KIA / internal noise

May 1, 2015
6750 n. LINCOLN
Since purchased, its been a problem, i noticed the clicking noise about 200 mile, however the dear said could not find a problem. I returned again after 300 miles, still problem. The sales manager advised me to wait until after 500 miles to open a case with kia. I returned the auto after 800 miles, they looked into it. On nov 13th 2014 they wrote the following on the work order " pit stop p5282 side center of sunroof, noise coming from loose screws holding sunroof curtain in place: 85310r00 3. 2 headliner bar, 81651 - 3r500. . . Failed part, reseucred and preformed pit stop for rattle. Well after month later the problem return, i wrote an email complaining the it appears to return. On 01 / 06 / 15 i took the car back to the dealership for the same noise. The dealership found no problem and wrote the following: " test drove car with technician for 7 miles over various road surfaces and over bumps could not duplicate problem, no problem found. " problem still exist. The dealership indicated that they drove the car for over 7 miles and found no problem, however i had noted the mileage on the car and found that the car had only been driven under a mile. I filed a complaint with kia customer service and meet with the district manger, it took about 2 weeks to confirm the meeting at the dealership, once we me, dm jeff who drove with me and agree there was a problem. It took over 2 more weeks to schedule a repair date. On 3 / 25 / 15, once again i returned the car to the dealership and they found a problem. Stating the following: c / s noise coming from roof of vehicle near the roof, please check and advise, effective part# 81630r500, found edge of sunroof plate bolts were over torqued causing rail to sit improperly in track adjusted to kia specs and road tested with technician and kia dspn, adjusted sunroof plates, no noise present at this time. Once again the noise has come back and even worst, metal bouncing inside of sunroof. I stop by the dealership on 4 / 14 and talked to the service manger, which rode with me at agreed there was a noise, he preceded to advise me that he would contact the dm of kia and call me when arrangement made. On 4 / 16 / 15 the service manager called stating still waiting on dm call back. On april 22, he contacted me stating which day early next week was good. On april 24th contact sm and advised him that on april 28th at 10 am would be fine to meet with the sm and dm. To my surprise, the dm was not present. I advised the sm to contact me when the dm would show up so that i was involved in the loop. However, that did not occur. On 4 / 29 the service manger advised me by phone that no problem was found. I have requested to meet the dm through the kia customer service and service manger at the dealer, once again review the problem and take test drive with me present. Still waiting for a response as of 5 / 1 / 15

KIA Motors Logo KIA Motors