Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] / unethical behavior, poor customer service, lies, rudeness

1 7641 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219, United States Review updated:

I went and ordered a number 12 which consisted of a Popcorn Nuggets Combo: Wedges & Medium Drink. I ended up getting the potato wedges, a biscuit and cole slaw but NO chicken. So I went back and told them that I didn't get what I ordered, I got NO chicken. The girl at the microphone proceeded to tell me that I was lying and that they did give me what I ordered. I told them I wasn't lying and in fact I brought back everything they gave me in my order in the original bag. I drove right back there after they handed me my order and I saw that it was incorrect. All I really wanted was just some chicken. After I told the girl again on the microphone I didn't get any chicken, they had me pull forward and talk to the manager. The manager was rude when he approached me and gave me a tiny little kid sized popcorn chicken and continued to accuse me of lying. So, I handed him back the bag that contained my original order, so he could see what they gave me was incorrect and that I was in fact NOT lying. In addition I also gave back the kids sized popcorn chicken he gave me. The manager then proceeded to threaten to call the cops on me because I gave my items back to him and threatened me that I better "be careful because people in my position can get slapped in the face". I told him he had horrible customer service and that I was going to report him, he responded that, "he doesn't care if he loses his job". So not only did I NOT get my chicken or a corrected order which is what I was asking for, I also got threatened by the manager who was working during this evening. I will NOT be going back and that is NO way to treat people.

Am
Feb 16, 2019

Comments

• Be
      16th of Feb, 2019

You should have put I did not get any chicken. Not I got no chicken. Funny how your grammar is that of a ten year old and yet you call grown women girls. Not to mention you are acting like a child and yet you call grown women girls. I seriously doubt that the manager threatened you for no good reason. I also seriously doubt that he threatened to call the police. Obviously you are not mature enough tell the whole story here. You want to be treated with respect treat others with respect. Trust me they won't miss you.

16th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy I believe he called the police or threatened to. It's scumbags like this who bother the police for nonsense like this. The elderly and children have to suffer while the police deal with popcorn chicken.

16th of Feb, 2019

God, all these crazy complaints would have been prevented if people would LEAVE THEIR CARS!!!

Stop being such a lazy bum and go into the restaurant to order.

16th of Feb, 2019

Um, you realize you just lied, right??? You said you got no chicken but then you say you gave them back the children's popcorn chicken... So what is it? The child popcorn chicken just magically appear??? Who did that, Jeannie or Samantha???

16th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean I did not catch that one. What a liar. Trying to scam them. That is probably why they threatened to call the police. OR maybe they were making threats and swearing. Sounds to me like mommy still needs to supervise the OP to make sure she behaves herself.

16th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy I almost missed it, myself. Geez these liars!

16th of Feb, 2019

I think he said the manager gave him a small popcorn chicken. He was insulted so left it all there.

I’m glad I always went in to order so I could see what was packed for me. I haven’t done fast food in thirty years and the drive thru is convenient but ten steps won’t kill you. Rain or snow I’d understand but decent weather?

20th of Feb, 2019

@SubSquirrel No, he said I got no chicken. But then later on he goes back to the counter and returns the child popcorn chicken. So what is it? Did he receive chix or not?

20th of Feb, 2019

@SubSquirrel Read his first sentence he said he got NO CHICKEN. This liar cannot even keep his story straight when he is trying to scam for free food. Then when the ADULT WOMAN catches him lying he accuses he of being rude, and having poor service.

20th of Feb, 2019

I read it as no chicken with his meal but then he got a little bit after.

20th of Feb, 2019

@SubSquirrel No, darling. The chicken just appeared. It was either Jeannie or Samantha.

• Fi
      20th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean From what I understand they first did not get chicken. Then when they complained the manager gave him a child sized chicken. Maybe he just thought he was getting child sized because these places reduce the proportions and increase or keep the price the same. But obviously there was a reason that they had to threaten to call the police. I also think that they are leaving something out.

20th of Feb, 2019

They got it but left it.

“After I told the girl again on the microphone I didn't get any chicken, they had me pull forward and talk to the manager. The manager was rude when he approached me and gave me a tiny little kid sized popcorn chicken and continued to accuse me of lying. So, I handed him back the bag that contained my original order, so he could see what they gave me was incorrect and that I was in fact NOT lying. In addition I also gave back the kids sized popcorn chicken he gave me. “

I reread the post. If you take your order home and return to complain about no chicken, I’d doubt you, too. People keep complaining about missing fast food items. Common sense says to check the bag before you leave. Granted, extra mustard or no mayo on a sandwich is hard to check without making a mess. I only ordered Chinese food for takeout but from the same places. They knew me and rarely screwed up. Calling was useless as their English was poor. But I’d call later and nicely tell them. They’d think back and remember that they forgot or they found it after I left. Apologies and free large order to make up for it. I’d say mistakes happen, it’s okay and I never yelled. One place had the assistant cook deliver something to me and I was twenty minutes away in another town.

It takes a minute to open a bag and check your food. If people behind you beep their horn, ignore them.

If the above situation happened to me, I’d refuse the popcorn chicken and refuse to leave without the food I paid for. If the police show up, I’d tell them I was robbed. They took my money for chicken but didn’t give it to me. The cop would ask them to give me the food and just chalk it up to an error.

I’d find another restaurant. Better yet, learn how to cook or buy frozen chicken. Spend an afternoon frying chickens and freeze them.

Lastly, if you post here, be clear and concise. Err, big word meaning make it easy to read. Don’t use fifty words to describe how it went. Don’t repeat over and over. “The manager was rude” will urge many of us regular posters to ask about it. Several of us aren’t stupid and ask questions. A little sarcastic at times but not outright rude.

An example is above. One said they didn’t return chicken, another said they did, repeat. We didn’t call each other names publicly, didn’t yell or swear, didn’t argue. We disagreed based on terminology and it was explained. Period. It’s called being an adult. I’m tempted to be ignorant at times but it’s an anonymous nickname and not worth fighting about. People disagree; otherwise life would be boring.

*rolls off platforms*