Kauffman Tire / Liars, fraudulent service

I discovered I had a flat tire this week and remember a commercial I saw on TV the night before: Kauffman Tire fixes flats for free. So, I took my car into Kauffman Tire at Barrett Parkway and Dallas Hwy. in Dallas, GA. I went in with my 11 month old daughter in my arms and asked if they indeed fixed flats for free. He said he couldn't understand my question. I thought that was strange as we were the only two in the lobby. I repeated my question the exact same way and he said that his shop did. So he took the keys and checked the odometer, etc. To make a longer story shorter, he came back and told me I needed 4 new tires and that he couldn't fix the flat. Now 2 weeks ago, I had got my tires rotated and was told nothing was wrong with my tires. I knew he was lying. He said my tires we dry rotted and bald. I called my husband and he got them to put a spare on. I took the car to NTB and not only did they fix the flat for free they said my tires were fine were definitely not bald and that I needed an alignment. I assume Kauffman was trying to take advantage of me because I was a woman with an infant and it was raining - like I would think "safety" and just pay for 4 new tires when I came in from a slow leaking tire. Just a heads up. Atleast get a second opinion if the repair isn't urgent. Everybody's out to make a buck despite the cost. Morally bankrupt! Sad but so!

Le

Comments

• Sc
      14th of Jul, 2011

not to be rude. But the Free replacement warranty only covers road hazzards not mechanical wear or damage from fire, accidents, vandalism etc. I work for Kauffman and someone just didnt explain it to you when they sold it to you.