Kanantik Belize

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 by

They tell you it is all refundable. It is not

4.3
Kanantik Belize
Sanctuary, Belize
When you talk to the first person they tell you there is property for sale between $50, 000 and up. They get you all buttered up then they set a time for another person to call you. This person pours on more butter and says he will put a presentation together just based on what you tell him. Then you are set up for another meeting in which you go to a web site and watch the presentation. After that you have a chance to ask questions. Then it is credit card time. This man states it is only a deposit that will hold the lot you picked out for 90 days. He tells you that your lot deposit can be canceled any time during the 90 day period with no questions asked. The deposit is $1, 000.00. So after they get your money they send you a receipt which you have to doc-u-sign stating you gave permission to collect the money. What they don't tell you this time is there is another paper that is sent with the one you signed that say if you do not come to Belize for the tour, the money is not refundable. This would be all fine and dandy but for two people to go there for the tour, you have to pay them $999.00 for the tour. This does not even include your air fair there and back. That's another $1300.00. Oh and the property starts at over $100, 000.00 per lot and up. So these people do not do as most resorts do.and pay for your tour, they sucker you in and don't tell you until after they have your money that it costs you this much. So you pay a thousand for a lot deposit another thousand for the tour plus your air fare if you are unable to make the tour you loose your thousand dollar lot deposit. Can you say scam.
Complaint comments Comments (21)    Updated: Complaint country Belize Complaint category Real Estate

Comments

D  6th of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Just want to clarify a few of the incorrect claims above. We have a wide variety of prices in the properties we sell.. This does vary though and at the time of reserving a lot, we can only offer what is currently available. We do take $1000 lot reservations that are refundable if you go down and view the property. If for any reason after viewing the property you decide it's not for you, we refund your $1000 lot reservation. It clearly states this in the doc-u-sign before you sign it. There is no other paper we send. Clients can go down and view the property however suites them best. To make things easy for our clients, we do offer a $999 tour package, which includes 4 night stay, all your meals /drinks and your puddle jumpers (which costs $350 per couple round trip). So if you break it down we are actually charging $649 for a 4 night stay all inclusive with meals/ drinks and activities. Trust me, at this price we are not making money off clients coming on tour with us. If you decide to purchase this $999 along with your $1000 lot reservation gets credited towards your purchase. True we do not pay for your flights to Belize. However, if you decide to purchase, we will also take the cost of your tickets off your purchase price. We are not a timeshare and we do not pay for people to come visit our development. Also unlike timeshare tours, we do not push the sale on you during your stay. Our package tours are simply an inexpensive way for our clients to come view and enjoy the development. Also note... you can always purchase a property without coming to view it. We just prefer that you come to see the property for yourself to make sure it is what you desire.
A  11th of Jul, 2015 by    -5 Votes
I also feel I have been scammed by Luke Chadwick, Mango Springs Development Ltd and Kanantik Belize. I also put down a deposit and was told this was refundable after a 90 day period. They did offer me the package to come and view the lot I had secured with my deposit, But unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to make this trip. Subsequently my $1, 000 has never been refunded and I have never heard from this company again.
N  28th of Oct, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Do NOT sign the two page memorandum of sale. Do NOT wire money to sittee river wildlife, eco-futures, sanctuary belize, gpa or indirectly to Kazaza.
Your interest free "fee" or "payment" of any balance, say $70, 000, around $650 a month... you can vacation NOW and forgo the pie in the sky promises of International airstrips, general hospitals, paved roads, electric and other utilities.
Somethings is just not right. . Your "investment" in an off shore real estate deal is funding a California "business" that is so untransparent.
A  30th of Nov, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I went down and purchased 2 properties. The company was very good to me and even switched lots after they purchased the land adjacent to one lot knowing I wanted an edge lot.
However! around the beginning of 2015 I stopped getting the monthly invoices but the charges are still getting taken out of my bank. I was told I could sell at any time, which I badly need to do. Guess what, no numbers for any of the companies function. All say they can't connect the call. There is no number on the bank draft. Did the company go down in flames and is still taking my money every month or what? How do I get a hold of a real person and If everything is a go why can't I find anyone who from the financial offices who would transfer title if I sell the property and provide me with development information for perspective buyers?
N  20th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@LIndaList71 I own lots there and have absolutely NO PROBLEM getting hold of them! No idea what your talking about ... in fact, they also return calls immediately next day if you call after hours! Why would you write this?? So other prospective buyers think it's a scam, which it is not??? Good job dude-
A  13th of Mar, 2016 by    -1 Votes
I feel terrible for those that bought at Kanatik, please see this website, there is a lawsuit against Sanctuary Belize developer http://independentownerssanctuarybelize.com/

I would never have bought there if I knew what was really going on
A  13th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Brandi Belize works for the company and has been part of Sanctuary Belize for a while now, she can fluff her posts all she wants...I agree with the other posts, we bought at Sanctuary Belize ( where the same people are involved) and totally feel like we got scammed!
N  28th of Mar, 2016 by    +2 Votes
Belize is a one of the friendliest retirement countries in the world so it tears me when I hear yet another story like this. I'm an American-trained lawyer, I manage a law firm in Belize and have heard both good and bad stories. In matters like these, it's best to get legal representation. Better safe than sorry right? In a third world country like Belize, I've learned that who you know really matters. My law firm specializes in real estate transactions and offshore banking, I also own a title company. YOU CAN buy beach front property on a piece of paradise, I've been in business for over 12 years and have helped many people do that.

Check us out at lawbelize.bz and connect with us on facebook.com/lawbelize

---
Ryan Wrobel
D  19th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I also purchased a lot, and everything was outlined VERY clearly before any money was transferred. This is NOT a scam in any way. All money spent was taken off my lot purchase, as promised. Luke and Kanantik are completely separate from Sanctuary Belize. Although he owned a small interest in Sanctuary Belize, he no longer does and Sanctuary owns nothing in Kanantik Belize.
This is a real developing community project. They are all cash funded, and acquiring no debt. There has been significant progress in the development, even since I bought just a short time ago. If you take the time and read the documents you signed, it is all spelled out there. And you cannot send "Hidden" documents with Doc-U-Sign, we use them all the time. Just putting in my two cents as a happy property owner and future resident. Thanks for listening.
D  24th of May, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I posted above about not being able to contact and sell my property. I am trying to delete that complaint because I got a hold of the right folks and they treated me like gold the way I had been at the beginning. Legitimate company with a beautiful plot.
N  20th of Jun, 2016 by    +1 Votes
We did have $50, 000 lots when we first started selling property in the development about 1 1/2 years ago, however that is not the case as of now. We do have sales reps and they do go over a very detailed presentation. We find that this really helps our clients get a good idea of what Kanantik Belize is all about and if it makes sense for them.
N  20th of Jun, 2016 by    +1 Votes
D  28th of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
#1 The place is as they say, the lots are there, and if you reserve a specific lot, they hold it for you for 90 days as they want you to visit to BE SURE, would you wait or hold of selling your property for 90 days??????)
They say a lot which is the TRUTH, they are not able to make Goverment projects or private, go quicker or on time, can only relay what they are told. This will be OUR FUTURE place, it's happening, been six times in 3 years, and also have property in Sanctuary, which an attempt by a fascist is trying to liar and ruin.
N  30th of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
I would never send money to "secure a lot" before visiting a place. How crazy is that? If it was presented that the trip (not including airfare) was $1, 000 and could be applied to purchase, that would be different and the right way to do it.
N  1st of Oct, 2016 by    -1 Votes
Does anyone know anything about Bamboo Springs?
N  9th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Of course it is a SCAM. Also having trouble getting a return call for 18 months plus...much less my deposit. Chadwick? Really? Google his criminal ###!
N  14th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
does anyone know if "the reserve" is in any way connected to all this? the sanctuary? or Kanantik?
N  19th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@gary 1710 It is the same. They just changed the name again. Run, Run Run!!!
D  20th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Sounds like a
Bunch of COMPLETELY uninformed people
Who
Obviously have not done their research- I have read all
The BS about Chadwick etc, you obviously have not read past the first article you read on him, typical ... Kanantik is going to be an incredible place to live, if you don't want to buy, then don't, but come on here and write BS I know for a fact is BS. If you can't afford $1000 for a four day vacation to Kanantik (all
Inclusive) to go there and check it all out, then maybe you shouldn't be buying there anyway- $1000 covers everything, you have no expenses when you get there, you buy, you get it applied to property, you don't buy, you had a beautiful Belize vacation! When I bought my two lots they weren't even applying that back-
Stop your childish, uninformed posts and move on-
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am a Kanantik lot owner (buying a lot on the 50% down, interest free 60 month contract) since June 2014. We have been to Belize and Kanantik a couple of times since then to visit. The development progress seems much slower than they originally advertised so we are concerned. There is a clause in our contract that says we can get reimbursed for our investment (less GST) if there is not a Land Use Agreement within 24 months. Does anyone know if there is a LUA?
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I would also like to add that we used the $999, four night package at Kanantik two times and agree that it is a true bargain. Try staying is a decent resort like Kanantik in Belize for four nights with all food and drink included for $1000 or less, nd I think the puddle jumper flights from BZE were included as someone indicated previously, another several hundred dollar value. I don't recall if the funds were applied to the property we bought but I don't really care at this point.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree