Juniper / mastercard

1 po box 8833Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-80o-726-5162

In may of 2008 I took my statement to the bank and western unioned the balance of the statement to juniper.(prior to this the first month I had the card I requested that there was to be no online banking, paper billing only. they still left it online, unknown to me, they made my first payment late. So it was to be changed to paper only)So, anyway it left me with a balance of 3.69. Now its october, juniper never sent me a bill showing the balance.Which I would have taken care of then. From may to October they have been slaping on the late fees to the sum of 169.00 and never ever sent a paper bill showing the bal. of 3.69. And they want 169.oo which is not fair. ITS BAD BUISSNESS!

Comments

• Te
      10th of May, 2008
    Juniper - false interest rate
    juniper
    560 Lakelawn Blvd
    Aurora
    Illinois
    Phone: 630-896-8128

added many different charges with out stating such charges would be added also never stated over credit limit just kept adding many different charges. also made arrangements and they never kept the agreement and stated adding charges again.
    Promised 8.99% and it turned out to be over 27.4%.I was never late on any payment . I feel that I have been taken by this card company .

• Jc
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Juniper is absolutely up to no good. We opened two accounts one for myself and one for my husband due to separate offers that were sent. Both were opened with a 7.99% fixed rate. I made my first payment online and it mysteriously disappeared. As soon as I realized it I paid it which came in eight days after my due date. Of course I have no proof of my first payment. So now my rate is 11.99%. Also I'm out the $75 transfer fee plus the $29 late fee.

Then comes my husbands first payment. I enter the checking out info online and I was really cautious in entering the numbers. You have to enter it twice to avoid errors. I made the payment online 9 days before the due date. Hmmm...some how two numbers got reversed and the checking account couldn't be found. Now they have charged us a late fee of $39 plus a returned check charge of $29 and if that isn't bad enough the 7.99% fixed rate has jumped to 20.99%. 7 days after the due date I get a phone call that allerted me to the payment not being made. That was when I realized the error in the account number. I immediately called and gave them the info. I had to make the original payment plus an additional $240 before they would even look at the account. So my late payment was $117 but they wanted just over $360 to even look at things. I paid it because I don't want all these fees nor do I want my account to be late. The payment isn't even due until mid October but it is now paid. Now I have done my part and they promised to reverse the late fee. So far I haven't seen that happen. Plus any time we get into the interest rate either there is no one in that department or we get hung up on.

I think that they do this with the first payments so they don't have to honor their really low introductory rates. Stay away from Juniper Credit Card offers.

• Se
      13th of Jan, 2009
    Juniper - overpayment
    Barclays bank
    California

I always pay my card on time, if not at least 2 weeks early. This month, I apparently paid too early, before the closing date. My payment which was supposed to be for jan, was applied to DEC! Now they want another payment for Jan.

They say there is NOTHING they can do! Thisi s so frustrating. It's not the payment it's the principal. I have been penalized for paying my credit card TOO early.