Juniper / Theft

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

These people are thieves and incompetents. I'm on a hardship program, and they've stolen money out of my bank account even though I made a timely payment.

I took a screen shot of my account page showing that my 3/30/09 payment is paid (it won't attach here because it's too large). I took a screen shot because they pulled this one on me last month -- told me the extra payment they stole from my account was credited to my next payment, and my account page showed it. I made the mistake of believing them, and then they went ahead and hit my bank account anyway, assessed me a late charge which they won't return, plus my bank charged me for an insufficient funds hit. Juniper got an extra month's worth of my money, which violated our agreement.

The auto-pay program is supposed to end this month but I know they'll keep hitting the account because none of the customer service people -- nor anyone I've dealt with at Juniper -- knows what they're doing. They've got me on auto-pay and I know they're never going to turn it off. Yes, I've called. Yes, I've written them. Yes, I've complained until it feels like my head will explode.

They NEVER have had their dates or their figures right. NEVER. I'm at my wit's end with these thieves. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

Om
  22nd of Oct, 2007
Juniper - Contrived Fees

I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST doing business with this company.

Well it appears that I am not the only one--I was starting to think I was a bit nuts...my first payment was due in Aug--only $5 I talked to a rep and then went online to setup an auto payment--I asked the rep if I should pay the $5 while on the phone he said no, that the auto payment would take care of it--well the payment did not withdrawal--I got late fees...$39 +$39, talked to another rep in Sep who checked the bank account number said the draft would go through and it did, but evidently she removed me from auto payment so I be darn in Oct my draft did not go through, well since it is on the due date I did not know this until after the fact again $39 +$39 because the late fee puts it over the limit and then another fee--they talked to me as if I have no clue what I am doing and of course their notes say different. I originally set up to make a payment of $60. Now today the rep says I am $130 over due, talked to me quite snippy like I was a ### and transferred me, the next rep talked down to me also—my statement said only $88.73 due. Now this shows me over due 3 times in a row, has hurt my credit and prevented me from getting a loan to pay off this stupid account—and oh yeah I started with a lovely 8.99% interest rate which was quickly adjusted up to 31.74%.

I will also be posting the same information on pissedconsumer.com , complaintboard.com and make a complaint to BBB. I have informed Juniper (in writing) if they assist me in resolving the error I will report that information to all places I have made complaints. I have also informed them that I will provide the BBB complaint number to them. I will additionally provide links to these complaints.

I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST doing business with this company.

Va
  5th of Sep, 2008
Juniper - Misleading and confusing billing
Juniper
juniper.com

The company charged me the full finance charge despite the fact that I paid the balance by the statement due date.

I bought a computer from Apple on a 180 days same as cash. I received a total of 5 statements from the company. From the first statement I have received, the due date is on the 25th of the month. On the third page of the statement, they list the terms of the agreement. They list that the expiration date of the agreement is July 8th. My complaint is that this date is different from the due date. The result is that after I made what I thought the full payment of the credit card, I was still charged the full deferred finance charge. The first page did not include information about the pending expiration date of the agreement. I would have made the full payment by the due date if it was there. Their customer service representatives would not help resolve the issue.

Ti
  16th of Sep, 2008
620 River Rd
Salinas
California
Phone: 831-455-2006

Changing a payment due date to collect late fees. I've reported this company to the FTC and all three credit bureau's, plus I paid the card, then cancelled it. Juniper not to be trusted.

Je
  9th of Nov, 2008

Good for you! Keep Going! Here are my comments and I wish you the best!

THE JUNIPER CARD IS A FINANCIAL SCAM!
I was checking out a new computer at the Santa Monica APPLE store and an employee said if I filled out a form, that I might be eligible for immediate credit with the Juniper Card with terms of 0% for 1 year. Because of my excellent credit rating, I was approved for over $1, 000 and I went home to further research their products, I then received a call that my dad had died of a heart attack and I left immediately. While out of state for almost a month, handling all the funeral arrangements and the estate business, my bills were being paid by auto-debit. When I returned to CA, I used the Juniper card and I saw on their first statement that my interest rate jumped from 0% for one year, to 29.99%!
When I called, the people at Juniper and Barclays Bank of Delaware, I waited over 15 minutes for an agent and everyone I spoke with was unbelievably rude. The supervisor said the reason the interest went up 30% was because I didn't use the Juniper card at an Apple store within 30 days! I used it 32 days later. The Apple employees explained none of this to me at either time! Before using the Juniper card, I browsed the terms and information but missed a “see below” fine print line. There is a (very small and hidden) sentence in the contract that states, if you don't use the Juniper card by Barclays Bank of Delaware in 30 days, the interest goes from 0% for a year to 29.99%. Even though I spent less than the credit limit, the interest put me over the limit! I explained the situation, and no one at BARCLAYS BANK or JUNIPER was helpful, friendly or the least bit understanding. Not only would they would not lower the interest rate, or the over limit fee, even for as a gesture of good will, they charged me a $39 late fee because while I had been on the phone with them, because I missed the payment cutoff time by 45 minutes EST! I highly suggest that you never use Barclays Bank OR Juniper! I have the feeling they may be up for a class action suit, if we really do see reform as promised, after the recent elections. I am wondering if this is one of the banks we bailed out!
To Juniper and Barclay's Bank, the death of a parent is another way to make more money.

Be
  29th of Jan, 2009
belinda boord
Oregon

this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with! over the limit fees late fees, what a crock of crap! I have great credit, never late, but for some reason it always was with this company. Cant even get a superviser on the phone. this company is raping the public!!!

Al
  5th of Apr, 2009

They are a royal incompetent pain in the you know what. I'm trying to deal w/ them too. No one seems to know what they are doing, and most of them are difficult to understand - severely so.
I have 3 suggestions for you...
1st do an online search for your state attorney generals office and file a complaint. If everyone who has problems w/ Juniper bank would do this, there would be an investigation conducted.
2nd Go to a credit counseling service. They are either free or charge a small fee. They are consumer oriented professionals who are trained to deal with these situations. Be wary of "for profit" companies that advertise that they can fix your credit. Instead look for one that is associated with a community service group.
3rd Hire a consumer attorney. Most will do a free consultation. You've got nothing to loose.

Good luck.

Ly
  16th of Sep, 2009
Juniper Credit Cards
Salisbury
Maryland

stay away from this company. I had a rate of 5.5% - never ever a late payment. My balance went over the limit by 10.00 because of finance charge and they jacked my rate to 30%!!! i fought with them to no avail. and closed the account. They are nothing but thieves!

St
  9th of May, 2010
Juniper

Do not apply for this card! I took it out a few years ago with no problems
untill barclay took it over. I paid it in full and they didnt post my payment till a week later and raised my interest rate. They did offer to waive the late fee and I paid the daily interest charge of $14.00 for the previous month by phone with the account rep assured me again was the paid in full amount. I also paid the $40 some interest from the previous month since they said my payment did not come in on time

The next month I get a bill again. Called Juniper and they said they had no record of waiving a late fee, and they do not waive lt fees. I would have to fax them a letter and wait for them to send a transcript of the phone call. So now i have a late fee for "never" paying the late fee.

Next thing I know I have 2 late fees and a bill that was once 14.00
turns into 78.00 and they said again that I did not pay in full. This was
never resolved and after a lot of frustration from "customer service" people who speak very little english, I gave up and paid the 3 late fees the next month since I never recieved the "transcript" of the phone call
and closed the account. Do not do business with this company!