John Robert Powers / Scammed
I was approached by a representative for JRP and went to an introductory class. They seemed like a legit company and so I paid $2000 for my daughter to take classes and have auditioned one a month.
About 3 weeks ago they called to inform me that they were "moving" to a new location and classes would be halted until Mid-May. I called yesterday 5/7/08 and talked to the old director. He informed me that the owner is nowhere to be found and filing bankruptcy and he owes money to his staff. My contract still has at least 6-7 months left to be fulfilled with no recourse yet.
I call the John Robert Powers corporation and they said that they apologized but I would have to sue the old owner to get my money back. I live in San Bruno and this JRP is in Redwood City. I am extremely angry and frustrated at this company. I thought that I was being cautious in checking them out first and still got shafted.
More John Robert Powers Complaints & Reviews
- john robert powers/acting and modeling school - it's a big scam 
- John Robert Powers - Think about your child not the money 
- John Robert Powers - First Class Scam Artist 
- John Robert Powers - Bad business practice 
- John Robert Powers Scottsdale - Scammed us out of Photos 
- John Robert Power's - JRP scammed me for $3100!
- John Robert Powers International - Terrible scamming company
- John Robert Powers - This is a just a rip-off company
- John Robert Powers Baltimore - Do not get sucked in
- John Robert Powers - Saddened