JLS Chihuahua World

JLS Chihuahua World
Northwestern PA, Pennsylvania
Phone: 814-782-3478
www.tatterbug2000.com/tmp/HOMEPAGE.html
This woman sold me a dog 4 years ago. No problem. I bought another dog from her in December 2007. What a nightmare! She says she gets them vet checked. Lie. When we received the chihuahua we had 3 days to take her to the vet. We got her there on the 3 rd day thank goodness. When the vet put the stethoscope to her chest he said, "oh, she's got a really bad murmur. A stage 5 to 6. 6 is the worst" he then stated do not let her run around because I do not know if her heart could take it." My heart broke. I could either spend 1000's of dollars and possible open heart surgery on the dog or try to return her. She also had two rows of teeth like a shark! So sad. I called the woman and she said she would take the dog back and give me another one. She did made me drive 3 hours to pick it up and the dog she gave us had ringworm, was in heat and bleeding and was scared half to death. Obviously never had any human contact. Turns out she was also microchipped with someone else info! JLS Chihuahua world is a puppy mill in the truest sense of the word. The puppies she sells are kept in deplorable conditions. Don't trust her, buyers beware.
Updated by Nancy Fritz, Mar 16, 2017
Karen, I'm sorry this happened to you and for your little dog. Now, spread the word about Joy and people like her. Tell people to investigate agricultural or kennel inspection reports before buying a dog from a breeder and to do their research. Most are available online now through the State Department web sites. Never depend on vet references, they are easily manipulated or faked. Good luck and I hope all is well.
Complaint comments Comments (30) Complaint country United States Complaint category Pets & Animals

Comments

D  7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
She is not puppymill at ALL . I have a witness and I brought puppy from her. She is very honsety perosn and i have vet record approve that she gave me and make sure the pup is good health. She is very honsety and also I take my pup to make sure. He is health.. But he is worth it for me. I am very happy with breeder where I brought! they are wonderful!!! god bless you
D  8th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
UPDATE,
I took my pup to my vet to check up. My vet say he is good health. I am very happy with him. We drove 5 hour 1 way to met the lady and the pup. Sign the paper and go over about pup care etc. Also I met pup's parent. I am really proud of her and her breeding. She is NOT puppymill. NOWAY. I have approve myself and my family met them.
Alike I say I have witness there to make sure. She very hard working to clean kennel in daily. She is very HONSETY person.. If i ever want buy pup. I will go back to get more from her. God bless
D  1st of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Her business is NOT a puppy mill at all!! I have know her entire life and even worked for her and her business... she makes sure ALL puppies and/or dogs have been vet checked regularly, wormed, bathed, and etc... The living environment for all of her animals is more than acceptable. Including all heated lamps, running room, warm beds, and lots of food and water... She knows all dogs by name and gives them plenty of human contact considering when you go there they all want you to pet them at the same time. I am shocked by these accusations, and recommend anyone buying a dog off of her! She provides special care to all of her breeding and pregnant dogs. I don't know who this woman is but her accusations are way off base. I know her better than anyone considering I have known her since the day i was born. This the first complaint I have ever heard about her business and I'm sure it will be the last! Thank you and God Bless
N  30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I HAVE BEEN RAISING CHIHUAHUAS FOR OVER 38 YEARS..I WOULD NOT HAVE SOLD TO HER IN THE FIRST PLACE HAD I REALIZED IT WAS THE SAME WOMAN WHO BUYS DOGS FROM PEOPLE AND KEEPS COMPLAINING UNTIL SHE GETS MUCH HIGHER PRICED DOGS FOR NOTHING..THIS IS WHAT SHE DID TO ME THE FIRST TIME AROUND..
AS TO THIS INSTANCE..
THIS WOMAN HOUNDED ME TO SEND HER THIS PUPPY IMMEDIATELY..FOR HER DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY..
I KEPT REFUSING SAYING SHE HAD TO BE VET CHECKED AND CLEARED FIRST..SHE STILL KEPT HOUNDING ME TILL I SAID I WOULD LET HER HAVE HER WITHOUT IT..I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO EVER BELIEVE THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS LITTLE GIRL AS SHE WAS RAISED IN MY HOME WITH NO PROBLEMS AND PUT IN THE PUPPY KENNEL WITH 7 OTHER PUPPIES 4 TO 10 MONTHS OF AGES..SHE RAN AND PLAYED WITH EVERYONE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DID..
NOW SHE DID HAVE A HEART MURMUR..WE FOUND OUT WHEN I TOOK HER TO OUR VET TO HAVE HER EXAMINIED..BUT NOT AS BAD AS WHAT WAS SAID..SHE IS PERFECTLY HAPPY AND PLAYING YET..I GAVE HER TO A NEIGHBOR..THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER..
ANYWAYS..THIS LADY WAS ADAMANT ABOUT GETTING THIS BLUE FEMALE FROM ME..I TOLD HER SHE WAS A VERY SHY FEMALE..ALWAYS HAD BEEN ..ALL MY PUPPIES ARE RAISED IN MY HOME..EVER ONCE IN AWHILE I GET ONE LIKE THAT..DON'T KNOW WHY..THEY ARE HANDLED SEVERAL TIMES A DAY..ANYWAYS..AGAIN..SHE WANTED NO VET CHECK..WANTED THE DOG IMMEDIATELY..I TRIED TO TALK HER OUT OF HER..AS SHE WAS TOO SHY..BUT THIS IS WHAT SHE WANTED..SHE EVEN WAS MEETING HALF WAY TO GET THEM EXCHANGED IF DONE IMMEDIATELY..I TOLD HER SHE WAS IN HEAT ..HER FIRST CYCLE...AND WAS BLEEDING..SHE DID NOT CARE AS SHE WAS HAVING HER SPAYED..SHE WOULD NOT CHANGE HER MIND..
WELL...WHEN THE DRIVER MET HER AND HER HUSBAND..SHE WOULD NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE DOG..NEVER EVEN GOT OUT OF THE CAR..(NOW IF YOU HAD SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE..WOULD YOU NOT CHECK OVER YOUR NEW PUPPY..)
THE DRIVER EVEN ASKED THE HUSBAND IF WANTED TO SEE THE NEW PUPPY OR HOLD HER..HE TOLD THE DRIVER "NO" AND "YOU CAN GET THE OTHER PUPPY OUT OF THE CRATE.." THE CRATE WAS SO TINY THE PUPPY WAS WEDGED IN IT..IT COULD NOT EVEN TURN AROUND..)
NOW FOR THE RING WORM..I HAVE NEVER HAD RING WORM HERE EVER..THIS PUPPY WAS GETTING HER NEW COAT IN..AFTER BLOWING HER OTHER ONE..AND I AM SURE YOU KNOW THEY DO THIS..)
ANYWAYS..SHE KEPT TELLING ME THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE DOG..SHE WAS BLEEDING.. DUHHHHHHHH..
I TOLD HER THAT..
SHE HAS NEVER BEEN TO MY KENNELS..EVER..I AM STATE "SURPRISED" INSPECTED 2 TO 7 TIMES A YEAR..IN FACT THEY WERE JUST HERE ON TUESDAY..AND
CHECKED MY KENNELS..MY DOGS..MY PAPERWORK..MY RECORDS..EVERYTHING PASSED 100%
I KNOW MY DOGS..BY NAME..AS MOST HAVE BEEN RAISED HERE..
HERE IS MY VET'S NUMBER..I AM MORE THAN HAPPY FOR YOU TO TALK WITH THEM..814-226-9631
DR. NORMAN SMITH..
HIS ASSISTANTS ARE LORI AND MEGAN..
BUT I FULLY UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS WOMAN BAD MOUTHING ME..I EVEN OFFERED HER TO PICK ANOTHER DOG ..I TOLD HER IT WOULD NOT LEAVE TILL IT WAS VET CHECKED..AND SHE REFUSED..

SO..I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS BAD DECISION ON MY PART..

THERE IS ALWAYS 2 SIDES TO A "STORY"..
D  25th of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I totally disagree with these complaints against..JLS Chihuahua World...I have 3 Chihuahuas I have purchased for them, 2 that were just pups (Spanky and Bear aka Bon Jovi) and one a few months older (Dutchess) all were potty trained...had all there shots up to date...and Dutchess, being older was already chipped...she gave me a complete copy of there vet records, the name, address and telephone number of her vet...whom I continue to use and told me if I had any questions I could call or email her anytime...which have and been anwsered quickly. THEY DEFINETLY ARE NOT A PUPPY MILL...she knows the name of EVERY dog she owns...can tell you whom sired them ...who their dame is and much more...each dog is NOT a number to her...As far as the conditions that her dogs live in being deplurable...THAT IS A LIE...I have been there and seen it...the kennels are clean...they have clean water, plently of high quality food...and warm shetler . Her pups are raised in a inside nursery, which may I add she allows NO ONE IN...she handles all the pups...so there in no chance of anything being brought in to them to make them sick and her older dogs do have human contact...they can't wait for you to reach over them fence and pet them...yes..there are a FEW that are shy...but they get over it rather quickly. I would definelty recommend them to anyone looking for a small dog...I LOVE MY DOGS and wouldn't trade them for anything...

DO THESE LOOK LIKE UNHEALTHY DOGS TO YOU?????
D  25th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Sorry the picture didn't show up ...

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/foxfire74/campics11-12-08017.jpg[/IMG]

D  25th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
That is such a crock!! I have known Joy for 15 years and have bought a number of chis from her and they were ALL healthy!!! They are a wonderful part of my family and I would never even consider going to someone else for a chihuahua. She knows and loves all of her dogs/puppies and has turned her love for the breed into a business - but thew love NEVER wained!!! The woman complaining must have mental problems.
N  8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Beware...don't ever buy a dog sight unseen. Very easy to have someone post positive, affirming responses to a complaint to make it seems as if the accusation is not true. Take it from me. It's a puppy mill.
N  8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
You can also see JLS Chihuahua World's PA Kennnel inspection reports on PA's State Agriculture web site. It states she has over 100 dogs on premises and she is certified for 250-500 at anytime. She did have a few unsatisfactory things back in 2006 like exposed wire and dogs were on dirt and grass. They also recommended she put some sort of drainage pipe to collect dog feces. Does not sound like a person breeding just a few dogs in her kitchen. Sounds like she is a much, much larger producer of dogs than that. She has currently passed inspection. Btw, in her previous response she stated I wanted to give the dog that I bought to my daughter. I don't have a daughter and the dog that I did receive from her a second time I wound up giving away. I did try to recoup my money but I realized the dog was in such poor condition there was no way I could sell it or recoup my money. It was an expensive lesson. My only reason for posting any of this is to help people make a sound, smart informed decision before buying a dog sight unseen. Pennsylvania is also the puppymill capitol of the USA.
D  20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Joy is amazing!!! I bought Boomer from her 2 years ago and he is now Carmine and amazing and healthy and happy...I met his mom and everything!!!

Joy does not lie and she is a great breeder, I have seen the kennels myself and they are spotless. All the dogs are outgoing and happy.

Joy is a great breeder and I would recommend her to anyone.
D  23rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
+AGAIN TO NANCY'S ALLIGATIONS..SHE STILL DOES NOT HAVE HER FACTS STRAIGHT AS USUAL..FIRST..I HAVE COPIES OF HER EMAILS..STATING THE PUPPY WAS FOR HER DAUGHTER..AND HER BIRTHDAY..SO SHE HOOD WINKED ME AGAIN..(i DID NOT KNOW THIS TILL I SEEN IT HERE)
AS
2ND..AS FOR MY INSPECTIONS..THEY ARE WITHOUT FORMER NOTICES..THE INSPECTORS JUST SHOW UP..SO THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN CHANGE...DUHHHHHHHHH..
3RD..WHEN NANCY STATED MY DOGS WERE ON GRASS AND DIRT..THAT WAS BECAUSE THE PUPPIES HAD A 40 FOOT BY 30 FOOT AREA TO RUN AND PLAY WHEN IT WAS REALLY NICE OUT..COMPARED TO ALL MY OTHER DOG RUNS WHICH ARE ALL CEMENT..THIS WAS THE ONLY AREA..THAT HAD ANY GRASS..OR DIRT..AS I DID NOT WANT MY PUPPIES ON CEMENT FOR THEIR LITTLE LEGS AND FEET..AND TO LAY ON..MUCH NICER IN THE GRASS..WHICH WAS KEPT NEATLY MOWED..BUT THEN THE PA CHANGED THE LAWS AND MY FUR KIDS CAN NOT BE ON GRASS OR DIRT..THEY HAVE TO HAVE CEMENT RUNS..EVEN IN THEIR PLAY AREAS..
AS FOR A DRAIN..THIS TOO WAS IN THE NEW LAWS..IN WHICH IT WAS PLACED TWO DAYS AFTER THE INSPECTORS LEFT..THIS WAS INSIDE MY BUILDING..NOT OUTSIDE..AND DEFINITLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY FECES..IT WAS A WATER DRAIN ...
ANOTHER LIE FROM HER..
AS FOR "EXPOSED WIRE"..MOST BREEDERS HAVE A GOOD HEAVY WIRE FOR THEIR KENNELS SO THE DOGS HAVE LOTS OF FRESH AIR AND THEY CAN SEE OUT..AND BE SOCIALIZED WITH EACH OTHER..LAY IN THE SUN..AND SUCH..MY FUR KIDS LOVE TO RUN AND PLAY WITH EACH OTHER.. AS FOR THE WIRE..I HAD A 4 INCH BY 1 INCH AREA..THAT HAD THE BEGINNIGS OF RUST..ON IT..THIS ALSO WAS A NEW LAW THEY WERE INFORCING..WHICH I HAD MISSED..WHEN PAINTING..
THE INSPECTORS CAME BACK A WEEK LATER TO REINSPECT AND EVERYTHING WAS 100%..
I HAVE NEVER REFUSED TO CHANGE ANYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED OF ME..
AGAIN..THS IS COMING FROM A WOMAN WHO HAS NEVER BEEN HERE..AND DOES NOT HAVE HER FACTS STRAIGHT..
AS FAR AS MY KENNEL LICENSE..ONE OF THE INSPECTORS HAD MADE A SIMPLE MISTAKE CALCULATING MY NUMBER OF FUR KIDS AND IN ORDER TO RECIEVE MY NEW KENNEL LICENSE ON TIME..I JUST PAID FOR THE HIGHER KENNEL LICENSES..NO BIG DEAL..AGAIN..NANCY DID NOT HAVE THE FACTS..
AS YOU CAN SEE FROM OTHER FAMILIES THAT HAVE ADDED MY FUR BABIES TO THEIR HOMES.. THEY ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THEM..
I APOLIGISE TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THIS GARBAGE FROM THIS LADY BEING AIRED ON HERE..
N  28th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
No worries Joy...for those of us who have been to your kennel and taken one of your furry friends home...WE KNOW THE TRUTH! and we all know there are some people out there that you just can't make happy no matter what.
D  6th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I recently visited Joy and the dogs she referred to as her babies. The place was spotless, the dogs all appeared healthy, clean, happy and well handled. They had access to both outside and inside air conditioned housing at their own will. They had plenty of area to exercise in and she knew them all by name as well as their parents. I bought a 9 week old puppy, which was kept indoors and came fully litter trained. He is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I'm going back in a week to purchase a second puppy which was too young to take during the first visit. She gave me a supply of extra litter, both dry and wet food, and extra worming medication which wasn't yet due. All these things were unnecessary but she did it because she cares for her pups and wants their transition into their new home to be an easy one. If I had any concern at all I would not be purchasing a second puppy from her. She is a very knowledgable and caring breeder who I would highly recommend!
N  15th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
The AKC’s Management Disciplinary Committee has suspended the following individuals from all AKC privileges for six months and imposed a $500 fine for having submitted or caused to be submitted two litter applications that they knew, should have known, or had a duty to know contained false certifications (DNA exclusions):
Effective December 3, 2007Kim Coleman (Clinton, MO) Multiple Breeds
Sharon Hoffman (Rhome, TX) Poodle, Maltese, and Chihuahua
Joy L. Rapp (Shippenville, PA) Multiple Breeds

Joy L Rapp is the owner of JLS Chihuahua
World.
A  29th of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I inherited a VERY SICK CHIHUAHUA from my aunt last year. (She suddenly had a stroke at only 51 & needed to go to an inpatient facility). My dog is 6 years old and has BEEN SICK HIS ENTIRE LIFE! Our family has spent thousands of dollars trying to keep up with every medical problem you could imagine. Now, my aunt was in my opinion, an idiot for purchasing a dog online and picking him up at the airport without driving to PA, but she got caught up in the "fad" of buying dogs via the Internet...huge mistake on her part!

That being said, I love him to death and will continue to give him the best care possible. I have an 11 year old rescued chihuahua mix (through a legitimate non-profit shelter) who is completely healthy. It's hard to make someone understand that this lady is a complete BACKYARD BREEDER who has no clue what she is doing! This is nothing more than a petstore pup who went directly from a mill to my aunt, rather than mill to store to my aunt. I am disgusted with JOY L RAPP. I "know" dogs and her animals are bred only for size, not temperment or health. ANY good breeder obviously wants to conform to standards, but the health and good "overall attitude" of a litter is of greatest importance. Joy could care less about the dogs once they are sold...sad, very sad!

Although she has been fined by the AKC for falsifying certifications, she continues to hawk her animals to the highest bidder. (I do understand none of this would have happened had my aunt not purchased a dog online, and believe me she paid the reprocutions for it! I now am responsible for this dog and wish someone would stop this [censor] from breeding, overbreeding, imbreeding, lying about paperwork, etc)
N  6th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
You people who bash breeders need to get a life. I have purchased a dog from joy and we just love her. Nobody can give you a 100% guarantee that a puppy you purchased is never going to have a heath problem. Does a doctor give you a guarantee that when you bring home a newborn baby that that baby is going to be heathy the rest of its life? I think not. But as soon as someone brings home a puppy from a breeder and that puppy gets sick sometime down the road its always the breeders fault. Do you blame the parents of a child that gets sick? Come on people think about it wouldn't it be nice if we all had a 100% health guarantee in life. Things happen, people get sick and so do animals, Get over it.
N  12th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
NOTICE
The AKC’s Management
Disciplinary Committee has suspended
the following individuals from all AKC
privileges for an additional six months
and imposed a $500 fine for having
submitted or caused to be submitted
three litter registration applications that
they knew, should have known, or had
a duty to know contained false certifications
(DNA exclusions).
Effective April 7, 2008
Ms. Merri Chaffin (Atoka, OK)
(Multiple Breeds)
Effective June 4, 2008
Ms. Joy L. Rapp (Shippenville, PA)
(Multiple Breeds)
NOTICE

and it continues...
N  4th of Jan, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I purchased a dog from this place in 2005. Three years later he was diagnosed with chronic renal failure with no explanation other than a congenital condition. He passed away last week as a result of this at 8 years of age. I have worked as a veterinary technician for 6 years and did everything I possibly could to maintain his health. I loved him dearly and miss him terribly but I do not feel that he was a product of good breeding. He had an underbite, luxating patellas, terrible hips, and kidneys that didn't work all at such a young age. I will never purchase another pet from this place and would not recommend it.
N  6th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Nlh8379 I am so sorry for your loss. I continue to make posts on this site so the public can be aware that JLS Chihuhua World is a Puppy Mill. I love dogs so and hate to see them suffer.
A  5th of Mar, 2012 by    +1 Votes
BUYER BEWARE !!! Chihuahua Pups are being sold with deformity, incest breeding, shot mouths disform features, NOT pure chihuahua breeds, all cross beeds with long noses, long legs and long backs, no dome shape head and are always having LIFE LONG problems, due to interbreeding cross breeding, this is a disgusting place to buy a pup and the price they charge should be for a property not a deformed animal, who you end up feeling sorry for!! she should repay all concerned, and concentrate on the now complaints, Not make threats of violence and villainy and try to scare of the genuine people who have handed over LARGE SUMS OF CASH to buy a pure chihuahua WHICH IS NOT AND DUE TO ALL HEALTH PROBLEMS has to HAVE THE POOR ANIMAL PUT TO SLEEP as nothing can be done. TRADING STANDARDS, AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS SHOULD GET INVOLVED, INCLUDING THE RSPCA, THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO ON AS LONG AS THIS, Even a Proffessional vet ( what better expert ) agrees these poor dogs are not breed correctly and are NOT PURE CHIHUAHUA. STOP THIS VILLIANS NOW!!! AND SAVE OTHER PEOPLE FROM ALL THE HEART ACHE...DO NOT BUY FROM THESE ###...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree