Jim Laabs Music / Bait and Switch, and Beyond Rude

Called to get the "best price" on an Amati contra bassoon, and was transferred to Troy Laabs, who informed me that the "best price" was $370 MORE than the price currently listed on the website. When I asked him how that could be, I got a helpful "I dunno" and he said he'd be changing the price as soon as he got off the phone. When I joked about getting my order in before he changed the price, he told me to piss off (his exact words) and then he hung up on me.

Worse than rude, and greedy, unimaginative cons on top of that. I'm actually glad I had this experience BEFORE I bought.

Stay away! Stay very far away!

St

Comments

• Ka
      11th of Jun, 2011

i recently called Jim Laabs music twice to get info on a piano and got this Troy guy both times...he was extremely rude both times and seemed to be more interested in purposely NOT being helpful rather than answer a few questions i had about the piano pror to completeing the sale...This would have been my first purchase at Jim Laabs and being from Wisconsin i tried to keep my money as local as possible but this guy was such a jerk i put my credit card back in my wallet and called Sweetwater Music 1-800-222-4700 where they answered all questions in a friendly manner and took great care of me ...id never waste another call to Jim Laabs Music again.