Jiffy Lube / Over charged

10300 State Line Rd, Leawood KS 66206, United States Review updated:
Phone: 913-381-1005

Went to get a oil change...had a special for $29.99. They told me if I upgrade $10 more I would get a full van check, tires, vacuum and washed window. Well I said yes...but got the run around because I am a woman. They talked to fast and I was in a hurry. Ended up paying around $70. They were short handed that day and very busy. I left with no van check, tires, vacuum and washed window. I was heading out of town and did not have time to go back and make a complaint. I have learned my lesson...take a man with me next time. I will not be returning to a Jiffy Lube anytime soon. It can be very expensive. Thanks for listening.

Vd
Apr 7, 2014

Comments

• Gl
      29th of Oct, 2009
    Jiffy Lube - COUPONS -
    GLR
    Durham
    North Carolina

I PRESENTED A COUPON FOR A FREE OIL CHANGE
    WHICH I ASKED TWICE WOULD IT BE FREE. OF COURSE THEY SAID YES. ONLY TO FIND OUT WHEN I WAS READY TO CHECK OUT IT WOULD COST AN ADDITONAL $23.00. tHEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE MY CAR USED MORE THAN 5 QTS. MY CONCERN WAS TELL ME BEFORE HAND. THE COUPON SAID NOTHING ABOUT SIGNATURE OIL
    CHANGE OR 5 QT.

• Hu
      17th of May, 2010

They damaged my car beyond repair...just by going in for an oil change...BEWARE don't go here!

• Rr
    Jiffy Lube - Long line
    1235 Main street
    Phone: 800-659-2568

I usually go to Jiffy Lube, but lately every one I go to has a long line. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or have a recommendation for another service? I liked them because they were national and trustowrthy.

• Ki
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Hah. Jiffy Lube is not all that trustworthy. Every time I've ever gone there they try to hassle me into buying a bunch of crap I don't need, telling me I'm lucky my car doesn't fall apart if I don't buy this part or that service.

Also, every town I've ever lived in has had at least 2 different places to get your oil changed. For example, Wal-Mart does it for pretty cheap.

• Ki
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Stealth: I don't think the two were connected, the long lines and being trustworthy. I think OP was just saying that (s)he likes Jiffy Lube because they are national and trustworthy, but doesn't want to go there because the lines are long.

• Hu
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Stealth on this. The way OP stated it seems that she/he didn't want to go there anymore and they weren't trustworthy because of long lines.

Anyway, some places you can go are simply gas stations. Wal-Mart, BJ's/Sams Club, everywhere. You obviously have the internet, so go look it up.

And Jiffy Lube is definitely NOT trustworthy IMO.

• Ba
      12th of May, 2011

My name is Byran Roundtree and I went to Jiffy Lube on November 6, 2010 and got an oil change the very next day my truck shut off and wouldn't start for a minute and I immediately went back to Jiffy Lube to get the problem fixed. I CHECKED THE OIL AND IT WASN'T OIL AT ALL IT WAS CLEAR FLUID ON THE DIPSTICK. I asked them to fix the problem and the looked at the truck the next thing you know the truck wasn't starting at all. I had to leave the truck at Jiffy Lube over night and had to return to put a new starter on it in the morning. The truck got worst and worst when I took it to Jiffy Lube. I BELIEVE I SHOULD BE COMPENSATED because the truck hasn't been running the same ever since the transmission is going up ever since I visited Jiffy Lube.
    Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, Md 21228

• Op
      12th of May, 2011

What color do you think fresh oil is dipstick?

7th of Jun, 2011
    Jiffy Lube - Stealing money
    Jiffy Lube

I went to a jiffy lube for an oil change and they told me that i need an air filter change .I told them go ahead and change it well guess what ?They took my old air filter out and never puted a new one .I found that out until my next oil change.I will never go back to jiffy lube their service suck and theyll rip you off anyway that they can.

• Hi
      8th of Jun, 2011
    Jiffy Lube - Bad oil change
    Jiffy Lube

I would not recommend this facility. I went for a oil change. The techinicians left oil marks all over my car. I drove my car off and found the engine cover uncovered and haging when I got home. The oil filter was then inspected and found that the filter had rust marks which means it was never replaced. HUGE MISTAKE AND BAD BUSINESS.

• Jk
      9th of Jun, 2011

Jiffy Lube does not employ professional automotive technicians.

Jiffy Lube employs pot heads who know nothing about changing the oil in your vehicle.

• Jk
      20th of Jun, 2011
    Jiffy Lube - Stay away
    Jiffy Lube

If you go to any Jiffy Lube for a last min oil change it will be your last lol... I work at a big dealer where we deal with customers all day long who went to Jiffy Lube all need engin/oil pans work...

• 08
      30th of Jun, 2011

Yeah I need a new engine now because JIFFY LUBE [censored]ED UP MY CAR. Yet they can't take the blame. ###.

• Pi
      1st of Oct, 2011
    Jiffy Lube - Awful service
    Jiffy Lube

I took my car for an oil change, but the service was awful. They poured lots of oil on the exhaust manifold and the surrounding areas so that smoke was coming off the car for several hours. Levels of coolant and windshield washer fluids were still low. The stirring wheel was completely oily, because the person who drove the car didn't care to clean their hands. Previously this location was excellent, but the new owner/management is awful.

• Ph
      8th of Nov, 2011

My first time bringing one of my vehicles to them …

Several years ago I brought my Chevy truck to the Carrillo/De La Vina Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Everything went smoothly until the next day I had smoke shooting out of my tail pipe, so I had a mechanic friend look at it and it turns out during my oil change one of the “technicians” had bent the oil temperature reader that the oil runs through, and had bent it so bad that it tore, so all the oil came dumping out. It came out so quickly that there wasn’t even an oil puddle in my driveway, it must have all came out during my short drive home. I called Jiffy Lube explaining what had happened, the technician came out immediately, confirmed the damage, then got the part to fix it. My car, after only one day, was running on no oil. They are lucky my engine didn’t seize, because then they would be spending 10’s of thousands of dollars buying me a new vehicle. (For those of you that don’t know about engines, if you car runs on no oil, the engine seizes, and you need a new engine, or a new car!)

I swore off Jiffy Lube and changed my oil myself for the next couple years…

My 2nd time bringing one of my vehicles to them …

After my boyfriend recently had a successful oil change with Jiffy Lube, I decided to give them a second chance. I brought my Chevy cobalt to the same location for a simple oil change. Once it was done, I drove the 3 miles to my house and parked it. A couple hours later I find a puddle of oil under my car. I turn on my car, pop the hood, and see oil spewing out of my oil filter. I immediately called Jiffy Lube, informed them what had happened, and they sent a technician out immediately. As soon as he pulled off the oil filter we both saw it… the idiot who is supposedly “certified to change the oil” on dozens of peoples vehicles per day forgot the ONE of TWO things you do when changing an oil filter: the o-ring gasket!!! How incompetent do you have to be to forget the o-ring?!?!?! Thankfully I caught it early so not all of the oil had leaked out and done permanent damage to my engine.

Jiffy Lube has a 100% failure rate with my vehicles which is unacceptable considering all they do is change peoples’ oil all day!!! I am a 23 year old female with no experience working on engines and I was able to successfully change my own oil for years! How their technicians do this for a living and have such a high failure rate is disturbing, and dangerous!

I will be changing my own oil from now on, and I will recommend that everyone I know does as well.

• Jr
      15th of Nov, 2011

I got my oil changed at the jiffy lube on montrose & harlem av and had a terrible experiance the store manager smelled like alcohol and the employee with a red shirt on was smelled like marijuna & when i got home my engine was over filled with oil they didnt vaccum & my tires where over inflated I will never go to that location again

23rd of Apr, 2012

The same thing has happened to me here in locations here in Canada. They always try to upsell you, and then when you come out, what a is a $30 oilchange turns into a $85 oil change.They did that to me once, and then I was stupid enough to go back to them a second time, but I told them just leave it, and I will ask my mechanic. Meinke has been pretty good, but then this last time, they did the same thing trying to convince me to get something done that does not need to be done. Stay away from Jiffy Lube for sure!

• 93
      27th of Aug, 2013

I went in to jiffy lube for an oil change... I drove the car home. The next time I got into the car, the engine caught on fire, and is now damaged beyond repair. They didn't put the oil cap on correctly. How am I supposed to afford a new car?

• To
      21st of Feb, 2015

My husband wanted to take my 2009 dodge charger to Jiffy Lube to get a oil change, prior to this my last oil change was in June 2014. I took the car there and left it with my daughter for service once they where finished she left days before my car was running excellent with no problem. We'll two days later my oil light came on when I to it to my personal mechanic I was told that I needed a new engine. He found engine oil all over the engine and prior to that there wasn't a thing wrong with my car. Now it's going to cost me 3000 plus to replace their mistakes. I will be seeking further action to get this situation handled. Even if I have to go to the press and file a lawsuit. No one has money to throw away because of their carelessness.