JC Penney / fun family rewards

Stonebridge Benefit Services
2700 West Plano Parkway
Phone: 8005277557
I made a purchase on JC Penney web site 12-18-07 for some clothing. At check-out they presented a $10 rebate and asked me to confirm my Email address, which I did. A year later I'm looking through me bank statements for medical deductions for income taxes and I find "Fun Family Rewards" at $9.95 taken from my debit account for 14 months. I called the company "stonebridge benefit services. They said they would "cancel me from the program" and refund one month. Big Deal!
I believe the public should know that JC Penney is running a scam. Don't buy on line from JC Penney, or you will live to regret it. I've been a customer since the 1940's. No more. Myron Ullman, is this the best you can do? I guess you'll be in line behind AIG for bailout money.

N  25th of Aug, 2008 by
CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND SAY YOU'D LIKE TO OFFICIALLY DISPUTE THE CHARGE! (Let your credit card company do some of the work for you).

In my experience this has been the fastest way to deal with these sort of recurring charges when you've already called the company to cancel the membership and get a refund. This Fun Family Rewards is obviously one of those "scam" companies, and I'm disappointed that JC Penney is associated with them.

I don't even call the 800 numbers for these companies making the bogus charges anymore since it will always be a waste of time. But I tell the credit card company that, yes, I've called the 800 number several times to cancel. (they don't know the difference and you'll end up having to call the credit card company anyway).

If you call your credit card company to dispute a charge, they HAVE TO investigate it. If the company (the one whose charge you are disputing) has a certain amount of time to respond to the dispute. If they don't respond or can't provide proof that you authorized the charge, your card company MUST issue a permanent refund.

Unfortunately, I actually signed up for this Fun Family Rewards intentionally. Some people here signed up accidentally or were signed up without giving permission. Either way this service is still a scam!!

When I went to the Fun Family Rewards website to check out the discounts/coupons, I couldn't log in. I had written down my user ID and password in the beginning, so I know they were correct. Finally I used the "reset password" option You have to enter your ID to get a new password sent to you so I know my ID was correct. The password they e-mailed me didn't work!! I did this literally about 10 times and the passwords never worked!!

There's no "contact us" link on their site, or at least not on the home page before you log in. I kept calling the 800 customer service number and got stuck on hold and ended up just hanging up. I'm sure these things are all part of their strategy to waste our time and rack up a month or two more of $9.95 payments!

Today I just called again to complain and cancel my membership and FINALLY got a real person! I explained the situation and insisted on a refund. The woman said she could give me a refund, but did I realize this meant I'd be missing out on some fantastic coupons and discounts? Get a Clue!!

I said I'd only consider keeping my membership if they gave me the refund and fixed the password problem. She said if I kept the membership I can't get a refund. But if I completely cancelled my membership then I can get a refund - these people are idiots!

So I cancelled my membership, and she promptly tried to sell my some life insurance and just wouldn't stop pushing all of their "wonderful" insurance products. I politely stated that, "I think we're done here so I'll be ending this call now - thank you and goodbye."

You can bet I'll be looking for the refund on my credit card statement - and it had better be for the whole 3 months. If I don't get it I'll just dispute the charge with my card company and let them spend some time on it.

Anyway, I might eventually call JC Penney to complain - but then again I've wasted enough time on this already.
N  3rd of Sep, 2008 by
I was at the vienna wva mall and went to jcpenny's the other day and i was trying on clothes and had my little girl with me and as i was trying on the clothes i noticed that there was something crawling around on the wall.come to find out it was a roach.so me and my little girl went to go tell one of the ladies that work there.And she was like, where mam, where do u see this and we showed her the room we was in.she didnt see it cause it had crawled away by then.so we went into another one and me and my daughter could hear her say i think they was just seeing things she was saying to another employee.I was pissed off by this point cause she didn't believe me.so anyways i was going to try this shirt on in another room and well what do u know there was more in the room i picked.so i said see i wasnt lying about it and showed her and she gave me this nasty look and said oh well it just a little bug, i said no mam there is like 5 roaches in there and she said a little bug aint gonna kill me.I was so pissed off by this point i told my daughter we wasnt gonna shop here nomore if thats the way these ppl are gonna be.Plus i hate bugs i mean i really dont like anybugs.So i wanted to bring this to your attention cause i was very disappointed.Roaches are a big problem.They are nasty and dirty bugs and i i could not believe she said that.So untill this matter is taken care of i will not shop there nomore.
A  17th of Oct, 2008 by
I understand these complaints I use to work for this company and believe me I know how the folks complaining feel. I was noting but a hardworking dedicated associate and found out after being downsized none of it mattered. I can remember working non stop for 8 hours or more last holiday season ringing shoppers out while management set in their large offices. I would finally get a break and discover managers talking on the phone with loved ones, eating, or talking with each other.
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
I received the $10 discount and membership package. I thought I would give it a try, unfortunately, I then forgot about it until six months or so later, I found the membership card with the 800 number, I was refunded all but one month after the operator checked and saw that I had not used it.
D  13th of May, 2009 by
yes but YOU signed up for it, this is what you get for not reading fine print!!

you can call 18885276839 and they will assist you with it...
N  2nd of Jun, 2009 by

JC Penney Fun Family Rewards - $9.95 for Nothing/Monthly
JC Penney

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.
D  7th of Apr, 2010 by
I understand your frustration, but you signed up for it. Sorry but just because you didn't read the fine print does NOT mean that they're running a scam. Be reasonable.
N  5th of Jan, 2011 by
I would not have felt this set up for Perfect Home 2 was a fraud if they had given me the $10 off the item I ordered as per their advertisement. That is the only reason I signed up for a 30 day free trial of Perfect Home 2 (whatever that is). All JC Penney and Perfect Home 2 had to do was keep their word, but they did not. As far as I'm concerened this is unethical and fraudulent. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and FTC both. If they are carrying on this fraudulent practice, then they deserve the consequences.

JC Penney Company Logo JC Penney Company