J. Murphy Firm / J. Murphy Firm Rip Off

1 Grant StreetPittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I just opened up a letter (again) from this J. Murphy man who is driving me crazy with his letter everyday to send him hundreds of dollars to purge my credit card debt. He has a 100% money backguarantee attached which is what makes it sound sketchy. I have hired attorneys before and have never heard of one offering 100% satisfaction/money back guarantee on my divorce and my living will!. Very odd.
Are there any attorneys out there who know this J. Murphy? Can attorneys offer 100% guarantee or just bill after its over since he is so confident that it will be to my satisfaction???? He won't do that of course.

More J. Murphy Firm Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pi
      18th of Sep, 2012

of course he won't do that...when he can't settle it or when they do (and they will) refile the lawsuit he will talk you into a bankruptcy. Transfer your money over to a bankruptcy. These credit card companies don't just "drop" a lawsuit after it's been filed. That's the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. You owe it or you don't, period!
    Wish my mortage company would just "drop" my note! HA HA

• Th
      19th of Sep, 2012

If you want to stop the offers in the mail google cease and desist letters.

29th of Nov, 2014

Actually the J Murphy firm is totally legit. Many credit card companies and debt buyers sue people in district courts with practically zero evidence. They do this because most people will fail to appear and then have a judgment entered against them that the company can then act upon.
    As far as the money back guarantee goes, he isn't the only debt attorney to offer one, that's how often we win these cases.

• La
      16th of Dec, 2016

I feel like you have something against this man personally. Have you ever called the office to speak with anyone there or are you just assuming all this? I have worked with him on a few Credit Card cases and he was able to win 3 out of 4 for me saving me over $23, 000!! Maybe you should use you time wisely by calling and seeing if he can help you, ask him questions, visit his office instead of writing reviews about someone who's service you never used. This is a great man and your unfounded comments can do damage to his great reputation, you should feel like a jackass.