Ivy Tech Community CollegeMisappropriation of funds/overcharging

There has been a big mess with my higher education grant and this has been repeated more than once by Ivy Tech. They refunded my scholarship and grant money (after putting in on and removing it 2 separate times) and now are stating that they over-refunded me and I am to pay them pack the $1550 for my higher education grant. This process is ridiculous and the errors have been made by the school and their accounting. However they want to hold me responsible and are placing holds on my student account, so that I may not add additional classes for next term. I am in the honor society, have a 4.0 GPA and on the way to upholding those qualifying factors. I want Ivy Tech investigated, because I feel that they are lax in their business practices and they want others to pay for their errors. In the “real world”, that’s not how it works.

On top of that, Ivy Tech had a very compromising situation with a Fall 2014 Math class, where they cancelled all student’s book orders (which were submitted in bulk order with their other classes). They then required us to order them again, at a higher price plus additional shipping, which net the school an additional $40, 000 - $50, 000. Practices like this are deceitful and disgusting - and this is wrong, both in business and morally.

This is not the first problem I have had with Ivy Tech. They are also discriminating towards some students and one of the business office personnel told me she would wait to see if it was "worth her time" to update my student information, because she wasn't sure I would even attend (I'm not the "traditional" idea of a college student). It was insulting and I had to get other employees involved to get my account up-to-date so that I could attend.

Sa
Oct 25, 2014

Comments

• Ri
      Jul 08, 2015

The same thing is happening to me at present. What recourse do I have?