Instant Tax Service / tax preparing

1 United States

I was former Employee of Instant tax employee and was also scammed by the franchisee. A friend of mine told me she has a new roommate and has tax business and asked if I want to work for 3-4 months. I said ok. When I went to meet this lady at her office, she was training 2 other women. I should have listened to my intuition because she was acting erratic and she introduced me to other employees as manager and her cousin??!! I went along with it. She paid us cash the first time. but when we officially opened we didn't have a lot of customers so she let go of the other two and its me and her. It was the worst 3 months of my life. I believe she was taking drugs and has mental issues but I stayed because she didn't pay me. I was waiting but she kept saying she is not making money but she will pay me. In other words I was her slave. I was working for free.
The way we worked was first I greet the customers and use their ID and pay check stub to enter the information on the computer so the preparer's name would be mine because I opened the account. Now I know why she called me the manager. She has set her table on the back so I can't see what she's doing. I can tell she was scamming the customers but had no way of knowing. So after I finish entering the information the customers would go to her table and she would calculate their refund and tell them amount of loan they get. This is only time I see her calm and quiet. I knew she was up to something. I couldn't wait to get away from this place. I left without getting paid. Oprah once said when someone steals money for you see it as tuition money. Lesson learned.
I just felt sorry for the tax payers who were scammed by her and her friends in Ohio and I want them to know, they are not the only ones.
oh and also when franchisee open new office they move to another state in secret by renting into people's houses and pay cash. so there is no record they are in the state they are working in. that's why she was staying at my friend's house. After I quit, my friend (roommate) told me she was buying designer purses and shoes which confirmed she was making money in secret.

En