Innovative Merchant Solutions / fraud

You must stay away from Innovative Merchant Solutions.

Innovative Merchant Solutions is a bunch of scammers. We tried to make a minor change to our account with them six months ago and ran into red tape and poor customer service that was beyond belief.

Finally after hours on the phone and multiple faxes, they handled our problem.
Then a friend suggested a new person to handle our credit card processing needs and so we accepted (that was in November or December) and we faxed Innovative a sheet of paper declaring our intention to leave them (after spending hours on the phone determining the correct means of doing that). They ignored our first fax request. I called them back a month later and found out they had pretended not to receive the first request--I faxed another request according to their instructions and was informed that the account would be canceled.

Lo and behold, four months later we are still getting bills on the account, for about $50 a month. I called them today and they told me that the account was not canceled because the request to cancel the account was not signed. Amazing, because I was looking at a copy of the signed faxed request while I was on the phone. She even told me she personally had tried to reach my boss to cancel my account, but that unfortunately his voice mailbox had been full. Which is also remarkable.

I faxed another request to them today. Why should it take five or six months to close an account? How do they have the gall to keep charging us every month when we have explained three or four times in writing that we want to cancel the account?

If we just stop paying them they will hit our credit. ###.

They are a bunch of liars.

Another quick note: Their "customer retention" department is designed to retain customers by ignoring phone calls. Every time you call that number you have to wait on the phone at least 15 minutes.

Stay away from this company AT ALL COSTS.

Comments

• Ds
      18th of Mar, 2010

Here are a couple of sites to help get enough people to see this issue in a broader audience. If they are enough people to voice their personal situation with this company perhaps there is a chance they might chance their questionable business practices.

Here are links already posted to these sites, you can comment or created your own individual posting.