Initial Underwriting Group / Rushed sales, bad customer service, no refunds

Never in my life have I been so confused, mistreated and financially raped by a company. Even AOL's routine double and triple billing wasn't as bad as dealing with IUG. At first glance, this company was EXACTLY what I was looking for and like all things that appear too good to be true, it was.

I'm a native American small business owner located in Maine. I have small town family values and place the safety & happiness of my clients and employees at the top of my daily "To-Do-List". (Second is making a great product and delivering on the promise of great service, third is making money.)

Now, like I said, I thought IUG had exactly what I was looking for, they had a rep call me and wanted me to fill out a form on their website, while still on the phone. I thought I was just getting a pleasant change from the normal humdrum of daily business, now being on the phone and typing & reading all at the same time is hectic at best. They wanted some cash up front to get started after they called again to tell me I had qualified for a $32, 500 small business loan. I was so happy but couldn't come up with the $950 they wanted. So they said they've give me a break, send $400 and they would get the ball rolling. I have a really tight budget but I was able to free up the $400 and send it. Now they send me an email saying that my money was non-refundable and that I had to be incorporated to get the loan. "But you knew I was a sole proprietorship?" To which he replied we'll get you incorporated. Ok I thought, so how much is that? He told me it was about a hundred dollars or so. But I thought this was all included. He told me it is. So why do I pay more? He said I don't, I pay the State. So back to being incorporated, which I'm not and told them so on their OWN application. I spent the day trying to contact them via phone to clear up this situation.

They'd only had my money 10 minutes, what could be the problem? I was asked repeatedly "Are you joking?" by customer support. I tried elevated my complaints to their managers and sent emails to their sales and support email addresses. These were all dismissed by their management staff because I had hit a little checkbox that said I agreed to this BS while I was on the phone and online with their website AT their request.) Not one message for a call-back from a manager was returned. This is getting ridiculous at this point. I check out the SBA website and find some contact info for the company's owner. I tried explaining the situation but to no avail. Again with the checkbox. Then I was told that I had agreed and they had the phone conversation recorded. Ok, how can I get a copy of these recordings? So I mention that my lawyer could obtain copies through the court system. I was then told not to threaten them and they hung up on me. The owner never once would pick up my calls.

I've lost $400 but learned a valuable lesson about Initial Underwriting Group, STAY AWAY.

Va

Comments

• Re
      15th of Jul, 2009

I don't disagree with the person who said it is likely their people posting the positive reviews...that would seem consistent. What a bunch of boneheads.

• Mi
      20th of Jul, 2009

I do not know how they got my phone number in the first place but I have gotten calls as early as 730 in the morning, till 10 pm at night. I have asked them to take me off there list a good 26 times now. One more phone call and I am going to file lawsuit for harassment. I am sick of the weekly calls. I am sick of telling them to take me off their list ESPECIALLY since I never inquired about a loan to anyone, I dont give out my number, and its not a business cell phone!

• Ck
      21st of Jul, 2009

We should all get together, find an attorney and either get what we paid for or get the refunds back. This company is rediculous and has basically stolen over 1500.00 as of now but i can see how quickly it can grow, reading these complaints. I say we get together and fight it.

• Ck
      21st of Jul, 2009

Please tell me this, While we are all in business and are on the phone constantly. Does Brandon communicate like he has a bag of marbles in his mouth when he is trying to explain something????? He is the only person so far in my career that no matter how many times i change phones i can not understand half of what he says. Please comment so that i know i'm not out of my mind.

• Je
      17th of May, 2011

It's pretty simple. Instead of you guys writing on this page, why don't you all get together somewhere near to where this company has it's offices. Hire a couple of roughnecks, rude boys, take a walk to their offices and beat the crap out of the guys. Make sure you have records of all your papers and stuff in case they call the guys in blue. Better yet, hire a PI and have him follow them all and find out where they live, where they go eat at night, the strip joints they go spend your hard earned cash; just wait for them outside those joints, get your steel baseball bats ready, swing at them, break their legs and flee...That's how we do things in Puerto Rico and Florida. All these organizations and institutions like the BBB, FTC, Etc. are just a bunch of good-for-nothing. They're a bunch of bureaucrats.