Infinity Dish / non refund of cancelled service

1 28 North AvenueSaco, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2072291720

On November 8, 2009, I ordered Dish Television through Infinity Dish. I was told it was required to give them $49.95 to get Dish Tv started. This fee we refundable if cancellation was within three days which is in accordance with Maine State law.

On November 9, 2009 I cancelled Infinity Dish and cancelled the installation and also requested a refund. I was told the refund would be credited to my card within three weeks or so. I called them again a short time later and told them the money had not been refunded yet. I was told by their representative that he had just processed the refund approval and I should see it in a week or so on my next statement..

It is now February 25, 2010 and my statement still does not show the refund. I attempted to call them today and was told the number was no longer in use and I should go through the yellow pages to find the company. The original number was [protected]=3357.

I have been given the runaround for the past three months and I'm now pretty sure they have no intention of processing my refund. This to my way of thinking, blatant thievery. I need help to resolve the problem and recover my $49.95.

Comments

• Sj
      11th of Mar, 2010

i too have had nothing but the runaround with Infinity. What to do?

• Kw
      3rd of Aug, 2010

We were charged $49.95 on the day BEFORE our installation. Infinity was unable to install service. After several phone calls and the run-around, we were promised a $49.95 refund on our next credit statement. We had to dispute the charge with our credit card company. After 3 months, our credit card company finally got our refund. We have told everyone we know what crooks Infinity Dish is!!!

• Al
      9th of Jan, 2011

so bad

• Pr
      26th of Feb, 2012

I also cheated by Infinity Dish. They told me that dish can't be installed due to direction problem and promised me that every penny will be returned. But still didn't return processing fee 49.95 $. Nobody talk on customer service. They don't display any address on their website. Parent Company Dish is watching all this fraud and not even revealing any information about Infinity Dish. I feel this is joint robbery of Dish and its retailer companies. How easy it to fraud people. They don't fear from legal. So unfortunate.

• Pa
      2nd of Apr, 2012

They are running a scam!!!We signed up for Dish network cable package through an authorized 3rd party retailer, Dish Infinity on 4/1/12. We were charged of processing fees of $49.95 by Dish Infinity and programming fee of $37.18 by Dish Network. On the same day, we were researching about Dish Infinity online and found out that there were a lot of negative comments/reviews/complaints about Dish Infinity so we called Dish Infinity on the same day to cancel our purchase, we were told that we had to contact their costumer service the next day. When we called Dish Infinity the next day, 4/2/12, they kept transferring us from one department to another and even hung up the call several times. So, we called the parent company, Dish Network to close the account. We are promised to get $37.18 refunded back to our account. We were also told that they will not be able to refund $49.95 as it was charged by their third party retailer. We spent more than 100 cell phone minutes to get hold of Dish Infinity to get that refund back, but no success. We are disputing the charges as a fraudulent charges with our credit card company (Chase). The dispute process will most likely take 3-4 weeks before we find out if we will get our refund. This whole process has been very frustrating and we feel very helpless. It is very sad that so many innocent people like us are getting ripped off everyday and no actions have been taken against this company, DISH INFINITY. At the same time we blame Dish Network as well, since they know how Dish Infinity is treating their customers and wont do anything about it.

• Pa
      6th of Apr, 2012

We were also scammed by this company. After setting up work order with Infinity, I was little curious about the $49.95 fee and did some research online. There were so many complaints about this company and we also came to find out that if you sign up directly through Dish Network you don't have to pay that processing fee.

So, we called Dish network immediately (within 24 hrs after setting up the work order with Infinity ) and cancelled the work order and got the refund for the programming charge that was charged by Dish Network. But they sad they couldn’t refund the processing fee since it was charged by their third party retailer “INFINITY DISH“ or “INFINITY SALES GROUP“. So, I called Infinity to ask for my refund and they kept transferring the call to the Dish Network customer Service and even hung up my call few times.

After, wasting about 100 minutes of our cell phone minutes going back and forth between Infinity and Dish customer service, I had had it. I was pissed…I mean really pissed. I was motivated to do anything possible to get my money back. To be honest, it wasn’t even about the money anymore, it was about what is right and what is wrong. So, if you really want your hard earned money back from these thieves, here is what you need to do.

a) Dispute the charge with the credit card company or the bank claiming it was a fraud charge since you can’t get hold of anyone at Infinity.

b) Filed complaint at Better Business Bureau . Type in your zip code and then click on "File a complaint". Then keep following the on screen steps. When asked about the company you want to file complaint against, Type: Infinity Sales Group, LLC, P.O. Box 810491, Boca Raton, FL 33481. Then, write briefly what happened. Make sure to ask for the refund and also write that you want Infinity to remove your name, address and credit number from their data base. Don't forget to submit your complaint.

c) Also, file complaint at . This is Infinity's (or Info Sales Groups) legal website. It took me a while to find this out. Briefly write down what happened and ask for your refund. Make sure to include your name, address and the dish acct number the sales guy gave to you through the phone.

D) Lastly, EDUCATE, EDUCATE! Tell everyone you know (friends, family, neighbor, blogs...etc) about your horrible experience with Dish Infinity so that you can save them from getting ripped off.

I hope this helps