IGS Energy / Unauthorized sign up/refusal to cancel

1 Dublin, OH, United States

IGS stated they sent an option out letter to me requiring me to return to them if I did not want them to be my carrier for gas. I never received such a letter. On Oct 27, 2014 I received a post card from Columbia Gas stating my carrier choice change. I called columbia Gas and said I did no such thing. I was told to call IGS because they couldn't do anything. I call IGS andf was told I am in contract with them. I cancelled that day while I was on the phone or so I thought. IGS represented themselves on the phone as being a part of Columbia Gas. I was happy with my previous carrier and everything was running smooth. Get the bill. Pay the bill. Well, Dec 26, 2014, I receive my bill from Columbia Gas which was dramatically higher even though nothing in usage had changed. I see IGS is my carrier, my rate went up and obviously no longer on a budget program. after many hours on the phone, I have a cancellation number but was told it would take TWO months to process AND I would be charged a fee for early termination. The amount they did not know. I filed a complaint with the PUCO, BBB who by the way, doesn't have a rating for IGS or any information due to they are reviewing the company. I called the Attorney Generals Office and am in the process of filing a complaint with them. I see complaints filed on their web site of at least 75 for fraudulent procurement of contract, misrepresentation and unsolicited calls. IGS was founded by Marvin White in 1989 after he retired from Columbia Gas! His son, Scott White, is current CEO. They are a scam and using the "law" as their umbrella.

Dt