Idbi Bank / Personal loan problem

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for a personal loan on 03/07/2006 for Rs.1 Lakh , I submitted all relevant documents to them when they demanded time to time. On 27/7/2006 I signed all documents and ECS form. But they had not given me any response till 09/08/2006. Whenever I called them, every time they demanded various documents. After that I never call them for loan. But on 16/8/2006 they informed me that my demand draft is lying with them and my first installment will be collected on 05/09/2006. I refused them to accept demand draft and I send the letter for cancellation of my personal loan by courier to branch office and by email to head office. They have not responded till date. Also i given request to my bank for cancellation six cheques which i given to them. On 21/09/2006 I personally met the Executive in their branch office. Their branch manager told to their representative to close the account before 1st ECS deposited in bank. They demanded around Rs.6000/- to close the loan account by phone on 25/09/2006. Till date I have not taken the loan. But till they sending installment through ECS and it is returned by my bank as I have not keeping any balance in my bank due to this. My bank charging to my account Rs.200/- + Service tax every time.

Also when I inquired about rate of interest, they informed me that, the rate of interest will be 15% p.a by reducing balance and installment will be Rs.2379/- for 5 Years. But they are sending installment of Rs.3281/-.

Don't use IDBI Bank!

Comments

• Ku
      14th of Sep, 2007

I strongly agree with above comments and by Dipak's plight because i too sail in the same boat where i was cheated by Andheri east branch, i had applied for Loan against property and they kept for asking for more and more papers. This went up to 2 months and the best part was i was the one begging for money and loan to be sanctioned at the end their stupid credit guy asked for that paper which even CIDCO could not produce so decided to leave having busienss with them. In return i got a letter stating my refund will be given which never happened now its nearlly 1 month, i dont know who is the right person.

The Andheri East staff is horrible , no etiquettes and they use profanity against customer .