IBSN Tax

Posted:

Not trust worthy

4.15
tax filing
IBSN is a tax filing company based in India. These guys will file u r taxxes with some tricky and riskyway.
will tell you that if a query comes from federal or state govt. they will support you for 7 yrs.
they chagred my more than 400USD . for getting more money as a tax return.
I got query from state ..and theese guys r simply ignoring my emails and calls.
i called more than 20 times everytime i get a answer that we'l get back to you shortly !!

this company is not trust worth .
DO NOT FILE YOUR TAXES WITH IBSN . These guys are CHEAT
Complaint comments Comments (1607)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Bad Business Partners

Comments

N  9th of Apr, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Dear All -

I humbly request any visitor, on this complaints exchange board, who has issues with our service; return preparation; representation; refund of fees (partial or full) etc to kindly first raise an escalation or resolution service ticket before listing a complaint here. I appeal to your kind attention that this will help us have an opportunity to resolve the specific issue to your satisfaction before you take up the determined step to complain here about our services.

I promise to personally monitor as the Founding Member of this company to diligently address any escalation or issue that comes to our attention through this Resolution Desk.

Contact Mail IDs:

Process/Service/Refund Escalations:
a) Nandakumar.kannavaradharja@ibsnus.com (Senior Tax Practice Manager)
b) Ravishankar.Vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com (Senior Tax Practice Manager)
c) Management@ibsnus.com / laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com (Chief Business Architect)

Representation Matters:
a) Anuradha Narmeta@ibsnus.com (Senior Tax Practice Manager)
b) Laxmi.Palaypu@ibsnus.com (Chief Knowledge Officer)

Obligingly thanking you all for extending this courtesy, I request you to put a CC to my attention at: Laxmi.Palaypu@ibsnus.com

D  10th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Laxmi,
I have a case pwnding for closure with IBSN for over 14 months now.

As for the Customer ticket and escalation options within IBSN portal are concerned, i would like to inform you that i have raised umpteen number of tickets and escalations (there is a separate option for "escalations" on the website), but to no avail.

I had even written a mail to "Management@ibsnus.com" on 27-Feb-2009, but have not recd even a single response to date.

Now that you have generously listed all contact details of the IBSN top brass, i am still holding onto my hopes of seeking justice (read refund of $55 towards excees fees levied by IBSN). I have marked copies of my e-mail to Nandakumar, Ravishankar, apart from yourself.

Hope to see a speedy response, if your committment to reviving IBSN's Customer status is anything to go by.

Best Regards,
Subramanian
N  10th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Dear Subramanian,

Thanks for having provided us an opportunity to resolve the long pending issue that you had with us.
I just received confirmation from Ravishankar that he spoke to you and resolved this matter.

Sincerely thanking you for your patience, I promise my full engagement in this effort to clean the dust on us, and I am obliged to note I have one satisfied customer, Subramanian, and I deeply thank you again for providing us a chance to respond with committment.

A  10th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was thinking of attending interview with IBSN tomorrow! Reading the reviews makes me think again! I do not have the luxury of time and energy to go after these types of unnecessary fraud acts! Thanks to all who provided the feedback!
A  10th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Absolutely agree. ISBN is such a fraud company with cheap mentality. I would never recommend anyone to go for it. No response from them even after calling for 15-20 times and you have to teach them how to calculate your taxes. I was talking to one their "Sr Tax Analyst" and this guy doesn't even know ABC of tax rules. I don't know whether they are even qualified people. Stay away this company.
A  10th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was thinking of filing tax return tomorrow with IBSN. But reading these negative reviews makes me think again! I definitely do not have the luxury of time and energy to go after these unnecessary fraudulent acts! Thanks to all for the feedback ! THIS IS A SHAME FOR INDIA!
N  10th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Dear IBSN Client:

As said earlier, the delay that might have occured to a small population of clients is only because of the volumes of the tax returns that are being processed to meet the stipulated filing deadline and not at all intentional.

We humbly request you to kindly bring to our notice or to the concerned team, any query that you have on the tax return processed by this company.

For immediate assitance, you may kindly write to any of the following:

Mr. Nanda Kumar - nandakumar.kannavardharaj@ibsnus.com (Senior Tax Practice Manager)
Mr. Ravi Shankar - ravishankar.vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com (Senior Tax Practice Manager)

We thank you for your patience. Thanks!
A  11th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have had the same problems with IBSN and after getting completely frustrated with the customer service and making a decision to file a civil lawsuit against them, I got a call from their India office, and when I told that lady that I would be filing a lawsuit against IBSN if my problems are not resolved, she started misbehaving saying things like "How dare you threaten me or my organization.." HUH??? hello, am the one with the complaints here!!!

Anyways have mailed Laxmi and co, lets see how far that helps.

-Adnan
N  11th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Laxmi, Ravishankar,

Thanks for getting my long-standing issue with IBSN, resolved to satisfaction.

I'm happy to note that the IBSN senior management is determined to deal with any issues that bring IBSN CUstomer services to disrepute.

As an earnest feedback, i feel the management needs to identify and fill gaps within the Customer Service Process (there are quite a few of them), . WIsh that the entire team (lower/middle management especially) were as determined the top brass is.

THank you once again for restoring my peace of mind.

WIsh you all the very best for your endeavors.

Regards,
Subramanian
N  11th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Adnan,

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to resolve the issue that you had with us. I received a confirmation from Ravishankar that he spoke to you and resolved this matter.

A  12th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Please add me in list of victims of false promises of IBSN. I lost the count to the number of times I have called and emailed IBSN to get the credit of fee changed towards guarnteed refund. Than money, now its more of an embarrasement when everytime you call, a new associate talk to you and eventually hang up the phone on you with ignorance. It appears that anyone in IBSN has never learnt replying to emails (count in 17 till date), including Mr. Laxmi Palaypu whom I copied twice. Not sure what pride does he or anyone working in IBSN gets, defending the malpractices to mint few bucks. Well, $400 per victim may definitely add up to a big treasure & secure a place in hell for these guys... God Bless!
A  12th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have also faced the same issue.
The calculations are totally erroneus, I f I can find out mistakes why can't IBSN "specialised" people do it. To charge extra these guys play tricks like - adding an extra state, the prepartion charges for the same kind of tax return varied between 3 people in the same company.
There is NO method to contact these guys NONE of the numbers mentioned on the site work. The file is with 10 people and everyone calls up 10 times and provide various "discounts" . One person from Hyderabad says - " OK - I will do it for 220$ - that is the last price, do you have any price in your mind !!!"
Disgusting - that is what I can call .
Ultimately they were REMOVED from the recommended list of a VERY BIG INDIAN IT COMPANY. Which was no surprise.
So Guys - stay away from this company
Dear IBSN Client,

Apologies for the delayed response. Request you to kindly provide us with the following details for the credit of excess fee paid.

Your Client Id/File No.
Your email id with which you have registered with IBSN.

Kindly mail the above details to Mr.Ravishankar at ravishankar.vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com.

We thank you for your patience.
Laxmi,

I dont think we can consider the matter resolved until the finances have come to their expected places now!
I still havent recieved the fees refund, plus my state returns have also not been credited till date. I got a mail from Ravishankar saying that he would cross check with the state about my state returns. However It would be better if there is some answer on the fees refund.

Regards,
Adnan
N  12th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Dear Subramanian,

Thanks for the courteous mail - I am hoping it will definitely help others that we are serious in resolving issues that any client might have faced.

I thank you stating that your message should definitely be placing positive hopes in many.

I thank all of those who have taken patience and chose to put their messages to the contact addresses given in my previous responses on the board. Subramanian, courageously I can declare, all of them are attended almost instantaneously as we received their escalations.

I request all others to kindly feel my pain. I definitely know, without frustration one would not take pains to put a message on the board. And knowing this need, I have personally taken charge to address resolutiosn and messages as they come. We are not leaving any message without closing it to the client satisfaction and we would not. But, please note, this company is built with lot of vision, with my personal experience in the tax filed for over 23 years. The knwledge levels in this company are not as ill spoken. With the same income two different taxpayers would have two different tax conditions for receiving two different tax summaries. Similarly there might be situations, if the same file is prepared by two different tax preparers then two different refunds might exist. This doesnt mean that our practicing ethics go to dogs. Similarly we have no reason to add states and get enriched, unless there exists a situation for the taxpayer - sometimes, employers do not add a state, typical example - people living in NJ and working at NY and employer issuing W2 for just one state. As a planner, it becomes imperative for us to guide the client what he/she is required to file. Stating this, I do not also rule out, any stray incidents of state inclusion but these should be when previous year data is carried forward to the current year tax file - that too very insignificantly.

Also, I wish to note to everyone that a planner is always different from an online service provider. Being tax planner, it seriously takes sometime for us to plan, prepare and file areturn. We cannot just take one's papers, prepare and file.. Nor there is a reason for us put any fictitous figures in the documents. As this opportunity has come, I wish to advise all that we put Standard Allowances / Actual Rates as allowed by IRS wherever desired, as it benefits a taxpayer. We advise a client to put in IRA Deduction and the amount of effort we put in to publish this document may benefit us very meagerly but I have the satisfaction that it merits to benefit the entire Alien Community working here in the US with a foreign country as homeland. It is NOT defrauding or a CRIME to guide a Tax Client to Plan Efficiently upon a tax return.

Staff Response - I definitely know this has been a major challenge for the company and we are breaking our nuts to get the solution for this. One such such solution we thought is to plan ahead for a client well before Dec 31 of every year and avoid the seasonality in our business - It is not just for IBSN but for any planner to complete such a volume that we have to plan, prepare and process returns in 60 days time (Feb 1 - April 15).

For the person who has noted about withdrawal of recommendation by an IT major, one may kindly note that about 6, 000+ clients filed their tax returns through IBSN just in TY2008, 3, 500 of them after reading through the note. Also, please note - we have companies that extended our contract into serving their employees in UK, India and Australia.

Dear All - We are growing company facing challenging situations. We are not a company with billion dollar revenues as your employers are - We have put tax practicing at corporate level. No company grows big in a day - Many companies are born from their garages.. We are definitely NOT SMALL but NOT so big either...as your Majors. But we will be soon...in a 5 - 10 year horizon. No company including Reliance or Infosys or TATAs or for that matter any business is not grown without challenges. Fortunately we are learning, and we learnt most of these challenges pretty early and We are boldly putting resurrection steps. My presence in midst of custromer frustration, receiving so much of admonishment, itself should speak to many kind hearts that we may be offered a final chance to resolve.

I request all again to be considerate and offer us an opportunity to resolve. I am directly involved. However, as I travel globally in US, UK, India and Australia - Give me sometime to respond. To not to skip the line, I have given three other email ids where an escalation could be posted. They are my trusted senior hands and Please, please, try us as final chance to check if that resolution could from our end. If not then we desere being complained.

It is loud and clear for me that CUSTOMER CARE is the most important aspect to increase the value of my holdings. I promise my personal attention with the team that I have chosen to address any escalation.

For everyone's attention, Please write to: Laxmi.Palaypu@ibsnus.com / Ravishankar.Vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com / Nandakumar.Kannavaradharaj@ibsnus.com

Also follow the same email address with an additional CC to Tony.Wehrle@ibsnus.com.

If the escalation is not attended within 48-72 hours, even I dont deserve being the Founding Member of this revered Knowledge Process Company.

Refund of Fees - I wish to bring to everyone's attention that we are governed by E&O Insurance Policies and it takes time for us reverse the fees... But this does not mean that couple of 400s we have added to get enriched. I would be very thankful, if any person is aggrieved and waiting for a fee reversal from us, to put their file number and brief case history, and I will check that our accounts department initiates fee reversal within 48-72 hours (working days). If the delay is not intentional but procedural but if a small count of thse would curse us visit Hell, then I do not how much blessing IBSN received from so many other clients who have benefited from its planning and research effort to benefit the consulting community as a whole. It is definitely NOT our crime to dig, research, plan and benefit a taxpayer client and in that effort earn some meagre amount as fees (which is far far lower than the rate published by IRS in its 1040 Instructions Manual).

Sincerely thanking everyone for their patience, I would be very obliged to see few mails like Subramanian did which will definitely given ounces of oxygen to survive and serve all back with more vigor and energy.

(309) 749 7181

"If you have vision and the courage to achieve, you will walk over any challenge or criticism with solid conviction. Just be truthful and honest in your approach and integrity".
Dear Adnan -

Reversal Amount: It would have been your extreme gesture upon us had you waited for 2/3 days to see credit of reversal in your account. I believe, Ravishankar did immediately put the reversal Bank Confirmation Code to your attention as soon as the escalation was brought to his attention. Having confirmed the payment with a code, the remittance is in bank transit but not in our account anymore.

State Pending Matter: I believe, Ravishankar informed you that your e-filing was accepted by the state on 25th and he would contact the state for the delayed deposit resason of which is not specified the state itself. Further, being a standard case, we dont even need to assume things that IBSN did something fishy...

As tax matters are personal and confidential, I request you to communicate to me on my E-mail ID and if there is deepened grievance, attempt a complaint on the messages board. Thanking you for your understanding and forbearance upon this matter,

Dear Dhananjay -

Part of your complaint, I responded in my previous notes that followed your escalation.

But, I would also like to admonish those at my office who are derailing this company's reputatoin with their whimsical practicing approach, especially the "Discount on Fees" and on tax summaries.

I know there might be little variations in the tax conditions that might have made them change summaries, but would like to sure investigate upon this subject very indepth to offer a correction process to this company, in these staff layers, if immediately needed.

On fees discount, It may be that they have recoursed to this extreme for converting a client to completion especially after having put some effort on the file but in practicing procedures, we do not tolerate more than a set defined dollar leverage for these receivable executives, especially we being in the Knowledge Process Industry as it takes so much effort or infrastructure and effort to earn a feeble (please note we are not a technology development company to earn revenue in millions or hour to hour) amount as fees. But still, Tax Practice is carried with lot of dignity and Pride and it is not like any Perishable Market to call for offers and counter offers.

I request you to kindly put me details of the names of the staff members that offered you multiple summaries for same tax condition (without variation as to the job condition or exp details) and multiple discount cards, final price and counter offer request. Seriously I would like to zeal out the dust that these people are creeping upon the stem of the company that has deep rooted vision and conviction to achieve.

Thanking you,

A  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Laxmi,

I am not sure...whether you are male or female??!!!

!@#$%^&*(%^&@#$%^

Above symbols represent my frustration!!! you can take "n" number of abusing words from that!!!

I approcahed IBSN in the first week of Feb...and for various stupid reasons so far my state tax is not submitted.

There is no meaning for "escalation" at your website.

Your company is totally unprofessional.

Initially I approached your company because it is an Indian one. I will never ever commit same mistake. I am an employee of a company has around 40000 employees. I am planning to complain to my corporate to educate all employees in this regard.

Heavy loading is not an exeption!!! If it is really true I will try my bit to reduce your load!!!

!@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*()...go to hell
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just not I had a phone call with Munish Garg, Extn 3540 IBSN. I called him 3 times to get in line. It was regarding the escalation I have raised.

my 1099 is not considered by them when preapring tax, and those poeple do not know what is a 1099. They were asking me again and again wheather it was my income in India. (They do not know what 1099 is)

After I made payment (59.98 $) for their service charge, when I looked on the pdf, I understood that they did not considered my 1099, while preparing tax.

Now, I have requested for refund of the amount I paid, Munish Garg refused. Now I have to fight them (or file law suit / dispute to get it back)

Today I went to another CPA in texas and filed my tax. He took only 1 hr to finish everything.

If anyone want to verify this is a real issue, please email me : josebenson@yahoo.com

So, if you do not want to waiste your time and money, please do not use them. In USA you have enought stress.. do you want more ????????????
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Venkat -

As I told you, definitely I have couple of others who bless me to go to heaven. However, my attempt here is to not visit this place but take the consent of all others who curse me (I mean IBSN).

As I have represented, in my notes (if my message is readable and understandable), I have taken this courageous step to be in this message bold, Not just to receive curses (which is on account of the challenging attitude of some that is disreputing this company's intrinsic value), but to resolve the issues with utmost patience, keep the tax profession in its utmost dignity and respect.

I am just the equal gender as God has offered you to survive on this earth, and probably very senior to your age. I have not put a message but appealed to write to me directly (and CC that to two other members I have chosen) to address any escalation that is on cards before putting message on this board.

Correction is biggest measure towards positive growth. If I am sending this message that I am ready to correct the length and breadth of my organization, the effort of it would pave results for me and IBSN and the same cursing mind may bless for the effort we are trying to put.

I sincerely wish and request you to put a brief note on the file and the situation that lead to this frustration, I promise my associates who are enlisted (ravishankar.vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com / nandakumar.kannavaradharaj@ibsnus.com) would ensure satisfactory closure. You always have access to comeback here and complain if the progress is not to your satisfaction.

I am not sure, whether it was appropriate for you to put unknown language (symbols) not knowing whether I am a female or not, but I would not comment on those with the maturity gained at least on account of my age.

In the ### end of the season, I just wish to be the Ombudsman between the Taxpayer and the Company STAFF and resolve any escalation that comes on board. I request you to kindly take this message from me and try an attempt to check if we are truly meaning this.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree