IberoStar / the club

1 Florida, Mexico Review updated:

Stayed at Cancun resort. December 3-10 2016.Last day did club sales. High pressure, almost missed flight. Was told by BOTH salesmen 50% off and come back here. I said i wanted the exact room, same week, was told no problem. Signed for $10, 000. Charged $2500 balance in payments.
Now March, looked into booking room... My level of club ( light blue) not eligible for ANY discount at cancun. Only Premium... Not Premium Gold.
Also, any discounts to other resorts are 25% off THEIR rack rates. Not %50.
I did not assume any of these numbers. I asked for a direct example. Was shown 120/120 for me and wife, add 90 for upgrade to villa. Saw him write it down. They showed me and the Mrs. We agree we saw the same thing. Condescending #####s on phone say " Well, if its not in your contract, it doesn't exist."... Talked to lawyer, was told high pressure tactics, bait and switch, and sighning under duress are all reasons to void contract.
Filed with BBB, Also filing with PROFECO. Mexican tourist assistance board.
Filing with Nh consumer fraud department on Monday.
Anyone wishing to help by sending similar story, please contact me.
Face book group is iberostarthe club issues.
Kris Heikkila
Kheikkila@myfairpoint.net

Kr
Apr 2, 2017

Comments

• Ge
      28th of Jul, 2017

We went to the sales pitch at Iberostar in Rose hall Jamaica. After a 3 hour high pressure sales pitch, we signed up for the club. Nothing is as promised. I have not been able to access their website since paying $2500 down payment. Nothing includes airfare as promised. My credit card was supposed to be used for automatic payments. They made a mistake somehow and put down that I would pay with deductions from my bank account. Instead of contacting me, they instantly put me in collections after they did not receive their first payment. I told the collection agency there was a mistake. They refused to listen and continued to call me at work, embarrassing me in front of my employees. I told them to not call me at work, but they continued to call, One day the owner of the company was there, and I was reprimanded for getting personal calls at work. They are putting my job in danger! I called 3 different numbers and was transferred a 6 times before finally being able to talk to a representative. The representative admitted that it was their mistake. I asked for them to send me in writing admitting their mistake. I also wanted in writing that their collection agency would admit that I never should have been put in collections. i haven't received any letters. I just continue to get harassing phone while at work every single day. I regret ever signing up with them. They are fraudulent and are trying to destroy the credit I have worked so hard to build. avoid Iberostar the Club. Do not sign up for this scam.

• Cr
      9th of Jan, 2018

I am going through a similar situation. Lots of promises broken identical to your issue. So far I'm being told that they have done nothing wrong and If I fail to continue to pay they will not refund my money. As of now we attempted to do an exact duplicate of the vacation we took last year and it has proven to be just as expensive, No airfare included, no transportation included and the all inclusive price was almost exactly the same as last year which we purchased for just over 4200 dollars airfare included and transportations. Now, were are told just the hotel would be 3600 dollars and we would have to provide our own transportation by ground and Air. Over 5K for the same trip we booked without this club membership. SCAM!!!

• Gs
      12th of Mar, 2018

I am done with Iberostar for the same reason. If I want to be treated like I am at a used car lot, I will go to one. The so-called "Club" is basically a high-pressure scam that wastes your precious vacation time and never delivers on their promises. They have lost a loyal customer of 20 years but the management at Paraiso Maya didn't seem to care. Their management team would be fired at any place that I ever worked at.

10th of Aug, 2018

I got a call from master international company based in New York, stating there are interested in buying my iberostar The Club Membership . Has anyone received a call from this company?

• Mi
      4th of Sep, 2018

@ryansel I also received a call from them and they're now asking me to sign and return a letter of intent. Seems legit but I'm skeptical. They wish to sell my Iberostar Silver membership from 1.5x what I paid for it 2 years ago.

11th of Sep, 2018

@Mike Books I also received a call from them but I would not give them any info other that I am a black member. Has anyone ever gone through with a sale?

• Ib
      8th of Oct, 2018

@ryansel I got a call from a company, Master something, I think from NY. They offered to buy the membership, they wanted some information.. I didn't provide any.. they were too pushy so I told them not to call me again.

• De
      23rd of Oct, 2018

@Chargar Yes we did please read the bottom and contact us

• De
      23rd of Oct, 2018

We have all the same lies and then the offer to sell and iberostar won’t do anything

Please email us at manchester@cogeco.ca
    We have the exact same and looking to get a class action law suit started as we have been fighting with them since day one our sales person simear lies to us about everything and stole from us 27, 000 usd
    We have seen postings all over the internet of the same actions and let’s see if we can get others together and pressure them to do something.

2nd of Nov, 2018

We are trying to work with a company wanting to purchase our IBEROSTAR membership. Seems legitimate so far. Am I in for a surprise?

• Un
      6th of Nov, 2018

I have been an Iberostar club blue level member since 2015. On a recent vacation to The Iberostar Rose hall beach (August 11-August 17 2018) in Jamaica my wife and I were approached by the club sales staff to consider upgrading our membership with the full understanding that if for any reason within the 5 business days from signing the contract (August 16th 2018) we decided not proceed, we will receive a refund of the deposit of $2800 we paid and will stay at our previous membership level. This was stated specifically by the club manager Mr. Thomas. On arriving home, I sent a letter to the club customer service on August 18 2018 stating that we are no longer going to proceed with the gold membership and will stay with our blue membership which has been been fully paid for since 2017. However instead of honoring our request your staff at the club office offered us an alternative membership, which we again declined. I contacted the club manager in Jamaica who sold us the upgrade and he reassured on numerous occasions that I will receive my refund. He even followed up with text messages that he had confirmed that my refund is being processed. However, as of the time of this complaint I am yet to receive a refund for my $2800. Instead they customer service stated they will only downgrade us to a blue membership for a high price meaning we don't get our refund.
    If anyone is starting a class action lawsuit, I am ready to participate. My email address is unyime@gmail.com

• Bo
      30th of Nov, 2018

You should consider contacting publicrelations@iberostartheclub.com

7th of Dec, 2018

Any one try and go on the site? i keep getting this message since yesterday, Pic attached. On my mobile phone i can assess the site, but i can't log in . I get a message wrong info, but my user name and password is defiantly correct.

7th of Dec, 2018

ok site is up and running. I believe there where updating the site.