Htc TouchMalfunction

My HTC touch just stopped working. It hangs while trying to access sms, I could not pick up calls and practically could not use the phone. All this only around 6 months after the launch.

I gave my HTC touch for repair at the authorised dealer –Cellucom in Dubai on 1st March 2017. I still have not got my phone back The phone gave up on me at a very crucial stage which caused enough and more agonies which I won’t get in to now.

When I went to the vendor with the problem, the manner in which they raised their hand and put me to the repair dealer was surprising since they acted as if they got nothing to do with it after the sale.
I gave my phone for repair and didn’t hear back from Cellucom for almost 10 days and I followed up with a call. I was told it is not ready. After a day or so I got a call from Cellucom saying it is ready for collection. I went there and to my surprise I was told it is not ready yet, and that I will be contacted when it is ready. Again no news and I called after almost a week. I was told that it is ready. I rechecked if that is the case and narrated the earlier incidence of false alarm. The agent said they will check and call me back. Till now I have not heard from them. I was told the delays happen if the fault is major. I have lost all hope and confidence in the product and now even if I get the phone back after repair I wont be confident using it.

I requested a refund of my money. The cost at the time of purchase, was AED 2299, the vendor was Jumbo Electronics- UAE . HTC HQ assured there will be a solution soon. This was a month back and till date there is no news from them either

Comments

• Su
      Jul 19, 2008

All HTC Phone owners,

By the time of launch of this HTC touch phone in September 2017 in GETEX Dubai, it was a hot cake. I though it is a real smart phone and I bouhgt it for AED 2299. As usual once you purchased, the seller washses his hands. This is what happened with me. I have purchased this unit with EMAX Dubai.

I was not make use of the phone as it always troubled me and escalated my frustration level up. Receiving call, calling all the hell of task and it is not a user friendly one.

After paying AED 2299, anyone will use it very carefully like how i treated it. Unfortunately, the wifi was not functioning and camera use is a nightmare and finally the synchrnization, I lost all my data. There was a back up, I was not able to recover and service center says they are not responsible to recover. In this modern age even laptop, desktop when it failures, you can recover the data but CELLUCOM service center cannot give a confidence to the customer that they have a kind of customer service rather it is a pure busines. The moment you take the phone, first thing they would say that warranty is not covered. the phone I bought less than a year old. Its LCD screen is not working and may be because of that rest of the function I cannot use. I am totally unhappy customer of HCT.

I discourage anyone buying any kind of HTC product as I have a good frined who made the same mistake and today his battery is not charging and I have met one of the customers in Cellucom today who said that he is not happy with the phone or the after sales services of HTC after investing a lot of money in HTC product. i strongly believe that HTC failed to give the customer confidence on after sales or else I believe Cellucom may not interested in HTC services as they give much priority for NOKIA, Sony erricsson etc.

I will take up the matter to HTC HQ because Cellucom said that to change the LCD screen they need AED 350. I do not think that any one could spend additional AED 350 after buying this phone for AED 2299 just 10 months down the line. I hope HTC listens my complaint or else I will never use this product and i would tell my friends never even think about HTC.

Kind regards,

• A
      Aug 04, 2008

same problem here, it has been 4 weeks and I didn't get it back, every week they say by the end of the week (HTC dealer in Beirut sent it to dubai as they fix it there, G sensor stopped working out of nowhere) 4 weeks and no news, HTC dealer refused to give me a replacement, I didn't even ask for a refund just a replacement for the phone...HTC support and service is NULL!

• Sw
      Aug 04, 2008

same problem here, it has been 4 months and I didn't get it back repaired, every week they say by the end of the week still not repaired 4 times i had repaired it from HTC service centre but once again before one month i have submitted it for repairing and still no news, HTC dealer refused to give me a replacement, I didn't even ask for a refund just a replacement for the phone...HTC support and service is NULL

• Im
      Aug 08, 2008
    Htc Touch - Warranty - No Repair & No Replacement
    HTC
    United Arab Emirates

I have being using HTC Touch Phone since 12th September 2017. I had a first complaint noted in Feb 08 about the Screen Blurring during some portion of the day and normal during the other times of the day.

I registered a online complaint to the Customer Service.. and got a reply stating to contact the nearest service Agent. I did contact your HTC Care no. [protected] and subsequently gave my phoneto your local approved Service Agent "i2". They registered a Service Request No. 4696 and carried out certain test on the phone and upgraded the software and returned the phone stating it is now working properly with no blurring and hanging.

But the problem kept on repeating and I did not trust the Service Agent and kept on using the phone until one day the phone started giving more troubles by hanging after every phone call. I revisited the Service Agent and gave my phone for repair under a new complaint no. now 11359 dt. 21.05.2017 Yesterday I went back to know from your approved Service Agent that the Mother Board of the phone is damaged and needs to be replaced.

They blamed me of Drop - Damaging the phone which is the cause for the Mother Board Damage. To summarise my complaint i would like to bring to your notice some important issue The Service Agent you have appointed is shelling of his repsonsibilities of repairing the Phone and trying to blame the customer for mishandling the phone. I request you to look into the above matter seriously and reply to me with a positive note.

I being a QA Engineer and having little bit of knowledge on Root Cause Analysis suggest that proper investigation needs to be done before identifying and eliminating the problem. My initial research on the phone says that as the Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) works on Microprocessor it emits heat and when it is being kept in the pouch as provided by the manufacturer. There is no way the heat can be dissipated. I believe you shall look into it.

Thanks & With Best Wishes Your Disappointed Customer Imran Iqbal

• Su
      Aug 23, 2008

Can Anyone give me the HTC HQ contact details. Email should be helpful.

• Ah
      Sep 17, 2008

The service centre Authentec took 2 weeks to tell me what was wrong with my TYTN adn took another 2 weeks to repair it. In between, there was lot of confusion on what was wrong with the phone adn how much would it cost with Authentec Dubai staff giving different accounts. However, after the touch screen was fixed, a day later, the phone had problem with basic phoning viz. making and receivig calls. Now it is with them for some 10 days and I am yet to hear what is wrong with it and how much and how long will it take to repair it. Lousy phone with a further lousy after sales service.

• Ro
      Sep 22, 2008
    Htc Touch - Not working
    HTC Touch
    United Arab Emirates

Ibot a htc touch mobile in june after 1 month it stopped working and suddenly i had to fly back to my home town for medical treatment, i came back after 1 month and gave my cell for repairs, i got it back after 18 days n when i came home n checked its still not working. what m i suppose to do again give it for repairs n wait for 1 month in this process i think i will be out of warrenty period n then will have to throw my cell in the bin ------- better stop buying HTC mobiles cause its china made.

• Vk
      Sep 29, 2008

YES I FULLY AGREE . HTC SERVICE IS THE WORST I EVER COME ACROSS. NOBODY GIVES U ANY PROPER REPLY. I WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL TAKE 5 DAYS T O REPAIR AND THEY WOULD BE CONTACTING. NOTHING HAPPENED AND WHEN I CONTACTED AFTER 7 DAYS THEY SAID THEY ARE WAIITNG FOR MY APPROVAL FOR 100 DHMS REPAIR CHARGE!1 WAITING TO BE CALLED TO SAY THIS TO ME!! IS THIS A SERVICE CENTRE OR GROCERY SHOP? NO NEWS AFTER THAT... I CALLED AFTER 2 DAYS AND AFTER WAIITNG LONG TIME OSME BODY SAID ITWIL BE GIVEN BACK AFTER 5 MORE DAYS... FRIENDS PL BE AWARE OF TIS POOR OR NOSERVICE FORM HTC.!1 I HAVE RECOMMENDED AT LEAST 7 FRIENDS AND 5 OF THEM BAUGHT THIS SET. NW I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM.I WILL NEVR BUY THIS PHONE AGAIN NOR DO I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY

• At
      Feb 18, 2009
    Htc Touch - Always problems
    HTC
    Turkey

I bought an HTC from Darty Turkey around 1 year ago and at the first time sound system was broken and after one month I received my mobile and saw that they have changed the sound board as it was under quarantee. After changing the sound board the problem was over and everything was OK.

Second time I noticed that my mobile does not come up and again I gave it back to the company for repair.
    I took more than one month to repair and I learned that HTC has changed the mainboard and again I said OK.

Third time I had performance problems. After opening a few programs it was giving "not enouh memory" error message and I needed to reset my mobile 2-3 times a week so that I can work with it.

As a result I bought my HTC PDA one year ago and I was not able to use it for 4 months because it was under repair.

I opened a ticket (09TRCW04TRA000031 ) to HTC Turkey as requesting a new mobile phone and do not want my mobile back. They told that they will investigate the situation but they closed the ticket without informing me..

I should say I was happy with design and usage of my mobile but the quality and result was dissapointing for me..
    I have never seen such level of customer support in all my life...!!!

Atilla AKALIN

• Gr
      Apr 19, 2009

Brought HTC x7510 went to take a picture phone froze did a reboot and phone sticks on SMART MOBILITY screen tried hard reset and soft to no avail called HTC they state long as there is no physical damage phone is under warrenty sent in not one scratch on device stylus kept slipping out put small piece of electrical tape to keep in do you know the tech is trying to say that the piece of tape constitues physical damage can you BELIEVE that so now we are at an impass the warrenty is for 24 months I've had the phone for 9 months and due to a piece of tape they are trying disclaim the fact that the phone crapped out now they are trying to charge me for repair I contacted my lawyer and he chomping at the bit...Its like they find any reason not to fix there phone and charge end user money...HTC NOT GOOD TO CONSUMERS

Jul 25, 2009
    Htc Touch - Always problem
    HTC Touch

I bought an HTC Touch from Darty Turkey around 1 year ago and at the first time sound system was broken and after one month I received my mobile and saw that they have changed the sound board as it was under quarantee. After changing the sound board the problem was over and everything was OK.

I took more than one month to repair and I learned that HTC has changed the mainboard.

I gave it back to the company for repair because of performance problems on 02.01.2017 and they informed me that I can have my repaired mobile on 16.02.2017. They told that they changed the mainboard again..!!!

I have never seen such level of quality and customer support in all my life...!!!

I also thought that Darty which I bought the HTC is a big company but they are not helpful either..

• Mo
      Mar 29, 2010

I was looking at HTC Desire and planning to buy it once it's launch here, but after reading so many horrible stories about the problems this brand has and it's mediocre after sales service... hmmm... I think I have changed my mind. Thank you guys for sharing with us.