[Resolved] HotDog Patient Warming System (Augustine Temperature Management)hot dog warming system

We spent over $10, 000 and purchased two patient warming systems from HotDog. The salesman was VERY pushy and at some point we gave in and bought them thinking that we would have them for many years.

Today, 3 years later, I get a call from a woman at HogDog saying that it was a courtesy call to let us know that we are WAY past due replacing our "reposable part" What are reposable parts, I asked! She said "oh, at 2 years the blankets expire and you have to replace them and you don't the alarm will go off suddenly do you? It could be a hazard to your patient.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Eden Prairie, MNYou can replace the parts for only $5000.
I almost fell to the ground! WHAT????$5000! That is 50% of what i paid for it! How come no one told us about this? I would have NEVER bought this! It doesn't make financial sense! She just very calmly kept repeating...they are expired and you have to replace them and you don't want the alarm to go off now do you?"
Bottom line, do not buy from this company. They are dishonest and they NEVER disclosed the fact that we had to replace parts! BEWARE!!!
I can't wait to find out what else they did not tell us...

• Resolution Statement

• Before addressing your concern, I want to reinforce the fact that your facility has provided the best clinical warming option for your patients. Maintaining normothermia during surgery has one of the biggest impacts on surgical outcomes including reduced surgical site infection, lower blood loss, and fewer adverse cardiac events. Investing in the HOTDOG® Patient Warming System was a great decision for patient care and for patient comfort at your clinic!

The proprietary polymer fabric that provides the safe & effective heating inside HotDog blankets and mattresses increases in resistance over time, which results in its finite life expectancy. These products have a 30-month expiry. Here are links to the IFUs on our website where that is highlighted in Care and Maintenance http://hotdogwarming.com/wp-content/uploads/2064EN.pdf and http://hotdogwarming.com/wp-content/uploads/1718EN.pdf

Your facility bought the HD system in in January 2013. Over 4 years of use for two warming systems results in an average cost of less than $5 per surgery day per system for the benefits of patient normothermia. Because the controllers are already paid for, the cost of replacing the warming components for the next 30 months would be less than $3.75 per system per day. That is extraordinary value for a medical device.

We apologize that this wasn't communicated effectively upon the initial sale. As a courtesy, we will replace your warming components at a discount if you contact Customer Service here http://hotdogwarming.com/contact/ and reference this conversation.

Thank you again for choosing HOTDOG Patient Warming and I hope we can continue to help you provide exceptional patient care!

Be