Hoover Kennels Pampered Pets / Defective puppy

May 8, 2015
Hoover Kennels
I bought a Aussie Doodle from Hoover Kennels. I had communicated with Lori for 6 weeks. I drove 5 hours to pick up the puppy, Puppy appeared healthy and beautiful. Lori read the vet information to me. I asked was their ant health concerns about the puppy she said no. The puppy was a fur ball. I picked her and then let her walk around. After talking to Lori< I left to begin a 5 hour drive home. About 2 hours later I decided to make a stop for the puppy. I picked her and noticed something wrong, she had a small umbilical hernia. I immediately called Lori and asked why I wasn't informed of this birth defect. She staed that it was in the vet's report, that she read to me but left out that detail. How can she sell me a defective puppy without informing me of this detail? Now I have an added expense of xrays to determine the extent of the hernis and then spayed the female. I am so stupid to trust this woman.

N  31st of Dec, 2015 by
A hernia is so not a big deal and it doesn't make the dog "defective." I don't know this breeder and I personally am against Doodle breeding to begin with, but it's nuts to speak poorly about this breeder because of a hernia. And if your vet is telling you to get x-rays of the dog because of a small hernia, you are being ripped off and need to find a new vet.
N  6th of Aug, 2017 by
Hoover Kennels is not a kennel or a breeder. All dogs come from the Amish community puppy mills. Buyer Beware.