Honey Creek Nurseries / dead plants badly shipped bad customer service

1 Bloomington IL, United States

e next week, in hot weather, in a plastic bag, in flimsy plastic bottle material, smashed and dead, some rotten, and were tiny and weak before they shipped. The specimen tree was a stick with its lead cut off. I planted and watered everything that looked like it had a chance, and repeatedly tried to call the company; they don't answer their phone. I finally found an email and wrote them; they said that to get my money back I had to return all the plants with the original shipping label within 14 days -- and it was now day 12! I immediately mailed back everything I could find (that wasn't rotted away or unidentifiable fragments), with the shipping label, except for the 10 that looked to be recovering, and the specimen tree, whose bark looked faintly green, but no buds have yet sprouted and it is now mid-June. I just received a letter saying that they couldn't identify the plants, and needed to know which plants they were -- and no wonder, since I couldn't tell what they were without the labels when they arrived -- in order to send replacements!! They have obviously no intention of ever refunding. Of course I should have read their policies before ordering, but if I had suspected that I would need to, I wouldn't have ordered from them in the first place! Plants I have ordered from other nurseries have arrived in wonderful shape in good protection. I have emailed them back a list of the only remaining plants alive; they have my shipping label and should be able to do the subtraction. The bottom line is that they have very poor quality plant material and do not care about protecting them during shipping, and obviously don't care about customers. Huge waste of money.

Jo