Honey Creek Nurseries / Customer service does not work

1 Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:

On March 17 2008 I ordered plants from Honeycreek Nurseries. By now I did not get my order #[protected] . Customer service does not work, nobody picks the phone, not possible to send e-mail. Please help.

Order Number [protected]

Total Due $24.44

Eleanor Polonsky [protected]

Va

More Honey Creek Nurseries Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Le
      13th of Jun, 2008

I ordered a number of items from their catalog to add to my 3/4 acre of perennial plants. Upon receipt, I planted all the stock in individual containers and placed them in my greenhouse. Everything grew except the monarda and the strawberry candy daylily (the crown had been cut off prior to shipment).
    I wrote the company, including a photocopy of the address label, and asked for replacements. The stock in question only cost $5.10. They wrote back asking for the original shipping label which I had discarded by this time.
    I called them to ask if I had any other recourse and they started telling me what "I needed to do next". I feel they should have gone ahead at this point and issued me a replacement or credit.
    I have no intention of "doing" anything more other than:
    1) Never ordering any nursery stock from this company or any other Burgess-related company.
    2) Seeing if I can make a claim through my credit card company.
    I feel that they need to better train their customer service staff to provice service rather than barriers and negative feelings.

• Jk
      6th of Apr, 2011

i ordered 3 plants last summer . my customer number pkg id is 126798567. 2 of them didnt do well, so i mailed them back in the orginal package. they sent me a post card going to replace them in the spring. so i recieved 1 package 1 of 1 with the plant that did do well the mosquito geranm. So are you going to replace the 2 trees? I ordered the
    daisey tree. and the lemon/lime tree. They were so tiny. I hope maybe
    they can be alittle bit bigger. Since i didnt get to enjoy them last summer. I have 2 palm trees i brought back from out west doing great.

• Jc
      27th of May, 2015

I also ordered plants from them. Almost impossible to contact their customer service and then no response. Oder was received over a month ago. One time they said it would be shipped next week or the following week. This was over thee weeks ago. I tried to cancel my order but they said I would have to do it by mail. Now I learn the company is associated with Burgess so both are on my list of never to order from again. I will try to contact one more time and then send a registered letter of cancellation. I finally unloaded the mulch from my truck that was awaiting the plants I ordered. Next year I will throw away Burgess and Honey Creek materials.