HomEq Servicing / unfair practices

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I have used HomEQ “servicing” and have been put through hell!! Up until I recently has been the first time I was ever late with a payment for 2 years, then unfortunately was laid-off and have been catching up after being six months behind. In this time, I had been going back and forth with them trying to be approved for a loan mod. During the “back and forth” I was told to send in $1, 900 in order for them to open my account and view the files….they then, after taking the money of coarse, told me I was not approved for the loan mod. In the next breath they offered to re-open my loan mod files for an additional $1000. I send the money again nervously. Same thing. Now third times a charm…right?! Mind you, my money now gone, they approve the third time!!! I’m thinking yes finally!! Here’s what they did…. They said they’d approve my loan mod if I again sent money, (which hasn’t yet been applied to my actual mortgage) and get this: they said they would only approve if I signed a paper saying an additional $30, 000 was to be applied to my original mortgage total!! Then threatening me sated: it’s either sign the papers or loose the house. This should not be legal!! Now after taking care of my dying Grandmother in our home, I have no choice but to agree and sign. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Co

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Mar, 2009

I HAVE MADE MY MORTGAGE PAYMENT FOR YEARS ON THE 15TH OF EVERY MONTH 1.IT IS WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD WERE THERE IS NO LATE FEE 2. THATS WHEN MY BONUS PAY IS PAID TO ME MAKING IT VERY CONVIENENT FOR MY BUDGET BUT AS OF LATE IF YOU DO NOT PAY ON THE FIRST YOU GET VERY AGGRESSIVE BILL COLLECTORS CALLING YOU AT HOME & AT WORK! WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?IS THERE ANY RECOURSE ?

26th of May, 2009

Yes, you can demand that they stop calling you at work. You can also state to them that your mortgage is not past the grace period until after the 16th of the month, and they must wait until after that time to contact you, even at home.

• Ws
      20th of Oct, 2010

I lost my home and over $50, 000 worth of equity to homeq. I put all my savings and retirement into my home and still lost it to foreclosure thanks to homeq. Like you I lost my job and was not able to make the extragant payments they were requesting and continuing to go up. Two weeks before foreclosure Homeq gave me a call requesting $6, 000 more and they would modify my loan making my payments $1, 500 a month. They knew I did not have anymore money to give them because I had just given them $20, 000 the month before and requested a loan modification which was denied.

The only thing left for me to do was to move. I was another victum of homelessness in this United Stated of America.

11th of Feb, 2011

Cause it sounds to me that they are movin in for the kill that is to take ur home!!!

12th of Feb, 2011

Why did you leave? I woulda fought it!!! I'm not leaving my home cause they have taken 2 times $1500.00 and something from me supposedlt to get me a modification while all the time putting me into Forclosure which I got stopped! Only now I'm still goin thru the hassel of having to prove everything right down to sending them $15, 000.00 in a cashiers check! Anyways I'm sick of these companies and I'm not moving!!!

12th of Feb, 2011

I am so mad at these EVIL companies that I can't even type this I get so mad about it!!!