HomEq Servicing / my home

1 Flushing, MI, United States Review updated:

My loan was in an ARM at 12.5%. Homeq would do NOTHING to help resolve the problem. With the interest rates falling how can it still be that high especially when it said it couldn't go up if the rates were falling? I filed chapter 13 and they were still able to go from1384 to 1871. I began in chapter 13 going on 4 pmts. behind. I was in13 for 10 mths. and now Homeq says I am 10 mths. behind. I can't get a straight answer. I pulled out of bk because I couldn't afford 1871. Homeq said they'd modify my loan, sent in paper work just to be told nope, can't do it you didn't reaffirm your loan. They are scammers and no one will help.

Mp
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

17th of Nov, 2012

I refinanced my home in 1998 and at that time my credit was not good, so my mom had the loan put in her name. i had 15, 000.00 dollars worth of windows put in my home and my mom borrowed 28, 380.00 which she paid back . i have the receipt. then in 2010 homeq sent me a letter telling me that my loan was being taken over by wells fargo in October of 2010. i have a ballon payment due to wells fargo on september 2013 of 59, 000.00 dollars and i want to know how this is possible. i have only been with wells fargo 2 years i have been in this home 26 years and i am not behind on any payments, my interest rate is 8.65, my mortage is 583.12 monthly. with the economy the way it is my home only appraise for about 30, 000 dollars. what can i do i want my home, i only paid 57, 500 for it in 1986. i need help so i can keep my home. I owe more on it than its worth

• Sm
      10th of Sep, 2010

I have tried to work with HomeEq for almost a year now to get the Hamp program. They turned me down after about 8 months of sending paper work and calling every week. No one told me they would go out of busninessn I was trying again because I got a higher paying job. I want to save my home. I sent all of this important paper work with all of my personnel info on it and now where is it? I have not gotten a letter from them telling me where my loan went.
    Can someone help? Where do I go now? How do I find out what will happen to my loan? Who can we trust?
    Smokey Lynn
    smokeylynn98387@yahoo.com

• Re
      1st of Dec, 2009

Your Attorney needs to explain this to you. I'll agree HomEQ is not the easiest company to work with. The usually one of several comapnies that lenders choose to liquidate problem mortgages. They have been one of my clients.