Homeland Healthcare / lied about prescription

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I submitted my first prescription that was supposed to be $10.00 as my agent checked on all my scripts to make sure that my generics were still covered at $10.00. I had my prescription Morphine Sulphate 60 mg and now I find out that it's going to cost me $116.00 because I have a monthly maximum of $150.00 that I wasn't told about by my agent. She gauranteed me that this prescription would cost me only $10. I do not have that kind of money, now I can't find anything out until monday, and then I don't know if I will get that prescription, and I have been taking these for quite some time for severe chronic pain. I don't know what I will do or what could happen to me if I can't take it like i'm supposed to. Help!

Tr

Comments

• Lo
      1st of Aug, 2009
    Homeland Healthcare - sexual harrassment/ fraud/scam
    Homeland healthcare
    Richardson
    Texas
    homelandhealthcare.com

I registered on line for health insurance information. Michelle Mosser (or something like that) contacted me. I am a 27 year old female with allergies. I was interested in the plan for $109.00. She kept calling me baby and babe and I was very uncomfortable. I have nothing against lesbian's but she over stepped the line. The background noise was terrible. I overheard someone talking about selling good pain pills and they could make big bucks. This company is not professional and they need to fire these telemarketers. I ended up calling and speaking with a representative with AIM. I just can't work with drug selling con people. It is a shame because I was ready to purchase their plan that day.

• Ju
      5th of Sep, 2009

Oh gosh! I don't know who you are but you must be really insecure to react that way when someone is calling you a harmless name like babe. You need to lighten up!

I thought this company was great. It was nice to talk to someone sweet that actually cared how I felt. It makes the whole process seen less stressful!

• Me
      5th of Apr, 2010
    Homeland Healthcare - Scammed
    Homeland Healthcare
    Texas

Homeland is not a scam. Didnt any of you bother to read the website or the brochure. It clearly lists all payments for each of the plans. It is a "defined benefit" plan and not a "major medical" plan. It says this on the website. If you can read you wouldnt be making these absurd claims. Homeland has 10's of thousands of very happy customers...and I know about 50 of them

• Tx
      28th of Apr, 2010

Well I hope you enjoy AIM because they lost their insurance backing for the 3rd time in six months.

• Nu
      15th of Jun, 2010

I do not feel that attacking someones reading ability clearly defines an ajudication to these allegations. First off someone who knows Homeland Health knows their are thousands of companies that offer these plans and they are located in many different cities throughout the country just because one is bad does not mean they are all bad. Good luck to anyone who is having trouble finding a plan.

• Te
      26th of Oct, 2010
    Homeland Healthcare - insurance fraud
    Michigan
    Phone: 989/304/1263

i am on cobra which will be running out 12/30, and I have been looking. I was connected to homeland national care. I was told had to pay 90.00 to get things rolling, and that I could look over and cancell within 30 day with full refund. well I received over draft from my bank for 798.00 withdrawn. I am calling the tomorrow 10/26/10 and will not take no for an answer and I do have a lawyer and I think he can help me out.My cobra is 1300.00 per month for myself and husband. I cannot afford to give away 798.00. I cannot believe I was scammed as I worked in medical office and delt with insurances daily. The only thing I have received is a pharmacy card that says I can get up to 75%off...I certainly don't feel that this is worth 798.00

thanks,
    Deb

1st of Dec, 2010
    Homeland Healthcare - CORRECTION- ALMOST SCAMMED
    HOMELAND HEALTHCARE

I truly want to correct myselfrevise my comment on Homeland Healthcare... As I mentioned in my comment Markel, Homeland Healthcare, and America's Health Brokers all checked out to be legit in my extensive research. However, I came across many sites that have an abundant of complaints about them. These complaints range from misrepresentation, inability to cancel policy, refusal to refund funds, etc. My husband is retired and I am bedridden from a severe stroke. I am unable to get health coverage because of my pre=existing, can't qualify for Social Security Disability nor SSI, and we live on a fixed income. I can not afford to waste money! Enrollment fees are just that...it starts the process and non-refundable. As for being a scam, who really knows. I just don't want to be a victim.

Homeland Healthcare needs to learn that "Word of mouth" is the best advertising. Whether its 5 complaints or 200 complaints... sometimes 1 complaint is too much. Too many complaints can hurt them; maybe not tomorrow but in the future for sure. I do know these complaints have made my decision for me. Please do right by your consumers, and refund their money to them.