HomeComings Financial / Fraud and cheating

I contacted Homecomings 2 months ago to notify them that I needed to ask for a loan modification because I had recent living changes that caused me to get behind in my mortgage payments. Everytime I call the number I stay on the line for a long period of time sometimes over 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. I finally got someone on the line and asked for a supervisor. The woman was very rude and told me that she wasn't going to patch me through to anyone and hung up the phone. I then contacted them with Greenpath, a home saving company that is helping thousands of people save their homes from foreclosure. We sat on the phone for 2 hours with Homecomings and set up a payment plan. This entailed paying a payment for two months on a specific date and after that they will request a home modification to lower my payments. I made the payments on time and was told that they closed out my case and that I had 3 months worth of payments to make or they were going to foreclose on my home. I have been trying to contact someone for a week to get it straight. I finally got someone on saturday after they called me several times for payment just to find out that the cashier messed up the payment and that I would have to start the two payments all over again. I then yelled in the phone and someone said they were going to help me. I called again today and two women answered the phone several times and was rude telling me that she was going to put me on hold and was not going to come back to the phone. I have been trying to contact someone to straighten this mess out but no one will help me. I got a couple of days before my home is 120 in the hole and foreclosure begins and I have kept my end of the bargain but they have not.

Va

Comments

Je
  21st of Aug, 2007

After becoming ill and losing my job, I tried in vain to work something out with Homecomings to make my mortgage payments. After completing about 10 of their "workout packages" With no help in sight, I was visited by a representative from their Horshom, PA office. He came to my home with a real estate agent for the purpose of informing me of what my home was worth. In the end, after offering me $2000.00 for my home which is worth $200,000.00, I went into foreclosure. My home is to be sold on Sept. 11, 2007, in Phila., PA. To add insult to injury, I receive a call from Homecomings on Aug. 15, 2007, and the agent tells me that there are many programs i may qualify for and they may lower my interest rate and extend my term so we can keep our house. Since i have 4 children, they are very happy. On Aug. 21, I receive a call from Justin Anderson, #214-874-6559, from Homecomings, and he tells me that due to my disability from multiple sclerosis, the best they can do for me is a 30 year term with a monthly payment of $1379.00.

I collect $1099.00 a month in disability and I have four children ages 3 to 11. How could I ever afford that payment! It was just a set up. Thanks for the help, Justin and Homecomings!!! This company really sucks! They will throw anyone out on the street.

Mi
  14th of Sep, 2007
Homecomings Financial - Fraud and cheating!

This company has foreclose on my home after I set up payment plans to pay back payments during bankruptcy. Everytime we agree on a payment plan they never sent me a written document on where my monies was applied and how much i had to pay. Whenever I call I always talk to someone different and each time they have a different story. I know this company has fraudulently taken my home and I need someone to email me who has the same experience so we can have a lawyer look into this.

Ph
  21st of Sep, 2007

Please call me at 415-424-3819 or 707-399-8500

Ki
  14th of Nov, 2007

They are ridiculous. And by the looks of things this company is having financial problems due to the market. Now they are closing up offices. The way I look at it it is more beneficial for them to allow you to foreclose on your property than to help you out. Because some of us bought before that boom or even during the boom and got a good deal with them foreclosing on our properties they will end up ahead!!! I feel so sorry for your troubles this is something no one should have to go through.

Na
  10th of Dec, 2007

My husband was injured and we are struggling with the payment so I called to make arangements with them and what they could do to help me out and I got the same problem... I am lost too dont want to lose my home either...Help

Or
  11th of Jan, 2008

Home comings Financial, is doing the same thing to me with my mortage, comstanmtly raising the mortgage, stating the interest rate is getting higher, they refuse to remove my taxes from my payment. Without the taxes, I'd be paying four hundred a month, now they want 866 and two months ago I was paying 725.40. Each month my payment seems to be getting higher. They refuse to negotiate, and ask for vast down payments to keep my mortage up to par. I am not sure what I can do if anyone knows, please email me at eimm36@yahoo.com. They have been a nightmare and refuse to allow me to refinance to lower the payment. I did not obtain a mortgage with them, it was bought by them and I am now stuck with them. All of my other bills are going without becasue they are raping my pockets.

Ju
  21st of Feb, 2008

This sounds like the status quo for Homecomings Financial. I have over 20 years experience in the real estate industry in California as an Escrow Officer and past experience as a realtor and Mortgage Loan Officer.

You would think that I would not be in this particular situation but I have done everything possible to provide Homecomings with the documention, information, good faith payments, and desire to keep my home. It would be a smarter financial business decision to walk away from the property as many others have. However, This is MY HOME.

I want to do what is right and pay the entire principal amount but the lender Homecomings seems more interested in me doing a short sale than help me with a modification of the interest rate of 2 yrs. ]

I would love to hear from anyone regarding their experience with this "poser" customer service orinantated corporation. I feel like I have exhausted all my ideas of finding a solution to this mess.

Mi
  26th of Jan, 2009

Homecomings Financial is not doing what they said they would. Jeremiah Hobbs is pushing our potential buyers to a breaking point by requesting the same info over and over again. Not only has our REA sent the same info from 3 to 5 times, we have sent the same info at least 4 to 6 times. Mr. Hobbs keeps losing the info. Now he is requiring either a cash purchase or claiming that the buyers will have to wait for a month for settlement.

We have been dealing with Mr. Hobbs since June 2008. We want settlement by January 2, 2009. His constant befuddlement, loss of our info, and off-beat demands for HUD Forms, and now, cash payment, are going to push us into Foreclosure, which is supposed to occur on January 20, 2009. Our clients have been waiting for three weeks to know whether or not they have a loan for this house. Our clients have A1 credit and are retiring from the US Military.

Hobbs is not keeping to the contract for short sale that we signed in June. He is making ridiculous outrageous demands. His supervisor is Lynn Jones; I've had to wait for this name since June 2008.

Please make Mr. Hobbs and Homecomings Financial keep their contract with us.

Br
  31st of Jan, 2009

Having a 600k mortgage with them we elected to deed the home in lieu of foreclosure which was recommended to us by their collections dept. We followed instructions filled out the paper work filed the paper work with the clerks office in our county and walked away from the home. They claimed they sold the mortgage over a year later to another bank CMS who claims they foreclosed on us but we were never notified.

There is no court paperwork from either mortgage company referring to a case which was ordered by a judge the only paper work on file is my deed in lieu of which was notarizedand filed by the clerks office. The home sold shortly afterwards for 12k more than what was owed by us.

Now both companies claim the foreclosed on me but cant provide proof nor will correct the info in the major credit bureaus. This is keeping us from getting a new mortgage all because they reported the information falsely and lied about the actual outcome of our account.

Zp
  1st of Jun, 2009

We did a loan modification with Homecomings. Paid the payment with certified check and notarized the papers, with their notary. Sent both seperatly in THEIR Fed ex envelopes. They cashed the check and now say they never got either. Both fed ex envelopes were received by Homecomings. We have faxed copies of the whole thing, called daily for 37 days and no one there will help us. Finally got an Attorney last week. They won't respond to him either. We've received threats of foreclosure and Homecomings has reported bad stuff to the credit bureaus. Everyone beware, they will cheat you.
Dan