Holiday Builders / shoddy workmanship is a fraud!
January, 2006 - Purchase of home to be built included sprinkler system, sod, and shrubs (additional cost of $2,990). In June of 2006 when construction was completed, we were advised sod must be laid to obtain certificate of occupancy. After it was laid, we were told of severe water restriction in area (we are out of state). Due to restriction, adequate watering could not be done to establish new plantings; hence landscaping died. Further, we discovered that the sod was laid in a very shoddy manner, with gaps between pieces, allowing weeds to overrun the lot.
Builder agreed to replace sod during rainy season. (We have this in writing.) After approx. 6 months, only a small amount of sod was replaced, and some of that was laid on top of old dead sod. We have received complaints from neighbors, our property management company, and notices from homeowners association threatening fines; Other landscape professionals have advised the job was not done in a satisfactory manner and that we were taken advantage of since we were not able to be on site. We had to constantly make phone calls and send emails, attempting to get the work done.
While waiting for the new sod to be laid, we had a landscape architect design a heat- and drought-resistant tree and shrub plan, and install same. In doing so, we spent an additional $2500 to replace the other dead plants.
Holiday Builders claims the installation was just fine and in keeping with professional standards. Other landscaping professionals have begged to differ. We sought restitution through the Better Business Bureau for Holiday Builders' failure to provide a quality product installed in a professional manner. Holiday Builders, not surprisingly, LIED in their response, saying we wanted it replaced twice and that no watering was done.
Though we have their promises in writing, they continue to DENY, DENY, DENY! They are not to be trusted!
More Holiday Builders Complaints & Reviews
- Holiday Builders - promises, promises (shoddy workmanship) 
- Holiday Builders - building process 
- Holiday Builders - buyer beware! 
- Holiday Builders - sold us out!!! 
- Holiday Builders - signing a contract/building new home with them 
- Holiday Builders - communication about issues with my home that still have not been taken care of. 
- Holiday Builders - windows leaking
- Holiday Builders - unethical behaviour 
- Holiday Builders - unethical behavior - kitchen mold punctured plumbing line 
- Holiday Builders - new house