Hoffman Fuel — Overpriced service
I just got off the phone now following a complaint I had with Hoffman. When I signed my contract with Hoffman, I bought the Gold Plan for $250/year to provide "insurance" for my furnace should something break. Over the weekend I had water pouring out of a pipe in the furnace. When I called for service, I was told I would be billed $250/hour, so I put a bucket under the pipe and kept emptying it until Monday. I called first thing Monday morning and was told they couldn't tell me what time they could get there, so I ended up having to take the entire day off to wait for them. When the repairman arrived he informed me that the parts aren't covered because they are considered plumbing. I was billed $125 for an hour of service, plus $260 in parts, plus tax...totalling $408.
When I looked up the parts myself, I found I could have bought them at my local hardware store for $140. I called to complain about the lack of coverage and the overpriced parts, and was told by the manager that I could have called a plumber at the time I had a problem. I called them because they are my service provider and I had a service plan with them. Nice service!
More Hoffman Fuel Complaints & Reviews
- Hoffman Fuel - Totally unfair to consumer 
- Hoffman Fuel - Topping Off my Oil Tank 
- Hoffman Fuel - Buyer Beware! Price Cap Scam 
- Hoffman Fuel - Hoffman Fuel Charges More Than Market Price
- Hoffman Fuel - unfair Pricing schemes
- Hoffman Fuel - Customer Service 
- Hoffman Fuel - Bad Service, Price Gouging 
- Hoffman Fuel - All areas of customer service