HISTORY MAKER HOMES / Don't buy from them

I discovered the sewer pipe was filled with construction trash that caused the down stairs toilet to over flow and flood the living-room. Two walls were over 3" off plumb and should have failed inspection noticed after we started painting the 1 color house. Oven, two cabinet doors, and the kitchen light cover was stolen by the contractor the night before we moved in. Upstairs floor squeaks because they did not properly secure the plywood. After 2 1/2 years window seals are rotting like they are 20 years old. Had repairs done continually every month for 18 months in a row. I got ripped off for the price we gave. But I did get a big lot. The overall quality of these homes are worthless and cheap. DONT BUY HISTORY MAKER HOMES.

Je

More HISTORY MAKER HOMES Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bb
      17th of Sep, 2012

Having similar problems. I purchased from History Makers in March 2010 and I have had to complain several times to get warranty items fixed only to discover that they never fixed the items properly. They were only tring to get passed the warrant period. There they use cheap untreated wood around there window that don't last a good year. They say you have siding on back and side top layers of two story buildings, but they us cheap wood scraps that adsorb water and rot within a matter if a years time. I had paid a home inspector that told they the proper way to make the repairs but they patched wood gaps with mud and painted over it with cheap paint. Now after two years you can tell the never replaced the crappy wood with treated full pieces of wood. Neither did they use proper out door paint. Hisory Makers is a SCAM. Big liers ... Run now or you will have to invest hours with them later just to get them to fix their crap

• Zx
      3rd of Mar, 2013

I agree 100%! My house was built in Heartland TX in 2008 and I have a host of issues. First is the sidewalk leading up to the front porch. It has totally separated and is sliding down hill with 2-3 inch gaps from the front door. On the side of the house, bathroom window, the outside wood work is cracked and the siding is loose. When the HVAC is on the bathroom window "howls" at all times. The central air unit concrete pad is also sliding down hill. I still have chunks of concrete that was never cleaned up after the house was built that is still in my flower beds to this day. I keep them there as a reminder of History Makers quality.