Hilton Honors / Point redemption policy

1 P.O. Box 9003, Addison, TX 75001-9003 Fairfax, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-446-6677

Hilton Honors website (www.hiltonhonors.com) proclaims: "No Blackout Dates - No exceptions" The fine print reads "If there's a standard room available at any Hilton Family hotel or resort worldwide you can redeem points for it. No exceptions, no fine print. It's that simple."

It's actually not that simple. The use of the adjective "standard" to describe the "standard rooms" in the policy is a huge qualifier. Apparently a certain number of rooms at each property are designated "standard" rooms. When those rooms are booked by Honors reward redemption, the property is categorized as "full" even though many rooms remain.

In practice, the blackout policy remains the same as it's always been, subject to the number of rooms designated as "standard"

Comments

• Lw
      5th of Mar, 2009

Hilton Honors is a fraud/scam. They do everything possible to prevent redemption, like automatically changing your account number.

They are hostile toward their customers.
    Hilton stock is at $5.5 per share (1/3rd of its price 6 months ago), but with their attitude it will be at $1.50 by the end of 2009.

• Ka
      17th of Mar, 2009

Hilton Honors is in no way, shape, or form a scam. They redeem Hilton points all the time, and I have never heard of an unauthorized account change. You should contact 1800HHonors, or Guest Assistance. And to the actual post, this is a FREE program. They do not charge a monthly enrollment fee. Beggars can't be choosers.

• Cs
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Hilton Honors is not a scam. In fact, I find this to be one of my favorite rewards programs. Even if you're not a diamond member, customer service bends over backwards to get you a room if you want to use your rewards. "Standard Rooms", maybe, although I've never heard of that. I must have redeemed my points for 6 free rooms in the past 2 years, and I have only received the greatest customer service. Even if you call for a general reservation, depending on the rep, they'll even find a promo code that you can use to get an additional discount. By cordial, respectful, and nice ..

Never heard of them changing your account number.

• Af
      28th of Mar, 2009

Hilton Honors is a great way to travel... Next, I'm stay at South Beach for a week:

Best Hilton is on Diamond Way, Oakland, California

• Pe
      10th of Apr, 2009

I have never had a problem... perhaps its a User Error on Jeff Cashman's part.

• Hi
      17th of Apr, 2009

I ordered merchandise 2 months ago and was told by a "Rewards" associate that the color scheme would not be available until April, even received a ship date...When I called inquiring about my merfchandise they told me it had been cancelled and my points were put back into my account...I just want to be done with these people! TOTAL excuses with every aspect of what should be HARD-EARNED SERVICE!

Hilton Disgusted!

• Al
      31st of Aug, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Times Square recently for seven nights. Even though I used my HHonors # when making the reservation, it has never shown up on my account. I have e-mailed them 4 times requesting credit for my stay but to this day I have not been able to get a response or explanation of any kind. I have always been happy with my stays at Hilton properties but I feel I deserve some kind of explanation as my I have not received any points for my stay. Even though I love there hotels, their lack of response has left me very unhappy. This has all occurred on a new HHonors account because they inactivated my old one and I lost all my points. I had been a regular customer but refrained from traveling for awhile after the birth of our daughter. I don't think I will give them another chance. There are plenty of other hotels that would be happy to take my money.

• Ae
      11th of Feb, 2011

Hilton Honors is a complete and total scam. I have well over 7000 points. According to the site that's enough for a free room. Only when trying to book a free room do you realize that it's a tier 1 reward and according to Hilton you can't get a free room in any 'populated area'. I guess you can get a free room if it's in the middle of absolutely nothing because I live in NY and there are no rooms that qualify in the entire Hilton owned hotels for all of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. So maybe if I drive 5 states away I can get my free room lol. There are non hotel room rewards on the site too but over 7000 points doesn't get you any of those either. Typical crappy rewards program that wants undying loyalty only to severely overprice the good rewards so that most people will never ever see them.

• El
      27th of May, 2011

Last year, I set up my own HH account online and opted to receive air miles for hotel stays. Never received credit for my stay at a HGI within days of joining the program. Spoke with 2 customer service reps (one before I even checked into the hotel) who indicated the account wasn't set up right, but they would make sure it was set up so that I'd get airline miles. Never happened. Today (5 months later) spoke with customer service who informed me that one cannot receive airmiles until AFTER your first stay, and besides she stated...your account is not set up correctly to receive airmile credits.. She also indicated the 2nd agent had set up a case file with my concerns, yet I never got a response as to the end result of the case file. Transfered to a supervisor who once again informed me that my account was not set up properly and offered to make sure it would happen. When pressed for a response for what the agent I'd just spoken to said about being eligible for airline miles AFTER your first hotel stay, I was told by the supervisor that was not the case. To which I respond...either the agents don't know what they are doing or there are hidden rules not made clear to program members and either way HH looks bad. In my experience dealing with 2 agents in account set-up and still not getting it right...this program and its agents lack credibility. Nice hotels, but there are others to choose from, and in this economy, many offer the same, if not better deals.

• Br
      4th of Jun, 2011

Its a scam.I live in New Zealand and when I signed up for the hilton points program I was told that the points never drop off (like my Marriott points).Well they do as I've just receiced an email from them telling me if I don't use there hotels or buy more points(1000 points for $12) then my points may be forfitted.Well I won't be back in the states until 4 days after my points drop off but may not be back again for 18 months, who knows.Anyway I rang to make a booking, got put through to another booking office.Could'nt get a better price than retail and no guarantee my points won't be dropped unless I confirm now with my credit card.I won't stay at Hilton again.They need to make sure everyone that represents there company are fully trained in the rules so they can answer questions correctly and not misleed the customer.I also had 2 cards issued when I signed up but got the points, not that they are any good.I watched the Conrad Hilton story in a CA hotel and felt he was a real great man and must of been so proud of his hotel chain.I wonder what he thinks now of the way its run and how his customers are cheated.I'm sure if he was still around there points system would be better than everone elses's.

• Li
      5th of Jul, 2012
    Hilton Honors - On line offer
    Hilton
    San Diego
    California

I joined Hilton Honors. It has never showed any real value. I received an on line offer for hotel stay in San Diego for 119.00. Found three hotel that showed this offer. As I was booking the price changed up 300%. Tried several times. Called the 800 support number, went through 3 transfers and one supervisor. They told me it was never going to happen. This was a classic bait and switch scam.

12th of Sep, 2012

i love hilton

12th of Jan, 2013

I have an account. Have tried to stay at their hotels everytime I travel but they do not have many hotels in Northern Ontario. In September I booked a number of rooms at 2 locations for 12 people. One hotel assured me that I would get stay credits - I didn't. I found out later that arrangements could have been made to get the credits. No one told me this when I needed to hear it. When discussing this with a representative they noticed that I was not getting full credit. My thanks to that person but no one could have noticed it before! At the end of December I was one stay short- no hotels in Sault Michigan. I've stayed once already & have another room booked at the end of the month, February & March. So I call & ask for I rooms credit to get to gold. I'm told they are emailing supervisor. Call later; no answer yet, please be patient. Call later; oh they should have told you they cannot assist until maybe March & then you will have to do something but we can't say now what it will be. Long & short of it folks---- they don't care! Good luck finding the terms & conditions- obviously their people don't know them either. They are not willing to bend even though they misled me. I can't believe they don't care about losing a customer. Avoid Hilton hotels & in particular Hilton Honours. Find a loyalty program that is loyal to you too!

• In
      1st of Jun, 2014

I've been trying to redeem my 311, 000 points for over 3 weeks now. I try to log into my account using the log in information they provided me and an not able to. Their customer service reps attempt to log in using these credentials and they cannot either. I've spoken to and emails over 5 different reps in the past 3 weeks and still can't log into my account or redeem my points. They've supposedly sent my emails to 2 different liaisons who are supposed to contact me, but after 3 weeks, I have not heard from them. Horrible customer service toward a client who's been a member for over 15 years.