Hilton Honors / Point redemption policy
Hilton Honors website (www.hiltonhonors.com) proclaims: "No Blackout Dates - No exceptions" The fine print reads "If there's a standard room available at any Hilton Family hotel or resort worldwide you can redeem points for it. No exceptions, no fine print. It's that simple."
It's actually not that simple. The use of the adjective "standard" to describe the "standard rooms" in the policy is a huge qualifier. Apparently a certain number of rooms at each property are designated "standard" rooms. When those rooms are booked by Honors reward redemption, the property is categorized as "full" even though many rooms remain.
In practice, the blackout policy remains the same as it's always been, subject to the number of rooms designated as "standard"
More Hilton Honors Complaints & Reviews
- Hilton Honors - Customer Service
- hilton hotel honors program - lifetime membership not honored 
- Hilton Honors Point Redemption - Cancelled reservation 24 hrs. in advance and they did not redeposit points
- Hilton Honors - No fine print 
- Hilton Honors - available points 
- Hilton Honors Worldwide - Service
- Hilton Honors - Guest Rewards Program 
- Hilton Honors - Did not credit my HH account for stay
- Hilton Honors - Bait and Switch