HFC / Scam and cheating!

1 51 Century BlvdNashville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-3650175

In March, 2006 I received e-mail and snail mail solicitations for a loan of $10, 000. Due to circumstances it was offered at a good time and I took advantage of it. It was made as a second mortgage (actually third, as I originally had a first mortgage which was an ARM and a second mortgage). The loan brought the amount I owed on my home higher than the last appraisal. Since HFC didn't do an appraisal, I am unable to refinance to get out of my arm as the total I owe is more than the last appraisal. It is now May, 2008 and the original mortgage amount of $10, 614 has only been reduced to $10, 112.06 after 26 months. Also, the loan amount was incorrectly reported to the three major credit reporting agencies and for over a year never showed any change.

They are currently offering me a $30, 000 loan as a preferred customer. I don't know how they can do that without another 'no appraisal' loan or a falsified home value.

Va

Comments

• Re
      17th of Jun, 2008

18th of Jan, 2009

HFC has put us in a no win situation by levying our checking account, the last of our monies to live on for three months. All the pleading and begging did no good. The end of this month, we will have no power, phone, or FOOD. I hope the SOB (David Gregg) has a wonderful, fullfilled life...and dreams about folks like us, as he stated, unfortunate, irresponsible and oh well, toobad for you..

• Bc
      4th of Apr, 2009

I also agree. We recently sold our house in a short sale to avoid foreclosure. HFC is holding us responsible for the shortage of the mortgage which is $100, 000. The company encouraged us to do the short sale and never advised us of the end results.
    We have no clue what to do now.

• Tt
      28th of May, 2010

My ex-husband and I had a home financed through Countrywide, and later got a home equity loan from Beneficial, subsequently changed to HFC. After separating, my husband stayed in the home and was foreclosed on. HFC is still requiring me...after 10 years and MINIMAL balance change, to pay this loan. I have been afraid to not pay it because I am finally recovering my credit score - no help from my ex - and I am afraid they can do something towards the new home I was able to purchase...finally. Can anyone give me information on who to contact to do something about this company or this loan. How can you be required to pay an equity line on a home that you don't own that has been sold to someone else?? ANY thoughts or ideas? Thanks!!!

4th of Aug, 2010

JULY 2010 have just got off the phone with hfc creeps talhed to a person not even in the us and explained that i lost my job on june 18 of 2010 and lost my brother in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks later and finances were gone except unemployment. he proceded to only repeat his companys position that this was all he could do is take 3 payments out my checking account at 175.00 per month for a forbarance . after repeatly trying to explain to a man who bearly i could understand for lack of his accent . my wife and i tried to explain that 2 other companies had worked with us with a fixed payment with no interest being levied on the account to pay off the principal only until payed in full. what i dont understand if major credit card companies can do this why cant a creep of a company like HFC do the same instead of constant phone calls and no customer service. they seem to pride themselves on harrasement and improper tactics to acheive there goal of just getting money any way the can from the customer. i wish there was a law where the comsumer had a way of getting back at companies that only care about money only not people.

from joe in penna when will government gail out the common people instead of business and stockmarkets and remember that if people have jobs jobs pay taxes not big companies