HerbaLife / unauthorized billing

Phone: 517-902-5706

I sent $9.95 for information that was supposed to be here in 2 days. I knew that was impossible to come from the U.S. in that time but got about 10 days later. The package has a DVD & a 'workbook'. You are instructed to call your mentor for more instructions after you watch part of the Dvd. You can only watch part of it cause you have to get a 'code' from your mentor to go farther. After that point you have 14 days to decide if you want to continue with the business. If you don't let them know when the 14 days is up they bill you $40 for the dvd.

I have repeatedly contacted this person but she won't return my calls or emails. Of course she billed my credit card for the $40. I don't have an address to send the DVD back to& she won't give me one. I guess thats how they make money ripping people off with overpriced material.

Va

Comments

• To
      10th of Mar, 2009

I saw an ad on Tv late one night claiming to make alot of money part time, I called in for the information and was told I would have to pay 9.95 for the dvd. I received the dvd and a phone call from Chris Wilkins saying he was going to be my mentor and ask me some questions as to how serious about making extra income. He also stated that If I didn't want to continue that I would get all my money back except the 9.95, which I agreed.

I met with him and some guy named David, way out in Ma. I was also given Davids phone number if I ever had any questions or concerns. I tried calling David at the number that was given to me and low and behold, it was NOT a good number. So I proceeded to call Chris back and ask some questions about what the name of this company was and he explained that I needed to wait and speak with himself and David the next day and they would explain the program and the name of the company.

It should have thrown up a red flag when he would answer my question. I received a conference call from Chris and David and they told me that my packet to get started in making money would ONLY be 199.95. They already had my credit card info and was very excited about using it for this packet of products and enrolling literature. I called Chris back and told him that I was not interested, I had not opened the carton and wanted a refund, told him that I was not going to buy a lot of stock, sell it myself and not make much from it.

I told him when the shipment arrives I would just refuse it. He told me if I did that, that it would take almost 3 times as long to receive my refund. So I didn't refuse it, but did not open it either. Chris told me to ship it directly back to him and he would refund my 199.95 and thats what I did, at my expense of 14.42 to ship it from Oklahoma to Fl. I did get a partial refund of only 159.05, I wrote Chris back and ask him why the difference, and to no avail I haven't heard from him. If someone promises you the world and it sounds too good to be true, people ...RUN as fast as you can from these scammers.

• Fe
      5th of May, 2009

I worked in a management position at Herbalife corp office. We have millions in credit card fraud a year from the distributors who are trying to make their monthly goal and charge unsuspecting customers on their credit card. Corp office is well aware of this and turn a blind eye. There is a President team member whose downline had committed over half a million dollars of fraud in less than a year. Corp. office was aware of this but again turned a blind eye due to sales. Not only was there unauthorized charges to the customer but the distributor got paid royalties on those sales. I tired to implement and create new policies to protect consumers, however this would lower sales and I encountered a lot of resistance. Although official policy is Herbalife does not accept 3rd party chargecards, the truth is you can use "susies" credit card to charge "paul's orders and ship to "tommy" ?! I no longer work for Herbalife, it is the worst company I have ever worked for! Herbalife values talk alot obout integrity of the product, of the customers and the employees.. I saw none fo this! Bottome line DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO A HERBALIFE DISTRIBUTOR!!

29th of May, 2009

I went in as supervisor and of course wanted to make money. It took me about a month or so and I got out. When they had you call people they wanted you to be downright ruthless and unfeeling to the people on the other end of the phone. Also, I got SOOO tired of listening to a certain president's team member go on and on and on about the same thing over and over and over again. I also didn';t like being told you HAVE TO, you've GOT TO and you MUST!! For example, I had a gentleman by the Training Pack and the day he was supposed to have his first pack call, his sister ended up in the hospital in ICU. I told my mentor and she said I still had to call him and verify that the training pack had shipped. He was at the hospital with his sister!!! Anyway, that was only one incident but I know I will never buy any Herbalife again or encourage anyone to buy since I know what kind of people are behind the scenes.

• De
      17th of Jul, 2009

I worked for herbalife overseas and they have very tight credit card usage. Every purchase has to verified with a person IC/Dr license. I think Herbalife should come clean and stop misleading customers that they really do have a quota system that you must meet other wise you will loose your downline. I've seen it happen to high rollers that sunk all their money into this firm trying to grap a piece of the action only to have it yanked from under them and given to an undeserving DR or Lawyer. Crosslining, backstabing, and profiteering are all covered in Herbalife Biz manual as a no no, but nobody enforces it. Directors do as they want for profits. The product is great, but a few spoil the MLM system for everyone.

• Th
      27th of Apr, 2010

Sorry, that does not sound like Herbalife. It must be some poeple trying to make money in a abd way.
    I both love the liberty you get with internet, but I absolutely HATE when some people take advantage of it.
    There are so many scams out there. Herbalife is a good company, but oh my what evil people can do and destoy a reputation!