Heaven on Earth Newfoundlands / lack of facts more here say

1 Canada Review updated:

I'm Looking for a Healthy Newfoundland. I want one with the temperament they are known for easy going, intelligent, athletic, and affectionate. Most of all healthy.
I understand there are genetic issues
But this goes for any breed of dog.
No Inbreeding or Tight breedings as the Americans call it.
This Breeder Chris seems very forth coming and honest. I have spoken to her numerous times and read the article that was done on her.
One woman says she was given a dog that was sick from day one. She has spent $70, 000 dollars. This sounds a little far fetched. Another calls her a puppy mill. Does she have a number of dogs Yes. For some maybe to many. These Dogs are well looked after fed, clean surroundings and very healthy. Lots of room to move around.
I've seen puppy mills they are sick dirty and over produced animals. They do not know love. This is a cash cow.
This web page let's anyone comment or trash another. You can make up any name and print. Are these fellow Breeders who are voicing their lies and attempting to destroy another's business? I wonder
I think I need to just go with my gut and proceed with the purchase of my Furbaby. I'll let you know how it went.
I e

Heaven on Earth Newfoundlands

An
Apr 4, 2018

Comments

4th of Apr, 2018

You won't be disappointed in her dogs. I bought a Newf from Heaven on Earth 3 years ago and I have nothing but awesome things to say about her and my big boy Rowdy Wayne. She has always been there for me if I have questions and I have had a few hundred:-). Her place is heaven, her dogs are magnificent. I Highly recommend this Kennel!

• Mo
      31st of Dec, 2018

@sandra2018 This kennel is an absolute puppy mill. I have been there to pick up a puppy and was appalled at the condition f the puppy. He was covered in urine and something green (maybe vomit?), smelled awful and extremely under size. I will NEVER recommend this kennel, it is clearly a cash cow. I am surprised this kennel has not been shut down.

3rd of Jan, 2019

@sandra2018 My experience with Heaven on Earth Dog breeder.

www.heavenonearthnewfoundlanddogs.com

My husband lost his best friend (our goofy Berner) this last year. I had honestly never seen him so upset for so long. The silence of our boys absence was deafening so, we thought we would fill it with a baby for him.

He is in stage 4 kidney failure and the loss of his beloved Berner was literally making him sicker...

We found heaven on earth online which is a very nice website.

My husband was online constantly and became more excited with the prospect of obtaining a puppy from this beautiful place.

Our son contacted this woman and she sent him back one word answers via email.. seemed very short with him...

My husband called the woman and discussed the possibility of viewing the puppies after Christmas. He was beaming! His health took an upturn.

He was on cloud nine continually looking at them over the holiday... Literally 2 days after Christmas he called her again and made arrangements to view them new year's eve day.

He called again the day before we were to drive from Okotoks and all seemed to be on the up and up.

He and our children were so excited to go view these babies! Smiles all the way up to Red deer!

My husband woke up crying as he had had a dream about our boy... You have to understand, this man is a 6'3" hairy viking! He doesn't cry! He was so happy he was finally going to get to pick out his baby this day and so were my kids as they know how sad there dad is...

When we arrived the excitement was palatable!

Then this happened..,

He went to the door, no one there???

He called no one answered...

We drove down to the barn... No one there???

Called again... No one answered...

By this time my anger was also palatable!

We sat in the truck bewildered. Where the heck are they??? We waited another 10 min another call, still no answer...

By this time I was doubting the legitimacy of this place. No less than a 100 dogs in pens.

My husband's excitement was waning. The disappointment and sadness quickly drained all the excitement from my children...

We drove back down to the barn. The dogs were all barking alert and still no one!

Then my daughter spotted someone in the back! FINALLY... We thought she waved us back to the house. So, we drove back up there. Waited..

K, where did she go???

I got out of the truck very angry and went to the back of the house and literally yelled "HELLO!" the dogs were going crazy! What the hell is going on here...

My husband went back to the door as we now knew someone was definitely there, low and behold the door opens and a bunch of huge friendly but terribly unkept dogs came running out. One old soul had very badly malformed back legs.

Ah finally! But, the person that answered was a tiny little girl (omdawd, she was totally adorable!), she comes out behind all the animals with a huge smile on her face.

I ask, "Hello can you find your mommy for us?" "Yep she's at the barn!" She goes in, gets her tiny little coat and her and my daughter go down to the barn.

I'm thinking, why the hell, if someone's at the barn isn't anyone waiting for our arrival, answering our phone calls, or the door???

Considering the fuss that the dogs were making because we were there, that alone should have brought someone out!

Now, in all honesty, I'm doubting everything. I foster puppies for aarcs and this place is just making me angry in more ways than one...

The girls come back with a young woman but, by this time, I'm not in a very friendly mood. We do intros and she takes us to the house to view the puppies.

When we enter and the smell is overwhelming... more and more I'm regretting being there. I see a half naked woman sneak by covering her face. I'm like wtf? I'm trying to put on a friendly attitude because my husband was Sooooo looking forward to this but, so far the experience has been less than thrilling nevermind the distance we traveled to get there...

The woman from the barn tells us that the woman we made arrangements with is sick with the flu.

Ummm, why the heck didn't she call us and inform us of this? We could have made arrangements for another day!!!

She makes us wait at the door and proceeds to bring us a puppy from downstairs. I'm bewildered. The first puppy seems to be a good size but it's very dirty. She holds the puppy and tells us we can't touch them because they haven't had their first shots. "???" We are literally the cleanest things in the house! Your telling me that I came all this way to stand at the door and have her show us each puppy individually while she holds it?!? Um NO!

She goes back downstairs and grabs another. This one is even dirtier... I tell her we wanted to see them playing and there is no way for us to know anything with her just bring them up separately. How are we going to get any feel for the animals?

I'm done... I basically thank her for wasting our time. She says "Well at least you get to see them" What? She then offers to take us down to the barn to see the parents, I go straight back to our vehicle.

My husband and kids go down to the barn and I wait in the truck knowing there is no way in hell we are purchasing a puppy from here! I can still smell the urine on my clothes.

You couldn't pay me enough to go back there! The whole experience was upsetting, unsettling and totally unprofessional! She had total disregard for my families time!

I would, from what I saw and experienced say this place is a puppy mill.

We all left sad and disappointed... What was to be a wonderful day, took a complete downturn. My husband was heartbroken...

We headed into Red deer to have some lunch and looked online to see if we could turn our day around. Our kids put on a strong face as they wanted there dad not to be sad...

My husband found some pups and contacted the number. The woman got back to him right away. Our luck had turned!

When we got there a very friendly husband and wife team came out to greet us with smiles on their faces. They had 2 Shiney coated Berners that also greeted us with big smiles too. looks good so far!

They lead us to the garage and when we all stepped through the doorway my husband's and childrens eyes light up!

All the puppies are jumpin' around happy and clean. It literally smells better in their garage than the house of the first place we went. I can still smell the urine in my clothes and it's been a couple hours..

I speak with this loving couple and they take the time to tell me all the info I want to know as the mother of the pups sits at my feet giving me snuggles.

They tell us we can stay as long as we want. My daughter giggles and tells us this is my heaven... The couple watches with smiles on their faces as my family is rejuvenated from our first experience.

My husband stands there beaming in the immaculate pen and watches as the babies jump and play with our children.

One puppy decided he wanted to stick to my viking like glue! That's what I'm talking about! There's the day turned right around!

These pups are younger than the ones at the first place yet here we are touching playing and sucking in the adorableness!

I stay outside the pen cause this experience is just for him today. He makes his choice and I then step into the pen. I pick the chosen one up and he smells wonderful, his coat is so shiny. It's a done deal! Our little guy will be coming home with us in 8 days and counting!

I will NEVER recommend Heaven on earth and will be telling everyone I know about how they made one of the most important experiences we could have so completely awful! And without a care in the world!

I would ask anyone whom is interested in a puppy from here call the SPCA first and ask how many complaints they've received. Bare minimum standards is what these dogs get!

4th of Jan, 2019

@Holly Pell This story is heartbreaking. Are there hoarding laws in Alberta? Something needs to be done, this is so unfair to all of the sweet pups and Mamma pups.

23rd of Jan, 2019

@MonkeyGirl8888 haha now who monkey are you? Green Vomit? Oh my the stories just keep getting better and better. Clearly you have never been to her kennel, do they pay you to write these lies?

23rd of Jan, 2019

@Holly Pell Oh My quite the story book, I think you should quit your day time job and write fictional kids books you have a gift. In Fact I think you should get a prize for the best Story. This must of been so horrible for you to go through such a nightmare, you poor thing. Was there green vomit on the pups too? Good thing you never touched them being so clean and all you might of caught something bad. thank goodness you found some on kijiji that were clean.

3rd of Feb, 2019

@anyasmom I called the spca, they have made many visits to her puppy mill. As long as there are no animals in immediate distress their hands are tied... Not enough legislation regarding what's can legally be done. I also informed the CKC. All we can do is not buy the puppies... Thank you for your comment. :)

3rd of Feb, 2019

@bobhenry Call me. 4034785898 I've got everything recorded... What kind of comment is this?

3rd of Feb, 2019

@bobhenry Just wow... I have a feeling you are either a friend or the actual breeder. If you are, you should be ashamed if you think those animals are living any sort of life. Your compassion speaks for itself.

4th of Feb, 2019

@bobhenry https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156634351515395&id=720250394

This woman sent my child an email instead of calling my husband. Check out the comment section. Stay away from this woman if you don't want her bullying you when something goes wrong...

4th of Feb, 2019

@Holly Pell I applaud you Holly! I do think bobhenry is Christy and she does seem to comment under different names. If there is any way I can support you please let me know. There are several people who have contacted me pursuing litigation. I'm sorry the laws in Canada don't address hoarding, it is the most common way to shut down a puppy mill in Oregon.

5th of Feb, 2019

Now she is leaving false reviews for my company... Beware of this woman.

5th of Feb, 2019

@anyasmom She is now posting vexatious and false claims against me. This company was shut down in 2017 and the post was made January 11, 2019... We did not ever service residential properties. Do not deal with this woman, you will be sorry.

5th of Feb, 2019

@Holly Pell https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/devolbren-property-services-inc-horrible-customer-service-and-horrible-work-c1095306.html#c2015323

• Gr
      30th of May, 2018

Please do your research. Talk to a bunch of other breeders (and not just in Alberta). There are few really good breeders in western canada but be prepared to travel and wait to get your dog. Research what red flags mean when it comes to Newfoundland puppies. Read the breed standard so you know what your dog should look like.

23rd of Jan, 2019

@[email protected] yes do your research and don't believe these breeders and their monkeys, do you get paid to post on here too?
    Club Standards
    Inbred dogs
    Aggression
    Mini Newfoundland's
    short noses
    Non Testing
    Ruin Breeders that don't want to be apart of their Pathetic clubs
    I am sold where do I get one of these tiny Newfoundland's? Newfoundland Club of Canada? Any of your friends have pups? Surely you could recommend a good club breeder for me

• Fa
      17th of Dec, 2018

Be careful and truly, I would keep looking.