Healthy Back Institute or Lose The Back Pain / 'free' book scam with unauthorised credit card charges
I responded to an offer from Rob Poulos's Fat Burning Furnace newsletter by Zero to Hero Fitness.com for a 'FREE' copy of the book 'The 7-Day Back Pain Cure' by Jesse Cannone. I did not subscribe to the newsletter, in actual fact I unsubscribed to the 'Free Trial' newsletter several days before the 30 day trial period was up. As a result they have stoped sending the newsletter via email, but began sending it via post and charging my credit card accordingly without permission!
The first charge appeared on my credit card statement on 28/2/10 being for a transaction of US $11.95 (Aus 13.72) on 25/2/10 for the shipping of the 'FREE' book. The second charge was on 31/3/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 28.11), transaction on 27/3/10. Then there was another on 30/4/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 27.80), transaction on 27/4/10. There was also another at end of May. I will be going to bank tomorrow to fill in form to block any more payments! Additionally I would like them to refund the unauthorised payments on my credit card immediately.
I would have responded much quicker, however, I don't actually have a credit card and was using my mums card. I have received no receipts or invoices - tho I checked their website today and tried to sign in. I didn’t even know I had an account; there was no mention of this in any correspondence with them. Once my password was reset, I could see the invoices listing all the payments charged. I tried to remove the credit card details to no avail! I have only received 2 newsletters, but have been charged for 3 as well. Makes the 'FREE' book very expensive!
I have attached correspondence with the HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE customer service department to the email I sent them which confirms when I unsubscribed. I did this via their email contact service as I live in Australia and it is not feasible for me to call their office.
If the unauthorised payments are not refunded I will look at taking further action.
More Healthy Back Institute or Lose The Back Pain Complaints & Reviews
- Healthy Back Institute - continuted billing 
- Losethebackpain.com - illegal recurrent monthly charges on my credit card for a fake newsletter I never signed up for 
- Healthy Back Institute - info. stolen 
- Healthy Back Institute - failed payments 
- Healthy Back Institute - poor customer service 
- LoseTheBackPain - cancelling direct debit
- Losethebackpain.com - I have been charged $19.95 every month without my authorization 
- LoseTheBackPain - unsolicited pill shipment
- LoseTheBackPain - lose the back pain
- Healthy Back Store - not delivered on time/ poor customer service