[Resolved] Headspace / Impossible to cancel subscription

US Review updated:

I got a free trial for meditation app Headspace.

Tried to cancel it as it was not for me, and they do not cancel it right away.

They sent email saying that that are processing my cancellation. 48-72 hours.

Just have read other comments on their blog, this is happening since 2014.

I guess I will be paying for extra month...probably paying for many month!

This is such a scam!

• Resolution statement

• Headspace Customer Care's Response, Dec 08, 2016

Hi, Olga. My name is Lupe and I am the VP of Customer Experience at Headspace. We sincerely apologize for the delay in resolving this issue for you. I do see that that we have since taken care of this request for you, but can certainly understand how frustrating this for you. We've truly sorry - clearly this is not our intention. To provide complete transparency - we have experienced a surge in users, which has increased incoming requests and volume for our Customer Experience team. It has led to some delays in responses, which clearly impacted you. We are working day and night to get through requests, so rest assured that our goal is not ignore our users. We value our community and are constantly working towards making improvements. As a quickly growing company, we are experiencing some pain points with volume, but please know we are aware of it and tackling it as best as we can for our customers. Thank you for your patience and if you ever wish to return to Headspace, we'd be happy to provide you with a 6-month complimentary subscription for the trouble. Simply send us a note at [protected]@headspace.com and we'll apply it to your account. Thank you for being a part of the Headspace community.

Ol
Dec 03, 2016

More Headspace Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      Dec 04, 2016

Exactly the same thing here!!!
    The opposite effect of meditation >:(

• Ki
      Aug 20, 2018
    Best Best Advice
    Headspace - Cancellation problems!
    United Kingdom

I have tried multiple times to cancel my subscription and the make it almost impossible! There is no way of turning off the auto renew function therefore they constantly take payments! I have read online that it is notoriously difficult to cancel. I want it cancelled with immediate effect and for this nightmare to end!

• Ph
      Aug 29, 2018

Same here it's such a shame !!!

• Li
      Sep 25, 2018

Used the free trial and before I knew it I had a annual subscription made in error, tried to cancel right away and they charged my account. I'm finding it impossible to get a refund. I'm frantically trying as I am unemployed right now and can no way afford a 94.99 subscription. I'm so stressed out, this is such a scam.

• Ad
      Jan 16, 2019

IS THIS SOME SORT OF TEST? My subscription has just been auto-renewed for a year at a much higher rate than initially paid! No simple e-mail indicating/requesting for confirmation you would like to renew. Then like all other bogus scam sites when you do finally find where to cancel the autorenew (if the navigation on their website decides to work) they ask you to confirm 5 times that you would like to so. What a joke they sell themselves as trying to help then they just end up ripping you off like everyone else.

• Km
      Jan 25, 2019

Same problem. I canceled a year ago and recently realized they charged me for an annual subscription anyway. Now it is up for auto renew again and I'm unable to find a simple way to cancel. The steps they outline do not take me to a cancellation option- just a renew option. I have tried on a desktop, my phone and my iPad- through iTunes and directly through the site. No option to cancel anywhere. I've emailed twice and no reply. Absolutely shameful business practice.

Jan 28, 2019

I had the same problem. I year ago tried to cancel my script and could not find how to unscribe when visiting the website. I stopped using and forgot about this ordeal until I recently got an email about my use of HS ( which was zero). This time, after much searching, I found that I was charged for last year. Also found a “ cancellation page” but still unable to cancel because “ server problems”. This whole Andy figure has fallen from grace as far as I am concerned. Why make it so hard on people to cancel? Greed?

• Ze
      Jul 13, 2019
    Headspace - They auto renew your subscription without any warnings and it is impossible to cancel.

They charged 98$ and it is impossible to cancel on their website and app. SCAM.

They said that they will cancel my subscription for next year meaning they will keep my 98$

SCAM

• Ol
      Jul 17, 2019

The same just happened to me. They auto-renewed without my permission. I paid $50 for the first year and now they charged me almost $100. I sent an email and I have not receive a response. This is a SCAM. I cancelled my auto-renew option online, however now I checked my account with them and says that I'm still subscribed. What's worst, I tried to erase my credit card information, but they wouldn't allow me to do it--you can only change the information to add another card. This is extremely shady, particularly for an app that aims to calm your anxiety... It's a scam