Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan / Bad quality product!

I recently bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, model 761 567, a 60" Brookdale. Installation was straight forward and I expected no problems. The fan is controlled via a remote which controls fan speeds and the light fixture. After installation it functioned as advertised until later that evening when the light came on unexpectedly and without input through the remote control. Since then the light has a mind of its own and comes on seemingly whenever it wants to. That's particularly annoying at 3 AM.

I'm looking for a fix. If anyone has experienced a similar situation and found the cure!

Lo

Comments

• Co
      21st of Jul, 2008

Change the dip switches on the fan and remote to another combination.

YOu are most likely getting signals from your neighboors.

• Me
      25th of Aug, 2008

I have also had the same problem, which is how I found your complaint. I googled the issue and your problem was the first to pop up. I have no idea how to fix it and I am wondering if you had any luck, or if you just went out and bought a new one?

5th of Aug, 2011

I have a Hampton Bay Brookkedale II 60" ceiling Fan. The bottom light comes on and off automatically while the ceiling fan is on, even if i turn the light off.