Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan / Lack of ability to order new blades!

A wind storm caught my outdoor ceiling fan. got it spinning and tilted it into the arbor. All blades broke. I am trying to purchase new blades. The fan is new and they still are selling the same model at Home Depot.

The Hampton Bay website gives me no options to order the blades or even communicate with them about my situation. They point all contact requests to Home Depot. I emailed Home Depot and they replied with their website and the location of their near by store.

Home Depot shows me the options I can order from out of a catalog but none with fit the Four Winds outdoor model.

Neither Home Depot or Hampton offer me help.

I need to fix this fan with now blades and replace another one on the porch. Tell me WHY I would buy another Hampton Bay.

Comments

• Am
      15th of May, 2007

I have Hampton Bay ceiling fans with remote control. After replacing batteries, cannot get the fan to work... not even come on. The remote is lit, so the batteries are in correctly. Please advise.

• Ra
      26th of May, 2007

Our remote control is not working properly. We can operate the fan but not the light control. We put in new batteries. We cannot turn the light on or off, or dim the light with the remote. We can only turn on the light with the light switch. We use to be able to turn the light off when the fan was in operation and we use to be able to dim the light. Not happening now. How can we fix this problem?

• De
      8th of Jul, 2007

I too have a remote controlled Hampton Bay fan and the remote receiver inside the fan failed just after one year (out of warranty). Home Depot was no help, and after searching all over, I found a dealer in Texas who would sell me a replacement for $80. At this price I might as well buy a new fan. Apparently this is a major problem with Hampton Bay fans yet they don't do anything about it. I will never buy another Hampton Bay fan.

• Sc
      15th of Jan, 2008

i will never use anything but hampton bay fans, i have installed thousands and never had a problem that couldnt be corrected,home depot has always helped me

• Ge
      22nd of Aug, 2008

All the negative comments in here are not entirely the fault of the Home Depot or Lowes. It is YOUR OBLIGATION to retain the owner's manual and other literature., it even say so in the booklets.

You will notice there's a toll-free number to contact the ORIGINAL Importer/Manufacturer for the fan. Hampton Bay is a store brand owned by The Home Depot and Harbor Breeze is the store brand of Lowes.

They DO NOT manufacture ANY fan OR STOCK REPLACEMENT PARTS IN THEIR HOME CENTERS. In order to get your fan repaired you need to contact the supplier/vendor directly NOT The Home Depot or Lowes.

Here's the steps to follow in order to get your fan back in working order.

#1-RETAIN ALL INCLUDED LITERATURE.
    #2-In case of assistance, call the toll-free number listed either on the owner's manual OR THE LABEL ON TOP OF THE FAN.

#3-Provide the Customer Service agent the 6-digit SKU# if is a fan from The Home Depot or Expo Design (or 5- digit Item# if is from Lowes) found on the same labeln .
    #4-State your fan's finish, and the need of your call.