HALO Tree Service / unprofessional

1 edison, NJ, United States Review updated:

we also have had a very bad experience with Mr Jeff Karvaski. not only did he lie about a tree being infested with carpenter ants, he told this to the people who live behind us and talked them in to paying for it to be taken down. after weeks of waiting for him to show up, he and his crew came in, disrupted our neighbors on the left of us, took our fence out, which we know was necessary, and took the tree down, he left saying he would be back to remove the remaining 5 ft of the stump, and fix our fence that had to be taken out of the ground. that was July 3rd, 2009. Last night he knocked on our door and said he was sorry, he would be there first thing in the morning. Well, as of today Aug 13Th, 2009, after many phone calls to Jeff, we come to find out he told the paying customers that he needed more money since he need to hire a second crew to help that day. every week since the job started has been the same sob story of how he'll be there first thing tomorrow, the rain is really setting me behind, I'll be over after church.
well Jeff, I'm religious too, maybe next time your sitting in church you should listen a little. GOD doesn't like lying thieves, AND NIETHER DO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

update: 8/22
well, he came back and finished the tree. probably because he was givin the news that a lawyer would be called. so the tree is done.
the problem now is, the fence is broken more, the garden hose was left on full blast, and theres a 12 pack of empty coors cans sitting in my recycle bin. i guess i should be thankful that the drunk didnt leave the cans scattered in my yard!

Comments

• Br
      17th of Oct, 2012

Then tonight he shows up to thank my husband for his wife writing this compliant that cant be removed from the internet. Do your job honestly and professionally and you wouldnt have to worry jeff!

27th of Jun, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

BEWARE: Jeffrey Karvaski is a crook. We signed a legal contract with him to fix our lawn and clean our backyard. He took 50% of the money upfront to buy materials Etc and has not shown up at all. After numerous texts and messages, he showed up when we started talking about legal action. Not to work though...he showed up, mowed the lawn and disappeared again! I've had to get somebody else to clean up the place because the neighbors were complaining! He's an unscrupulous crook, liar and does not have a decent bone in his body. And let's not even talk about professionalism... Well, I'm still going the legal route with this guy...so, Beware- DO NOT trust him for any kind of work!!

• Vi
      21st of Oct, 2018

@Angrygirl1 Please call police and report this as theft so that other people aren't similarly victimized.

• Sw
      30th of Aug, 2017

This guy is the WORST. How can anyone be this much of a waste of space!!! Jeffry took a deposit from me to do some landscaping work and has given me every excuse in the book. With all these complaints, why haven't the cops shut him down? I've never heard so many lame excuses in my life. At this point, I've lost my money and my trust in small business. Jeffrey Karvaski you are a horrible person.

• Vi
      21st of Oct, 2018

Please call police for theft - so that other people aren't similarly victimized.