Halo Debt Solutions / Unauthorized billing

Beware of Halo Debt Solutions!!!

I am an 'EX' client of Halo Debt Solutions. I also fully believe that this company is a scam. My debts, $30, 000 were estimated to be settled in 3 years. However, after 1 year of faithful payments not a single debt of mine was ever settled, negotiated, or even addressed by Halo. Many false promises were made to me during my enrollment. I was lead to believe that this would be a simple process. Quickly I realized that the creditors do not stop calling, do not stop pursuing, and do not care of your enrollment in Halo's program. Kemarie McMinn was my 'Enrollment Specialist' and Deenie Daley was my 'Service Rep'.

So my outcome of this experience is, all of my accounts enrolled in the program were referred to attorneys. An Arbitration Claim was failed against me which could have resulted in wage garnishments. I have decided to file bankruptcy instead and when I informed Halo that I wished to cancel the program they informed me that I would not be refunded a penny!!! After I have paid them over $3000 and they accomplished absolutely nothing for me in return!!! Their contract states that the 'enrollment fee' is nonrefundable but it does NOT clarify that every penny you ever pay them is theirs to keep. I have involved my bank and they are investigating fraud and I may have to take them to court to resolve the rest of the money they are keeping. What kind of company refuses to refund money that was paid to perform a service that was never performed???

On a side note, during your enrollment process the Representatives will site laws regarding debt collection practice etc (ex. wage garnishments and house leins) that pertain specifically to their state of Texas. However, they accept clients across the country (I live in California) and we are all bound by different laws.

Point in short... DO NOT TRUST HALO DEBT SOLUTIONS!!!

Sa

Comments

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2011

I have just found out how bad Halo Debt is. Fortunately, they did secure agreements with 3 of my cards and I was able to pay those cards off. The bigger ones...I was served papers and then comunication started to get iffy with Halo. I was told by Shelly Jones to respond the papers with some other responses she said people had used...3 days before the repsonse was due after having the copy of the papers for 2 1/2 weeks. I emailed her that certain things were incorrect and that one account was not listed as paid off . She asked me to email her the info so she could research it. Bimbo. Fortunately, I had a friend who was a lawyer and when I asked him how I should respond he said I needed to file bankruptcy. I told David Shelley, when I first started, how I got into debt...which was mainly for cancer and a year of six operations...yes healthcare in this country sucks. Needless to say we have a group of predatory people here. I am filing bankrupcy, am getting $5000.00 back on my "fee" to Halo...which is less than the 15% they say is their fee. Halo is in Texas...they did not abide by Washington law for this service...which is where I live...if this happens to you get a good lawyer, put Halo to the wall as far as the laws in your state say this service should be handled. Halo also tried to get my lawyer to have me sign an aggreement that I would say nothing bad about them. He told them that was ridiculous and it wouldn't happen. Yes, spread the word about the A-Holes...