HalfPricedMags / MagsForLess / SnappyMags / My1Mag / Avoid this companies at all costs!

I too was scammed by this company. Please be aware this company is doing business under a variety of other domain names:

halfpricedmags.com (Half Priced Mags/Halfpricedmags)
magsforlees.com (Mags For Less/magsforless)
My1mag.com (My1 Mag)
Snappymags.com (Snappy Mags/SnappyMags)

If you have been scammed, please file complaints with the following agencies so that Joel Simkhai (President & CEO) is prosecuted and his theft operations are shut down:

FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center (ic3.gov)
Federal Trade Commission (ftc.org)
Better Business Bureau (newyork.bbb.org)
New York Attorney General's Office (oag.state.ny.us)

I have contacted New York Department of State Corporation Division in an attempt to locate a place to serve process on Joel Simkhai, but was informed that none of the businesses are registered with their department. If anyone is aware of where Joel Simkhai or his authorized agent may be served, please email me at: selenityaria@hotmail.com I am seeking to file my lawsuit in June or July 2007.

Also, a police officer that I have contacted is seeking out attorneys that specialize in class action lawsuits. He is collecting the names of other people that were ripped off by any of the aforementioned websites. Joel Simkhai claims to have over two million customers, so even though you may have only lost a nominal amount of money, he is still getting rich. Please don't allow others to fall victim.

Je

Comments

• Kn
      24th of May, 2007
    MagsForLess / My1Mag - Subscriptions never received

Ordered subscriptions well before XMAS 06'. It is May 07" now. Can't contact anyone, no one responds, emails are sent back, the ticket on their site doesn't work... it goes on and one. Horrible... avoid site, save your money and stress.

2nd of Aug, 2007

I too ordered over $100 in magazines from Halfpricedmags.com. They come up as the number two search on google for discount magazines. Google knows they are stealing daily from people but have done nothing to take them off their search site. Why is this still happening? Noone seems to know.

6th of Sep, 2007

This is Joel and I am the owner of MagsForLess. Please email me directly at owner@magsforless.com if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved within one day.

Regards,
    Joel.

• Mr
      1st of Nov, 2007

Sorry Mr. Simkhai,

You are full of bologna.

I have tried for days to have you and your staff 'resolve' my issue. Unfortunately, however, you have not responded at all and your 'customer service manager', Kim has done nothing but feed me a load of crap.

MagsForLess is an obvious scam which I should have seen through before placing my 8-subscription, $100+ order.

Mr. Simkhai, here's a hint:

If you want to resolve your countless customer service issues ... STOP STEALING PEOPLE'S MONEY AND SEND THEM THE MAGAZINES THEY ORDERED!

There it is; problem solved.

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2007

To everyone who has been ripped off by Joel Simkhai, please contact the NY Attorney General's office and file an online complaint at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

Btw, Mr. Simkhai, if you are reading this, I have at least 14 emails from you where you essentially close my open tickets without actually resolving anything.

• St
      2nd of Jan, 2008

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Unreliable. I ordered some magazines in July, 2006. Had not received by January, 2007. I sent and received several e-mails that they were on the way, expediting my order, etc. Never got any magazines. A complaint with the BBB was not responded to, so that file was closed by the BBB. After filing a complaint with the NY Atty. General, I FINALLY got a refund in October 2007. Don't order from this company.

• Mr
      10th of Mar, 2008

Same story, I ordered about $20 of magazines about a year ago, never got one in the mail. I tried the website's customer support ticket number and no one got back to me. However, I saw someone posted an email for kim@magsforless.com The lady in the post claimed that kim had helped her so I emailed her about the situation and within a week she had refunded my money.