Guardsman / furniture protection plan

1 United States

I purchased a sectional from Kittles in IN two years ago. When I purchased the sectional I also purchased the guardsman furniture protection plan. About 4 months ago I noticed that the corner of the sectional had begun to sink and a one of the cushions had been torn. So I began the claim process. I called. They sent me forms to submit in 30 days. I did that and on Sept. 1st they sent me an email saying thank you and the order was being processed. So today, 3 months later I thought..."wow no one has gotten a hold of me I wonder what's going on." This sectional is in my kids bonus room so it's out of sight and often out of mind. So I called. I gave them my information and they pulled my record. They said someone tried to call and clarify my claim and couldn't leave a message because my voicemail was full. Well I run a business so I'm sure it was. They also said that they sent an email...which I NEVER RECEIVED and I had 10 days to respond and now my claim is invalid! WHAT! WAIT. So I asked what was the information needing to be "CLARIFIED" they said so you think you have broken springs and a torn cushion!!! Why would that need to be verified. That is EXACTLY what was on my claim. It is all a big scam. They take your money for the protection plan and find reasons not to do their job. I will never buy another protection plan from them.

Mr