GreenPoint Mortgage / Unfair mortgage loan payments

GreenPoint Mortgage - www.greenpointmortgage.com

Most Home loan companies give their clients at least a 15-day grace period but not Greenpoint. Their grace period is 10-days and it takes almost the same period to process payments. For the past two months that I had my loan with them it has been a nightmare. I sent my payment on the 5th. of each month to make sure that my paycheck is clear. Greenpoint collectors will start calling mornings and afternoon for payments sometimes even if the check has been cleared by their office. A payment received even a day after the 10th. will be subject to a fee. Their agents are arrogant and will never listen to complaints or compromise. It is unfortunate that Jumbo loans are getting harder to come by but it is worth refinancing with a more responsible company like Countrywide. Since Capital One acquired Greenpoint they have been going downhill. I think Capital One should differentiate between credit card customers and a mortgage client for the risk of foreclosure is much greater than a $5,000 revolving line of credit.

A  1st of Nov, 2008 by
I too had problems with Greenpoint and a payoff. which they lost and have never admitted to finding. I kept getting comments such as when did you alledgely send in the alledged payment. after 30 days of no help. i sent them a letter outlining the following: check issuer, amount, confirmation number and name of person who signed for it at Greenpoint. never send via regular mail its worth the extra money to have them sign. I gave them exactly 7 days to resolve the issue and cc my attorney. I sent this via the contact us section on the website and certified mail. I got a response with in 24 hours and it was resolved in 10 days.

lesson learned; document document document. seek legal assistance early and hold them accountable.