Green Light Real Estate / bad business practices

I never invested with these guys, because I knew better. I have been investing for over 30 years. I did listen in on one of their calls. What I noticed is they don't give much information about the investment offerings, but Adam talked about how he began investing in Arizona with rental properties. Then on the call they are pitching pre developed land. Two different investment strategies. What people don't realize is that Adam has not made money on this land investments, there hasn't been enough time.
I understand how people loose money with these guys. You have to do a lot of due diligence because these guys don't. The call I was on was mostly hype and irrelevant information.
Beware- you really need to know what you are doing when buying real estate.

Comments

15th of Jun, 2008

I only listened to a few of their conference calls, but never invested with them. I am a seasoned investor, I have been investing for over 30 years. Ryan and Adam are amateurs.
    They cater to people who don't know anything about real estate investing, or these investors would not be getting involved with them in the first place.
    After listening just a few minutes on the call, I realized these guys did not know what they were doing. Adam was talking about his investing 5 years ago in Arizona. That was a different time and market. It was nothing to do with today. He was investing in rental properties, now he is pitching pre-developed land. Two different animals. Adam has not made money on his pre-development investments, like he has with his rental properties. But his investors don't understand that.
    The calls are filled with a lot of hype and not much substance and information about the investment offerings.
    Investors are not given solid information, and probably don't have enough experience to do solid due diligence on their own.
    No wonder people are loosing money with these guys!