GRC Vita Power Pro / Billed to my VISA for prod not approved

This is the second time I have had a problem with this company. I ordered a Winser Pilates exercise product, and when I ordered if off the TV program, the telephone receptionist asked if I wanted to get the "FREE Vitamin Supplements" courtesy of ordering the Pilates exerciser. I said "NO THANK YOU" that I already had my own vitamin supp. that I take. I have noticed that my VISA has been billed AGAIN this month (November) for a shipment of GRC Vita Power Pro. in the amount of $33.94, and there is MY VISA charge card number (believe it) for anyone to use, and an 888 phone number to call if I am not satisfied. Well I wasn't "satisfied" in October when they billed for the same item, I called and they said they would have it refunded to my bank and remove my information from their "base". And, now here it is November and I see the charge again. I called and the girls name is "Libby" and she says she will "personally take care of the problem and have both chgs refunded to my bank". They have my VISA number because I ordered the Pilates exerciser and they have my banking info from the VISA CARD. I have called and I have now written to you all in the hopes that this is STRAIGHTENED OUT. I have not been refunded the monies to my account and I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH PRODUCTS. I have NEVER received anything other than the Pilates Exerciser, and I am billed now every month. DO I HAVE NO RECOURSE? Thank you for your time. I remain.

Comments

• Li
      31st of Dec, 2006

Same thing has happened to me - I ordered a face product and was never asked about these vitamins and all of a sudden received them in the mail. I was charged on my credit card and called the company they said to send back - which I did - but the charge was never removed so they said they would not remove it until they received their package back - For all I know that package could get lost because I was not sending it so I had to spend a penny on something I did not order! So I called my credit card company and it has been removed for dispute but I just got another credit card charge for this month! This is really a pain - how can someone send you something that you did not authorize?

29th of Mar, 2007

These people are doing the same thing to me. I said "no" to the vitamins, then found a charge. I just found this complaint by putting "GRC VITA PRO" in google. I *knew* these people were shady. They have been charging me $33.94 for the last three months; each time I call, they promise that the money will be put back, but it never is. I'm on the phone with my bank right now to put this to a stop.

What's more -- I never even got the vitamins!

Grrrr......

• Me
      18th of May, 2007

I just want to know how to get off of the mailing list... So they never send me nothing again.

• Li
      29th of Oct, 2007

Hi,

Same thing happened. I got the sample and I tried to cancel them, and there was no answer. My mom also enrolled and she never received the vitamins, she attempted to call to see what happened, they never answered, so I was checking for an alternate number to call and I found this... I am with my bank hopping they can block them off my account before they begin charging me monthly. I hope they get them. I also think Proactive should have some responsibility, especially since that is how I got enrolled, they don't even have a working number as of where to contact them. This sucks, and you wonder why people don't trust others anymore!

• Ra
      6th of Nov, 2007

I can't believe this. This is starting to sound like an internet scam. But if no one's received anything- not even a refund- it might as well be! The exact same thing happened to me YESTERDAY!! I don't even know these people! No one but me (and possibly others with my permission) should be able to withdraw from my account. NO ONE. And I didn't hear anyone ask my permission! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

• Lu
      28th of Nov, 2007

I Have ordered a proactive set and i got the free vitamins w/ it.....then a month comes by and i see a unathorized $33.94 to my account!!! i called up proactive and they gave me the companys number .....i am calling them right now...this is BS!

• Le
      3rd of Dec, 2007

I ordered natural advantage by Jane Seymore and also got the vitamin scam, they were free with the skin care , just shipping and handling and NOW....................$33.94 out of my account and i never ordered them.............NEVER order from these info commericals.....The attorney general should do something about this. AND your bank goes ahead and pays them after you tell them not too........Because it's already on your credit card.......I gave my card number to Natural Advantage......Not GRC VITA Vitamins.....FRAUD

• Su
      5th of Dec, 2007

The same thing happened to me. I have no idea how to get in touch with the company. When I first received the product I sent it back with a letter indicating that whomever take me off their list I never ordered the product, etc. I am however, continuing to get this product which I do not want nor do I want to pay for.

• Ra
      14th of Dec, 2007

Same thing has been happening to me and i have not ideas how to stop these thieves from taking money out of my account every month. I have called these A** holes to cancel it and then i also called proactive to do the same and i don't know i am still getting the same charge of 33.94.
    Anyone knows how to bring these thieves to justice.

• Be
      17th of Dec, 2007

I ordered the Bare Minerals Make up off of TV and was asked to try the free sample, at no charge to me. I said no because I id not want to get trapped into something that I id not want. Well needless to say, the same as everybody else. I too have been charged 2 times on my Visa card. $33.94.

I have been unable to get hold of anyone to get the charge taken of f of my card. Well I called the number on my statement and got put on hold forever. 15 mins, the first time, 30 mins the second time. After that I quit keeping track of times. No mind you that the address that is on the box is printed as follows: Vita Power, Reno ,Nv. Forgot the street and the #. But I call 411 and asked for a phone number for this company. And guess what!!! No such company, no such number in Reno,NV.

How did you get intouch with these people? If some one could please e-mail me the info i would be greatful for the help.

• Be
      17th of Dec, 2007

Help!!!

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2008

I called and ordered pro active solution and they asked if I would like to try the vitamins for $1.00 more. I said yes then they send vitamins that was agreed on. The next thing is that you billed my account for $60.00 and i called about it and the person on the phone was so not understanding that I don't want the product and to credit my account. He would not take no as I don't want the vitamins. I asked to speak to a manager and he did not agree on that. I finally hung up the phone. I feel that when they agree for the one time $1.00 vitimans that you should not send any more unless the customer orders them. I feel you have no right to charge my account for something after that. Like for example the $60.00 being billed for product never ordered and the company takes it upon them selfs to continue sending product and bill for something not ordered.

• De
      26th of Jan, 2008

This Company is a rip off artist. Once they have your card number there is no stopping them. I have called and gotten no answer. I have written twice and no response. I ordered Pro Active for my daughter and now the vitamins come monthly. They keep charging. My bank said I would have to cancel my card in order to stop the charges. 33.94 a month is ridiculous.

Can anyone stop them.

• Mo
      31st of Jan, 2008

The only way for this company to stop charging your card is to cancel your card through the bank.

• Mo
      31st of Jan, 2008

Vita Power's phone number is 1-888-848-2797. It won't do you any good to cancel through them. You need to cancel your card through the bank and have the bank issue you another card with a different number.

6th of Feb, 2008

I just called the number and spoke with a rep and they cancelled my account. We'll see if that happens. I really don't want to have to change my credit card.

• Pe
      7th of Feb, 2008

Oh no! Please tell me this is not happening! I ordered the facial products and was ask the same thing and now I also have a charge on my credit card! what are we gonna do, this cannot be legal!

• Ki
      12th of Feb, 2008

Hate this company and hope I never encounter again. After twice cancelling they continued to send product and debit my account. The company then removed the phone number so that I was unable to call again. I had to cancel the payment with my bank.

• Vi
      19th of Feb, 2008

FYI:

Vita Pro, Pilates, Proactiv Solution and many more are under umbrella of Guthy-Renker company.

They can use your personal information and credit card info between all sub-companies of Guthy-Renker.

I strongly disagree with their practice, but what I can really do...

If you have problems with Vita Pro ( Vitamins and nutrition products) call one of this numbers and tell them to cancel orders and remove your information from their database...

1-888-848-2797
    or
    1-888-684-9660

I wish you luck with those scammers...

=ViC=

• Me
      1st of Mar, 2008

I recently ordered a trail set with Proactiv and chose to receive the vitamins as well. When the vitamins finally arrived, I became sick after taking them. I kept trying to give them a chance, but it was still giving me extreme stomach pain. I finally decided to mail back the merchandise (proactiv and the vitamins) after reading this complaints board. The proactiv I sent back was refunded to my account(thank goodness!), but after speaking to Pamela at 1888-848-2797 I was told that it may take up to eight weeks for the vitamins be received and to have the amount returned to my account. I didn't have a problem with her customer service; Pamela was very nice and informative. Her associate number is 1629 if anyone wants it out there. I also asked her what items were in the database. I was told that the only thing in there is my name and the last 4 digits of my credit card. She said that no associates had access to the full credit card number.

Im not sure if this is going to work, but I will definitely let you know if I ever get that 33.94 credited back to my account. Also, when calling that 1888 number, they provided an email. grnvitamins@ctu.com I may have copied it wrong, but you can also try emailing the company with your complaints. I will be blocking access to my account through my bank (if this is possible) as well. I wish everyone out there luck!