Grant MasterCharged $38.34 without aouthorization

J Review updated:

I originally had purchased an Internet Profit Gene CD for $1.95. I never received the CD and later was charged twice totalling $150.00. I called to complaint about the charges and at first they gave me a hard time because they said that I had agree to the terms. I made it very clear to them that I had not agreed to anything and I told them that I was not getting off the phone until I got my refund and a cancellation confirmation number. I gave them a really hard time and told them to give me back my money. Finally after arguing with them for about 2hrs., they gave me the refund and a cancellation confirmation number. Three weeks later, I see that my account was charged $38.34 from some GRANT MASTER. I called them and ofcurse, they said that because I had signed up for the INTERNET PROFIT GENE, that I still had an account open. I went off and gave them the previous confirmation number and all the representative could said was "I apologize for the situation" I am not going to write what I told them but you can just imagine!!! Once again I received another confirmation for my cancellation. The best thing to do is to call your bank and cancell your debit card and have them send you a new one so they can no longer charge anything (I did), or if you used a credit card, ask the company to issue a new one with a different number. Besides the phone number they provided on my statement which is [protected], I was able to search for another one [protected].

Comments

• D
      Feb 14, 2008
    Grant Master - Adding other charges that I did not ask for!
    Grant Master

There have been unauthorized charges against my credit card. I ordered a cd from Grant Masters for $1.97. My credit card has been charged for 7.95 under BSM/SBA Express and one charges of $12.95 under networkingagenda I want this to stop now and I need a refund of the money now. The charges are need to be refunded back to me I am canceling what ever Grant Masters has signed me up on.

• G
      Feb 15, 2008

the same thing happened to me. i authorized $1.97 and two weeks later they charged an additional $9.95 to my card. i had to cancel my debit card, which will take two weeks to process. i run a home based business and this will set me back on my sales for this month. i am NOT a happy camper!! Buyer beware!!

• E
      Feb 16, 2008

the same thing happened to me,i authorized 1.97 and 3 weeks later i was charged a nother charged of 7.95 to my cc..when i called the number on my statement to complain, the number was that of an adult dirty chat line, so know i must cancel my credit card before this happenings again,straight out fraud!!

Mar 03, 2008

I did not authorize any deduction from my bank account. This is fraud! It has caused my bank to access non-sufficient funds charges. Put my money back into my account.

Mar 04, 2008
    Grant Master - Unauthorized charges!
    6171 Old Farm Ct.
    Toledo
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

This company deducted $39.95 from debit card, which is my checking acct. WITHOUT my approval. Caused me an over draft, which cost me another $33.00. Six days later, this company took out another $7.95. I never read anything in fine print about monthly membership dues. I did purchase their CD for $1.97, but again, there was nothing about monthly/weekly fees. BEWARE!!!

Mar 04, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation/thank you email, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

For customer service you may call [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately.

This CD based Grant Program is designed to help customers Locate Grants, Find Grant Applications, Write Grant Proposals, and assist them with anything else that may be needed in the process of obtaining grant funding. The CD offers the ability to search for grants by keyword(s), in up to 5 simultaneous categories. This program is supplemented by a member's site, this site offers access to live chat support for assistance with any part of the application and proposal process or questions pertaining to the CD or the member's site. Also access to one of the largest grant data bases you can find anywhere. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation/thank you email, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We do not charge customers that call customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [protected]@wskc.org or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Mar 14, 2008
    Grant Master - Disc does not work!
    Nevada

The disc sent to me does not work & the information on their web site mentions additional charges which i was not informed about & I don't intend to pay any more charges to my account.

Mar 27, 2008

The original price of $2.99 was followed by a $39.95 charge, a $7.99 charge and lord knows what next. Have tried several times to contact this company but to no avail. Luckily, i used amex for this charge and i can turn them on this scam. Thanks

Apr 14, 2008
    Grant Master - my money
    grant master
    Nevada

i finally did receive a package from your company...i took it to the post office and got a receipt proving that the item was not opened and returned to sender...please return my money now!!!

Apr 16, 2008
    Grant Master - unautherized debit charges
    1120 Park Ave #221
    carrrollton
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

These people are taking money out of my account and i have no idea who they are and my bank tells me theres nothing i can do about it.

Apr 19, 2008
    Grant Master - Bogus charges
    Raven Media

The Website says a software download for $2.29. On the entire site is makes no mention of any other charges or subscriptions. A few days later there is a charge of $39.95 on my statement. The software is extremely limited. The information on their site is limited. I have dicovered that many more people have been scammed by this 'company' (and I use the term loosely). I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I suggest that everyone else on this complaint forum do the same. The faster we get this bogus company off the market the better for all of us.

• P
      Apr 29, 2008
    Grant Master - Unknown Charges
    Phone: [protected]

Beware of this company and many others that help you in securing grants. They are only securing money for themselves. If you go to a grant website check for anything that says RAVEN MEDIA this is apparently where this is really coming from. I found several different sites carrying different names with Raven Media in the Privacy Policy. Please beware. I now have several unknown charges to my bank account that lead back to this Raven Media(under different names).

May 14, 2008

I authorized a one time charge of 2.95 for freight only for "free" information regarding government grants. This was in march, they charged this on my account. I have yet to even open the cd, but recently noticed all these "fantom" charges on my charge card. After speaking with someone at the 800 number provided, they refused to give me the true name of the company and were rude and advised me i had 7 days to cancel my "membership". Nothing was mentioned about a membership, all i wanted was the free info promised. There has been nearly 100.00 charged since march for what, i do not know. This is not over as far as I'm concerned! I promptly canceled my so called membership!

May 14, 2008

I have listen to the call that Deanna had with our customer service rep yesterday and found that Deanna was given the name of the company as soon as she asked without hesitation. And at no time was the customer service representative “rude” to her in any way. Deanna did not sign up with the Grant Master Program. But she did authorize her Mother to use her card to do so. At no time during the conversation with customer service did Deanna ask if she could receive a refund for the membership fees she was charged. At the End of the call Deanna thank our customer service representative for being so helpful.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures are posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call [protected].

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

• T
      May 17, 2008
    Grant Master - Unauthorized charges to my credit card!
    Nevada

This company advertised a free CD to help find Govt. grants and all I would have to pay was a small shipping and handling. However, this company charged my credit card without my knowledge or consent for $39.95. They also gave my card # to NETWORKAGENDA.COM which charged my card 9.95 without my knowledge or consent, along with Business Funding Success which charged my account for $7.95 without my knowledge or consent.

• L
      Jun 11, 2008

How do you file and complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I need to file one for my acct. Please send me this information at. [protected]@gmail.com thank you

• L
    Grant Master - Chg'd for CD-NOT RECEIVED
    www.yourgrantmaster.com

I paid the S&H charge of $2.29. Seven Days later they are charging my bank account for $39.95. The CD was advertised as FREE, I just had to pay the S&H. Here it is 20 days later and I've yet to receive the supossedly FREE CD ! ! I am contacting my bank to get my money back. Just because MSN or other well known companies recommend them - DON'T Believe IT ! ! !

Jun 15, 2008

Shame on you. Would you do this to your mother? Your grandmother? Your wife? Do you really consider this the right way to make your living?

What morals do you have (or not have). Surely your parents taught you better than to take advantage of others - why do you choose this misguided path - just to make money? It's ill gotten and will only bring you and everyone affiliated with you bad Karma.

The thing about bad Karma - the sooner you clean it up the better.

Look deep into your own soul where all our answers are truly to be found - is this the way you want to be remembered in life?

Choose to make a better difference - choose to turn back to something better so you don't need to look over your shoulder each minute to see if it's someone you wronged.

I guess all I can do at this point is send you healing prayers to help you, for whatever you need to heal, so that you can turn back to a better life of integrity, if not for yourself, then for your children.

Ryan -

Ryan -

If this company was up and up it would have changed it's marketing by now, knowing that it is misleading to the public, it continues to present its product for sale in this misleading manor, which suggests that they knew all along the scam they were promoting to the public. I never received my cd either and if you don't have an original cd you can't use the program.

We are all part of the Oneness - when you harm one you harm us all.

2.29 original cost for CD never received (which nulls any contract)
    39.95 "Google money profit" charge
    7.95 "GrantSearch NV" charge
    9.95 "NW-AG.COM" charge
    total 60.14

Ryan - I'm still waiting to see a refund hit my bank account.
    and your wskc.org website isn't working! Forget sending the CD

Jul 02, 2008
    Grant Master - Bank charges beyond the cost without my permission
    2673 N. Jackson PO Box 28
    Canmer
    Kentucky
    www.grantmaster.org

These people charged my account 39395 plus 7.95 without my permission after ordering 2.95 CD, I called and they promised to refund my account but I am not sure they will. They are a rip off. There is no easy money. No Grants of this kind. Please do not be fooled as I was.

Jul 02, 2008
    Grant Master - Cannot reach to cancel
    2620 S. Maryland Parkway, Suite #969
    Las Vagas
    www.grantresourcecenter.com

I have not been able to contact the company by phone nor by their website to cancel within the allotted 30 day time period. I still have about two weeks before they refund my money.

• A
      Jul 05, 2008
    Grant Master - Fraud & scam
    www.grantmaster.org

I have just received the Grant Master Deluxe edition CD rom. When i click on " Open Grant Master" the left side of the page where i should find the fields: "Keywords" and "categories " is blank. Those fields don`t appear on the screen. What`s going on???

Jul 08, 2008

If your disk is not working properly then simply contact our customer sevice and we will send you another CD.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call [protected].

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [protected]@wskc.org or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Jul 16, 2008
    Grant Master - Charges not approved
    Grant Master

I too have received the google ad that was 1.99.l Now I have the 39.99 charge on my account that I did not appreove. And way to get it back? thanks
    Dee

Aug 14, 2008
    Grant Master - Unauthorized billing
    612 longview dr
    Nicholasville
    Kentucky
    www.grantmaster.com

I ordered your cd off of T.V. you sent it out I just got off the phone and was told that the time for free was over but I NEVER RECEIVED A EMAIL TELLING ME.

Aug 18, 2008
    Grant Master Program - Taking money out of my account without my permission!
    grant Master Program
    109 w. College
    GrantMasterProgram.com

They say that all you have to pay is 1.00 and then 1.29 and then you 39.95 taken out of your checking account. Now I have another 39.95 taken out . I want it to STOP!!! I was trying to get help for bill not make more.Ifyoucanhelp make themm stop please let me know.I need my money back!!!

Aug 20, 2008

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

Sep 02, 2008

Absolutely NO LEGITIMATE merchant will automatically charge after a trial period. Regardless of what any terms and conditions statement says, this business practice is deceptive and preys on individuals that do not read thoroughly or forget to cancel their membership during the trial period. If they truly did not want to charge customers for a service they do not want, they wouldn't. Simple as that. Try as they may, the sweet-talking CSRs have absolutely no argument to validate their unethical practices.

Oct 06, 2008

I want to cancel my membership ASAP

• G
      Oct 16, 2008
    Grant Master - Charges that I did not authorize
    Wichita
    Kansas

I ordered a CD for $2.29 and have been charged $39.95 each month since. I have called and cancelled the service that I was told went along with the CD (when I ordered the CD I was not aware of there being any other charges).

Oct 20, 2008
    Grant Master - unauthorized charge
    Grant Master,Raven Media
    4340 Koeln Ave
    Saint Loius
    Missouri
    grantmaster.com

I too ordred just the cd and was debited $2.29 10/1. Then was debited $39.95 0n 10/9. I did not authorize this. I called Grant Master customer service this am 10/20 and was told the $39.95 would be cancelled in 3-5 business days. I rec'd a confirmation number and we will see what happens. thanks, Charlie

Oct 28, 2008

I was offered software to assist in getting grants for 2.99 upon paying my 2.99 there were files to down load to my computer. Electronic draft 10/20/08 today i recieved a disk in the mail and there is a charge of 29.95 pending to my checking account. There was no mention of the 29.95 disk in the add i read. I will be disputing this transaction. Please reply if you can help me in this matter.

Nov 16, 2008

there were charges put on my checking account from this company in the amount of 29.95 i did not give my permmision
    for these charges

Nov 22, 2008
    Grant Master - unauthorized payments
    grant master
    2620 s. maryland parkway suite #969
    FREEGOVERMEMTGRANTS.COM

THIS COMPANY ADVERTISED: GET YOUR FREE CD TO FIND GOVREMENT GRANTS ALL YOU PAY FOR IS SHIPING ! LIE!!!LIE!! I PAIED $3.95 FOR SHIPPING. BUT YOU WONT STOP CHARGING MY ACCT $39.95 X3MOS ..HOW CAN I GET THEM TO STOP!!! AN PAY ME BACK? THAY ARE A THIEF !!! IWANT THIS TO STOP. DO I HAVE TO GET A LAWYER AN GO TO COURT??

Nov 26, 2008

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that are located directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

For your security, all transactions on this site are protected with Secure Sockets Layer encryption. By clicking “Ship My CD”, I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the fourteen day and twenty-one day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as “GRANTSEARCHASST”. For questions, call [protected].

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [protected]@wskc.org or call us directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Customer Service Administrator

Dec 31, 2008
    center4grants.com

I did not authorize a credit charge of $39.95 from my card... I did authorize a $2.99 charge to look over this product. I expect a full refund, and no other charges.
    Sincerely, Johnnie McCall

• N
      Jan 13, 2009
    ken pleasant
    Watertown
    New York

i would like it if you coule please credit my account of the 19.99 that you took out you made my account to into the negative

• N
      Jan 13, 2009

i did not even get the cd and got charged !!!

• V
      Feb 27, 2009
    Self
    6851 Plymouth Rd #47
    Stockton
    California
    mygrantsite.com

I went on obamas free grants and paid for a CD for $3, 85 and got nothing but a charge pending on my CC.
    That's Fraud.and i canceled right away and now let's see what will happen now.
    Im disabled and try to get alittle extra when i can but i will fight for my $40...
    Valerie Russo