Grand Canyon Universityripoff

A Class Action Lawsuit has been filed in the Superior Court of Atlanta Georgia for those who would like to attach there name and give there information to attorney Adam Webb at Webb, Klase and Lemond, LLC in Atlanta Georgia. There website address is : www.webbllc.com

This is my outline of the ripoff of this University.

Time Line:
• First day of school started on Monday February 6, 2017 in which a self biography was to be completed and turned in.
• Attendance was completed by logging in using your Grand Canyon University student id and logging into the student portal.
• Each class started on Mondays and ended at midnight on Sundays. This counted as a week of class.
• Each week you were to comment on a post by the instructor and comment on a student’s posts with a relative matter to the subject. Generally 4 posts were produced by the instructor and you could work ahead as far as you possibly could.
• I generally worked 2 week increments, this so the work was completed in a timely fashion.
• Each class was 7 week long.
• Lectures, there were none, simply post comments and one to two 1200 word essays per week. This was the basis of the course.
• Instructor sits in an office and reads and comments on your posts and awards up to 5-10 points (unsure of the points).
• Completed the biography, one essay and four to five posts.
• Arrived home after work around 11:00pm and this is when I tried to turn in the essay, in which I had worked on from the previous class from last year.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Phoenix, AZThe essay was the same subject as last year’s class, nothing ever changed.
• Subjects and objective were mirror images of the past class a year before. Saved all my work from before to recycle as for nothing changed.
• On Sunday evening February 12, 2017, out of frustration, an message was sent to
Orazie Slayton (Instructor), indicating the poor quality of the class and excessive essay writings.
• Tried to terminate the class after an email was sent to the instructor on Sunday February the 12th. I was tired and sleepy tried to withdraw through there portal at Grand Canyon University. In which it indicated an email would be sent and to clink on the link provided.
• Waited till around 3:00 am, checking my personal email for the link.
• Following day, Monday February 13, 2017, checked again and no link or phone call from Grand Canyon University.
• Monday February 13, 2017 logged into my Grand Canyon University account through the portal to check to see if any comments or email had come through, to no avail any emails or contact were made by Grand Canyon University.
• Once again, I had filed another withdraw request on Monday February 13, 2017.
• The basis for withdraw were simple. The lack of learning, the overpriced tuition to write essays and the quality as a whole.
• Josh Durfee withheld the cost of the tuition when he re enrolled me. The $75, 000.00 or so price tag was too much for me to financially absorb. I assumed the costs would be $35, 000.00 as before.
• As stated before I did not receive a call from Josh Durfee until March when I was at home with my family in Peru.

• Updated by David vs Goliath · Jun 10, 2017

Contact Adam Webb at Webb, Lemond, & Klase. A class action lawsuit is being prepared against Grand Canyon University for there fraudulent schemes.

Da
May 11, 2017

Comments

• Te
      Jun 10, 2017

I was called by Grand Canyon University, to start college courses, I informed josh walker the VA Adviser, that I was going to be going on leave, and will not do college while on vacation, Josh said that is no problem we can put it on hold, and when you get back from vacation we can start you back up. I would have never enrolled in GCU until after vacation had I known this, My instructor Allen Guthrie said guess you will just have to roll the dice, and gamble if you pass, GCU did not pass me, I used Tutition Assistance through the Army, the college sent the invoice in to recoup the 1, 000 payment for the course, I then received an e-mail from Daniel True blood, asking me what they could do to get me back at GCU, I said do the right thing and take away the 1, 000 dollars that I owe the Government (Army) his manager was able to call education and get the 1, 000 taken off of Tutition Assistance but however they are saying they will offer me a scholarship for 1, 000 dollars to cover what I now owe GCU, I have already paid the Government back 550.00 which still holds me liable to pay GCU the 1, 000 dollars, this will never get cleared up by GCU because they don't think they have done anything wrong, a 1, 000 dollar bill has now turned into 1, 550.00. I do not trust GCU.